“Getting more disappointed all the time”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Peoria il
“Getting more disappointed all the time”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. Each time we stay we get more and more disappointed with the service and lack of care by the staff. The shuttle this last time was a JOKE. Landed at the Airport and an hour and a half later we arrive at the hotel. NEVER before has this happened.But... seems to be the wave of things that keep happening from this hotel. The driver insisted we leave our bags right outside the door of the shuttle van, which was a safety hazard for passengers trying to get on the van. But, he insisted that for "safety" reasons he had to pick up the luggage himself. Where was he when I hauled them around the hotel in Orlando FL through the airport and the to the shuttle itself???? He was in much worse shape!!! He took FOREVER. We were trying to beat the clock in order to do a little shopping at St. Charles which usually would not be an issue. We are usually promptly picked up and our luggage is usually promptly loaded and unloaded within 30 min. We arrived at the Renaissance Hotel and he again would NOT let anyone off - He was going to unload the bus himself - we were being held hostage!!!! Ok I am all about getting help and I will gladly tip you BUT this was unbelievable, for a 30min. job to take 1-1/2 hrs. I finally grabbed my bag - we were in a hurry and I had lost my patience at this point. I was yelled at to make matters worse. You could get hurt ......... I thought the man was going to have a coronary loading and unloading the bags if any one was going to get hurt it was him. Any way the last time we stayed at this hotel, we did not get our towels. Like I said we have used this hotel many times and rode this shuttle many times. We are getting VERY upset with the service that continues at the Renaissance!! It was always the only one we would consider - we will be looking into other hotels next trip!!!

Room Tip: You can request a room to watch planes - kinda cool if you like that kinda thing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I never like to hear that we are irritating our guests. Yes, we like to provide a service, but if a guest wishes to provide their own service we should allow it. I will re-iterate this with our team members. I am disappointed to read that you are considering other hotels. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel has been recently remodeled and the lobby and restaurant are very attractive. All of the staff are extremely nice and helpful. However, we had a problem with the shuttle - they took us to a nearby restaurant and said it would be no problem to pick us up - but after we called 40 min. went by and no shuttle and we had to be back. They told us the airport pickups were their priority - not us. If they had told us that at the beginning we could have made other arrangements. We ended up getting a ride back from some very nice total strangers that lived in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am sorry for the shuttle service that you experienced. This feedback has been shared with the shuttle team members. While this is not our customary service, I realize we failed to deliver and will focus efforts to improve. Again, thank you for sharing and we hope you will visit us again.

NYC
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Looked forward to staying at the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel. Room wasn't clean (refreshed) one day and reported it....this was at 4:00 p.m. Three hours later no response. Called front desk. One towel, one washcloth was sent up with no apology. Lobby has a nice look and very friendly staff when entering and leaving hotel. Will give it another shot!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I apologize for the lack of service we provided in cleaning your room and delivering fresh towels. I have shared this with our Housekeeping Manager in order to improve. I appreciate you giving us another shot and look forward to your return.

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in July while in business. The lobby is updated and modern. The bedrooms are not updated like the lobby, bar and restaurant. The room was clean but had hated wallpaper in the bathroom. The shower tiles/grout need to be scrubbed and bleached.

The service was very good with very friendly valet service. The breakfast buffet was good with a good variety. The dining and concierge services were also very friendly.

The hotel is very convenient to the airport and car rental locations.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and your feedback on the room is appreciated. We will start remodeling our rooms in November and give them an updated look. I hope you will be able to come back and enjoy the renovated rooms.

Chicago
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. My room was huge and at the end of the hall (646 maybe???) which made it quiet. The lobby looked newly remodeled and I loved the layout of it. There are so many nooks and crannies to meet with colleagues and have a drink. It was a 2 minute drive to it from the airport and the shuttle is continuous and free. I ordered room service twice and both times it was excellent (eggs benedict) and the servers who delivered it were so amazingly friendly. I don't have the receipts handy or I'd call them out by name. Just great. Two small drawbacks....not too much within walking distance of the hotel to vary your food options (unless you like fast food there is literally every chain except McD's within a mile of the hotel) and the elevators don't indicate if they are going up or down so you are bound to go in a direction you don't intend but this is minor. You just need to get used to it. :) I really liked this hotel a lot and would stay again if ever in STL again.

Room Tip: The last two rooms on each side of the hall are quiet and large. I think I stayed in 646 and it was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. The eggs benedict is a great dish. Good feedback on the elevators. We are about to start a modernization on the elevators and will correct the directional issue. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Seems to be an above average hotel. Attractive lobby, helpful staff, clean rooms with flat screen tv, fluffy beds (pillows not so much), nice furniture. They have a 24 hour airport shuttle. The only complaint that I have is that there seems to be some "hanging out" at the front door - whether the people were guests or visiting the staff, it was loud, vulgar and uncomfortable. Because of my short stay, I did not eat at the hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate your feedback and will ask the team members to control the entry area better. I agree that it is not pleasant when you have to enter through uncomfortable gatherings. We hope to see you back in the future!

springfield,mo
Reviewed August 15, 2013

ok so I am staying here with my son and his wife as he attends the national harmonica convention. he goes to the convention we go to the zoo,grants farm, science center. I am writing this review to help others. I looked for this info before i came and couldn't find it so here it is.
First of all no free wifi as stated before. Nice comfortable beds with down or down like comforters. Aveda shampoo,conditioner, moisturizer, and soap (rosemary min)t.Great products. Not so hot the blow dryer if you have thick hair but it works. Its a conair, weaker version. So lets talk food. The restaurant here is just to expensive for me. But across the street is Dennys 24/7.for those who don't like breakfast they have a 3 great salads and the buffalo wings are a favorite of mine.Also hamburgers and philly steak sandwich.
Also out the parking lot a walk away is waffle house. within 2 blocks there is ralleys hamburgers, churchs chicken, dominoes,a pankcake house and if your willing to drive a few miles to the galleria mall there is a cheesecake factory. the rooms are nice. But if I had not got the discounted price would have never payed over 90 bucks for a room. The room service great, Coffee maker in room great with real half and half creamers.splenda,sweet and low and equal. $10.00 a day parking ouch! but i can see why.Great to watch out the window and see planes take off. The pool is nice indoor and out. Thats the ins and outs, hope this helps someone.

Room Tip: didnt hear any noise floor 3
3 Thank marianneparson
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate your detailed review and am happy you enjoyed the visit. We enjoyed having the harmonica group in the hotel and cannot wait until they come back next year. Hopefully you will be able to come back then, too.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!