“Best value by the airport”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
JAMoUSA
“Best value by the airport”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I want to start off saying that my family is very frugal. However, I also believe the cheapest man pays the most money. Is this the cheapest hotel by the airport? No. Is it the best value by the airport? Yes.

The facilities are clean, modern and easy to navigate. The staff is over the top friendly, especially the gentlemen at the front door. Every room has a great view of the airport and its surroundings. There is a lovely restaurant, bar and lounge area. Our family purchased the park and stay and the shuttle was prompt and I felt that our car and belongings were very safe. I have stayed at many hotels by the airport and this is by far the easiest stays without the hassles of the "cheaper" places.

I do wish the price was still a little lower for my comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport and watch the planes take off and land.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. Your feedback is important to us and I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. I especially am thankful for your positive review of the staff as this is very important to me. We look forward to your next visit.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
UNIONTOWN, OH
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I don't normally stay at the Renaissance Hotels, but this one offered a very reasonable corporate rate. I had an early morning flight out of St. Louis Airport so I was looking for a hotel that offered a free shuttle to the airport and was close by. The hotel lobby was very impressive. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was some plane noise since it was so close to the airport so if you are a light sleeper then I would look elsewhere. Because of my status they had a hospitality room which offered a good variety for breakfast at no charge. The fresh fruit was delicous. The hotel shuttle was very prompt and goes to the airport every 15 minutes. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. Your feedback is important to us and I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Springfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friends and I made a last minute late night decision to go to St.Louis for the weekend. I used Priceline for the first time ever and won a bid on a room at this hotel. We paid $55 a night which was great for us because we didn't have much to spend. I made the reservations around 2am so I had to wait until around 7am when everything was processed to call and talk to them about the fact that Priceline didn't let me choose how many beds I wanted in the room but the customer service rep I spoke to was very kind and made sure I got everything I wanted.

When we arrived our first few disappointments were that there are no mini-fridges or microwaves in the room and upon check-in they asked for a card to charge a $50 per night deposit. The way that works is they charge it, then if anything is wrong with the room they keep it but if not they refund it up to 14 days later. This didn't work for us because non of us have a credit card and my debit card is used for online and automatic bill pay only. So I told the lady at the front desk our situation, that we didn't know anything about this deposit, and she allowed us to just put $50 cash down for the weekend, we got it back when we checked out Sunday. And as far as the no fridge thing goes, it wasn't difficult to just get ice for our cooler and replace a soda or drink every time it was taken. There seemed to be a lot of people in the hotel but most of them were downstairs in the bar area, I walked to the ice machine in my pajamas and barefoot and never ran into anyone. Also we never woke up early enough for breakfast so we didn't get that.

The room was very clean, the bathroom didn't have an fan or anything so everything was soaked by the time we all took showers but that's ok. The beds were comfortable and we got to lay around and watch some pretty good movies on a good quality tv. We left the Do Not Disturb sign on our door the whole weekend so that no one would come in while we were gone but the housekeeper was very nice and gave me some extra towels and a few bags for our dirty clothes/trash etc out of the housekeeping station. Also I liked the layout of the room because it was set up in a way that as long as I opened the closet doors which had mirrors on them, I could have the bathroom door open with the light on while I did my hair (As I mentioned before, lots of steam, hard to dry your hair when everything is wet) and the light didn't disturb my sleepyhead friends.

Every member of staff that we encountered was incredibly nice. I sincerely hope they get paid well. The doormen downstairs went above and beyond and communicated with me like humans not drones who hate their jobs. I felt uncomfortable letting someone just pack all my heavy crap into the car and I told him that and he let me help. Also, something happened to their gate apparently and they had us park around the side of the building but didn't charge us at all, so that saved us $30 bucks.

As far as things not working goes, the hot tub was closed and that was something we really wanted to use after having walked all over St.louis all day Saturday.

I read some reviews on here complaining that it was loud being next to an airport, I don't know if maybe some planes crashed while they were there or something but we were directly facing the airport and watched several planes land and take off and didn't hear a thing! It was also pretty cool to just glance out the window and see a hot pink and purple plane landing...Also, there was nothing wrong the with air conditioning/heating unit, we used both during the duration of our stay.

I didn't eat at the restaurant or bar but seriously people why would it be cheap? They have to make money to survive just like you do, and guess what? You still paid for it didn't you? If you want cheap, drive down the road to Jack in the Box or any of the Liquor stores nearby. (But jack in the box, though cheap and very fond of giving free tacos, had terrible customer service and screwed up our order big time, but it's right down the road so no biggie.)

Also it only seemed to take 15-20 minutes to get anywhere and it was very easy to get to the hotel from the highway.

Overall, I was very satisfied with our stay, it would have gotten 5/5 stars if the hot tub were working.

I hope this helps you when planning your trip!

Room Tip: Budget to tip the friendly staff, bring a cooler, and prepare for a nightly deposit fee.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kara K
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate you taking time to be very detailed in your review, sharing the positives and opportunities. Your feedback allows us to know the areas we are doing well and the areas we need to focus on. This is important to the entire team. Thank you again. We hope you are able to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent hotel for the value. I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in St. Louis. We ventured to St. Charles, which was about 15 minutes away- fabulous and quaint downtown area that was great for looking around. Old, cobblestone streets. It was such a pleasant area to be in. Making plans to return already!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and were able to discover St. Charles. What a great town with events occurring year round. We look forward to your next visit.

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice location to anywhere in St Louis. Bathroom, toilet, carpet, bed sheet are all clean. Everything is perfect except the bathroom vent fan is not working (and dusty), the a/c outdoor unit is toooooo loud at night even I was at 8th floor. Don't miss the indoor swimming and gym. If you didn't want to pay for the internet, the lounge area at the lobby give you a cozy place to enjoy free wifi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Milo F
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate the positive comments, in addition to the information on the vent fan and a/c. These areas will be focused on for improvement. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

brooklyn, new york
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my recent trip to see the Cardinals play in the playoffs The hotel is nice the lobby is beautiful where guests could eat drink and relax. The front desk guy was helpful and very nice he actually help me pick this hotel to stay in due to his great customer service (.argentine guy) the lobby is nice. There's parking and shuttle service to and from airport
Room was clean amd spacious. Big screen tv. Bed comfort I will rate it at 7 out 10

Pool is nice for the price and in comparison to the other hotels in the area ill choose this hotel again

Check in n out quickly. Staff was nice.

I gave it a 4 because there was some stains on my bed sheets, bed comfort, and lack of security n better lighting in the parking lot. But I'll def stay here again

Room Tip: Don't cross that bridge unless you have permission from the st lunatics
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank raydan1324
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate the positive comments, in addition to the information on the bed sheets and parking lot lighting. These areas will be focused on for improvement. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay last night. Traveled with friends and received adjoining rooms without even requesting it. I'm a little weiry of hotels and cleanliness, however the rooms were very clean! Was very comfortable staying here. Valet parking was fast and friendly. We lost a tennis shoe and valet found it for us. Would highly recommend this hotel. Only 12 minutes to downtown, good coffee in rooms and friendly staff. Stay here!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate the positive comments, especially on the cleanliness. I am glad Valet found the shoe! We hope to see you again, soon.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!