“very nice”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. Bed was awesome. Nice down comforter. Lobby was very modern. Only complaint was for that big of a hotel they only have 30 refrigerators. Also Wi-Fi is like $12 per day in room

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the positive feedback as well as the note on the refrigerators. I will purchase more refrigerators so we can increase our supply. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great service - airport shuttle prompt - all the staff cheerful and helpful. Lobby bar a great place, with superb bar food. The dining room is clearly a bit small (and thus overtaxed) if the hotel is full.
We got a very good rate, making it super value.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Staff service is important to me and I appreciate you recognizing the team. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

As a disclaimer-I ended up here after my flight was cancelled-so I was happy to have a clean room and bed. I have avoided this property in the past, but the renovations were impressive! Swanky lobby and bar-rooms are fresh and nice-I will come back!

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am sorry your flight was cancelled; but, I am grateful that the situation brought you to us so you could experience the recent improvement. Next time, we hope you can plan a trip and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I recently stayed at the Renaissance St. Louis airport for one night and I have to say, I was very happy and impressed with my stay here. I booked the hotel because for an upscale chain, the rate was great and the location close to the airport is what I was looking for. The hotel is less than a mile from the airport, and really easy to access. There is not free parking which is a bit of a bummer, but at $10 a night, it wasn't too bad. The lobby of the hotel is very impressive. It is large, chic, trendy, whatever buzz word you want to plug in there. There is a great bar and lounge area, and even better was the little "library" sitting area. It was super comfortable to sit and get some work done.
My room was on the club floor and was a very comfortable and modern room. I guess this is probably an old hotel, but it really does not show expect for the bathroom (I will explain later). The furnishings were comfortable and modern and everything including the wifi worked perfectly as it should. One small complaint is that the edge of the bed is super close to the dresser so walking around the room from one side to the other is a little tight.
The bathroom is the only part that wasn't super upgraded. The tile shower looked a little old and dated, but the hot water and shower worked great. I didn't use the free robe, but there is one. The club room for breakfast was very nice and there was a good selection of food, fresh fruit and coffee and the crowd wasn't too bad.
My only complaint about this hotel was that I had a snack and a drink in the bar at night and the pour for a hotel bar on my glass of Drambuie was really small given the price. Plus there was three loud and rowdy foreign tourists and the hotel should have quietly cut them off or asked them to leave, but they didn't.
Overall I would totally stay here again. A friend stayed the same night at the Holiday Inn at the airport and it was more money and a total dump compared to this hotel!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent detailed review on this site. I am happy your stay was pleasant. I appreciate the positives, and the areas of opportunity, especially as it relates to the bar. Next time you are in town, we hope to have you, and your friend, as our guests. Again, thank you.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a beautiful airport hotel. It has been there for years but had a major face-lift. I was arriving into Lambert Field late and wanted to crash close to the airport and found a bargin for such a nice room. The lobby is beautiful and was action-packed (it was late and there was still a crowd but I headed to bed). The room was large and beautifully appointed. The shower-bath was "man sized" (if you wanted to stretch out and take a real bath) and was made of some jet-age polymer that was grooved and truly non-slip (all hotel showers should be made of this material). The bed was perfect. My guess is this is where the airline crews prefer to get booked. This was a great find --- priced way below value.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, especially the “man-sized” shower-bath!! I actually enjoyed it to when I stayed in the hotel during my relocation here. Hopefully your next visit will allow some time in the lobby bar.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have stayed here before, but having some time on my hands I want to capture a couple of things:
The coffee service in the room is awkward. You essentially have to make your coffee in a cabinet at about knee height. I always have trouble opening the coffee packets....which is very frustrating first thing in the morning. The water in the lobby restrooms is frigid! Upon arrival after long airline delays there was a long line to checking. They did add a second person and that helped expedite the wait. The entrance to the lobby was very, very slick.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate the feedback regarding the coffee maker location and the cold water in the lobby bathrooms. This helps us understand the need for future considerations and immediate repair needs. Again, thank you. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I travel a lot for business. The airport hotel in St. Louis that I normally stay at was sold out. In looking for another Marriott hotel nearby I came across the Renaissance. What a great surprise! It's been totally renovated on the inside. The lobby area makes you feel like you've arrived in the big city. The rooms are updated and nice as well. Overall, the facility is clean and the service is stellar. I've now made this my go to hotel in St. Louis. It's the perfect hotel for the business traveler.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to the club level, go for it! The rooms are a bit bigger and, as one might...