“No dice”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I will never stay here again. While waiting 45 minutes for the airport shuttle I saw at least 6 Hilton shuttles go by. If I had known the shuttle was so horrible I would have taken a taxi.

Also- walls are so thin I heard the person next door fart.

• Stayed: September 2013
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I sincerely apologize for the slow service we provided with our shuttles. Being an airport property with 24-hour service, prompt shuttle service is critical and this is not our normal level of service. I have addressed this with our shuttle team and we will focus on improving.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is near the airport and a good value. The property is a little old but has been well maintained and updated. Rooms are large and comfortable. The fitness center is large and well equipped. However, the great thing is the restaurant--great food and great service!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am happy you enjoyed your stay including the fitness center and restaurant. I will share the positive comments with the Food and Beverage team. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here one night before a mid morning flight. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful, the room was clean (if a bit small), the bed was comfortable... but the noise in the hall woke us up no less than four times during the night. I can sleep through a lot, but it seemed as though any sound of someone walking or talking in the hall was clear and loud in the room. I understand that this is an airport hotel and the shuttle runs 24 hours a day to the airport, however something needs to be done to dampen the sounds from the hallways. Would not have minded so much if we did not need to be up and on a plane and working the next day. If they fix this problem I would not hesitate to give this property a higher rating as everything else was fine and it is VERY close to the airport but there is no aircraft or highway noise at all.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room at the end of the hallway were there may be less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am sorry that the guest noise disturbed you during your stay. I will share this information with our renovation team to see if we can determine a way to minimize hallway noise in the upcoming guest room renovation. Again, thank you for sharing the review.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel missed my wakeup call. I had 30 minutes to catch a flight to Alaska and made it by 1 minute. Had I missed the flight I would leave no stars. Very poor customer service for a hotel that caters to travelers. NO WAKE UP CALL, REALLY. It's as basic a customer service as there is and they messed it up. Don't stay there if you need a wake up call. Go spend 1/2 the money and stay at the Hilton accross the street. Not to mention the $10 a day parking fee.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need a wake up call.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I apologize for the inconvenience of not receiving your wake-up call. I certainly understand the frustration this created and have addressed the importance with the team. Again, thank you for sharing the review.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night while in St. Louis on business in August 2013. The experience was fine, and the hotel was certainly priced affordably for a full-priced property. I didn't leave dissatisfied, but the hotel could be better.

The lobby of the hotel appears to have been renovated relatively recently and is very trendy-looking. I liked it for the most part, although I thought parts of the lobby were a bit dark. Still, trendy decor, ample seating, an open bar concept, etc.--well done. Sadly, the rooms disappointed compared to the lobby--they are in need of a refresh. On the plus side, the room was very spacious, clean, had a very large desk, and comfortable beds. On the minus side, the decor felt tired and generic, and the bathroom felt out-of-date. Hallways were the same--dark and tired. Perhaps the updated lobby is the first step of a much bigger renovation? Let's hope.

Service at the hotel was fine--I was checked-in (late) very quickly and felt welcomed to the hotel. Check-out was also polite and fast. I had access to the concierge lounge and stopped-in very briefly; it was fine. There was some less-than-plesant guests that were loitering outside of the lobby around 11pm and smoking right near the entrance--I dislike having to walk through a plume of smoke as I'm entering the lobby, so I wish the hotel would send them elsewhere. Parking was also a bit of a pain--the lots are a bit convoluted and very full (I think a number of guests probably park their car at this hotel during their trip, meaning lots are busier than the hotel itself). It'd be nice if some close-in spaces were reserved for overnight guests.

Location isn't much -- it's a typical airport hotel, with a few fast food joints around. I wasn't excepting the location to be anything special, however, so that was fine. I will note the hotel was QUIET -- despite the airport proximity and proximity to freeways, I didn't hear anything during my stay.

Overall, fine, although I can't say I'll go rushing back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Regarding the guest rooms, we are starting a renovation in the last quarter of 2013. This is the next phase following the lobby renovation. I will share your suggestions with the team in order to determine feasibility.

Again, thank you. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were very surprised at how nice this hotel was. The lobby/lounge areas were attractive and welcoming. The rooms were wonderful. The staff were helpful and friendly. It was a good experience at a reasonable price.

We almost didn't stay here because of a couple of rather negative experiences over the years at the Renaissance near LAX, The difference between these hotels was night and day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, Front Office Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide a clean hotel with friendly staff and it is reassuring when we hear we are delivering on this. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. Each time we stay we get more and more disappointed with the service and lack of care by the staff. The shuttle this last time was a JOKE. Landed at the Airport and an hour and a half later we arrive at the hotel. NEVER before has this happened.But... seems to be the wave of things that keep happening from this hotel. The driver insisted we leave our bags right outside the door of the shuttle van, which was a safety hazard for passengers trying to get on the van. But, he insisted that for "safety" reasons he had to pick up the luggage himself. Where was he when I hauled them around the hotel in Orlando FL through the airport and the to the shuttle itself???? He was in much worse shape!!! He took FOREVER. We were trying to beat the clock in order to do a little shopping at St. Charles which usually would not be an issue. We are usually promptly picked up and our luggage is usually promptly loaded and unloaded within 30 min. We arrived at the Renaissance Hotel and he again would NOT let anyone off - He was going to unload the bus himself - we were being held hostage!!!! Ok I am all about getting help and I will gladly tip you BUT this was unbelievable, for a 30min. job to take 1-1/2 hrs. I finally grabbed my bag - we were in a hurry and I had lost my patience at this point. I was yelled at to make matters worse. You could get hurt ......... I thought the man was going to have a coronary loading and unloading the bags if any one was going to get hurt it was him. Any way the last time we stayed at this hotel, we did not get our towels. Like I said we have used this hotel many times and rode this shuttle many times. We are getting VERY upset with the service that continues at the Renaissance!! It was always the only one we would consider - we will be looking into other hotels next trip!!!

Room Tip: You can request a room to watch planes - kinda cool if you like that kinda thing
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I never like to hear that we are irritating our guests. Yes, we like to provide a service, but if a guest wishes to provide their own service we should allow it. I will re-iterate this with our team members. I am disappointed to read that you are considering other hotels. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
1 mi away
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!