“Great AAA value!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a Platinum member who had a similar yet also very different experience than ColmK667. I booked the AAA rate, which I think was an excellent value. This hotel was comfy and clean. I do not think it needs major renovation. The carpeting, bedsheets, and desk furnishings in guestroom 1002 looked new. The complete review is on my blog.

1  Thank IrisT
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate the positive comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. While our current guestroom package is not very old, we are refreshing our rooms again. This phase follows the lobby renovation completed last year. We are constantly working to improve our product. Thank you again. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed last week for park and fly. Quiet and very clean room, comfortable bed and pillows and friendly shuttle drivers. Love the Aveda Products in the bathroom. We always stay here prior to flying out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoy our hotel and park and fly. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum member and recently spent a weekend here. The rooms and halls are way past their prime and in need of complete renovation. The linen is so old you can see through the towels. The lobby and bar are ok and the staff was mainly pleasant and helpful except when they asked to see my AAA card and I explained that they were the only Marriott to ask this after 80+ nights at multiple Marriotts around the country. I did not have the card with me and they 'graciously" let me keep my rate...enforce the rule or don't enforce but don't hold the guest accountable for Marriott inconsistency.
All-in-all for fellow Paltinums this is not what you would expect for a Renaissance experience..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay but appreciate your comments. Renovation to the guestrooms has begun and will be completed in March 2014. We hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed last week, during an admittedly busy time (World Series games going on in St Louis, so every hotel in town was close to fully booked).

When I checked in at 5:30pm, the front desk staff indicated a large group had checked out late, and housekeeping was still making up the rooms, so therefore I was not able to get into my room at check-in. Because I was heading to an event that evening, I was instead forced to change clothes and freshen up in the restrooms in the hotel lobby, charge my cell phone in the lobby, and leave my bags at the bag check with the bellman. Not an ideal situation, but I made do since no other alternatives were provided.

The hotel front desk called me about an hour later indicating my room was now available, which wasn't helpful since I was already at my evening event.

Upon returning from my evening event, already tired after a long day, around 11:30pm, there was a line of 4 people at the hotel check-in desk. Because they were unable to at least give me my key at check-in, I had to wait, yet again, for about 15 minutes as the parties ahead of me must have had some more complex check-in issues -- just to get my key and room assignment. As you can imagine, this compounded my frustration from earlier in the day. It took 10 minutes of the only available front desk agent struggling with one customer's issues before she called another agent to come help the other three of us waiting behind.

Overall - the facility was nice. Restaurant service was nice -- cold continental breakfast buffet for $12, hot for $16, but no other options were available (no coffee shop in the restaurant for a quicker eat-and-run option). Shuttle to the airport very convenient -- runs every 15-20 minutes, and from there you can catch the metrolink train into downtown if needed (though, it's a 35 minute ride in). It was only the strange customer service issues that made my stay frustrating. Though I understand some of the circumstances may have been beyond their control, it seems allowing a large group to check out late and inconveniencing a number of business travellers arriving well within check-in times may not have been the best way to handle the situation.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and apologize for the issues with the room availability and slow check-in. The World Series did impact the group we had in the hotel and schedules changed. Future situations will be analyzed closer to avoid disrupting business travelers. Again, thank you. We hope you will visit us again when in St. Louis.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are platinum members with Marriott and have it set in our profile requesting for extra towels. In this past year we've stayed in Marriott hotels for a total of 7 months for business. This is the first hotel that attended to this request. In addition, upon being upgraded to a very nice suite, including a separate living space, a woman from the front desk knocked on our door to deliver a gift bag of sweets and water. This kind gesture has made us book another 2 week stay at this hotel. The hotel is clean, sleek, and you can't beat the hospitality or the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate your positive comments and staff recognition. It is always great to be able to share the positive comments with the team as this is the greatest motivation. Thank you again and we will see you soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a very enjoyable two nights and definitely exceeded my expectations.My initial contact was directly to the hotel tomake a reservation, and I was surprised at the friendly efficiency of the agent. I was certain that her level of service was going to be a singular event, but it was not. Every employee with whom I interacted through the weekend was friendly, efficient and courteous.
The rooms are excellent and the amenities well above average.
Meeting rooms were well appointed, bright and clean. The food was sufficient, but not very exciting.
The lobby looks like a modern furniture showroom, but does have some comfortable seating.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed the hotel amenities and service during your conference. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I want to start off saying that my family is very frugal. However, I also believe the cheapest man pays the most money. Is this the cheapest hotel by the airport? No. Is it the best value by the airport? Yes.

The facilities are clean, modern and easy to navigate. The staff is over the top friendly, especially the gentlemen at the front door. Every room has a great view of the airport and its surroundings. There is a lovely restaurant, bar and lounge area. Our family purchased the park and stay and the shuttle was prompt and I felt that our car and belongings were very safe. I have stayed at many hotels by the airport and this is by far the easiest stays without the hassles of the "cheaper" places.

I do wish the price was still a little lower for my comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport and watch the planes take off and land.