“Super convenient, super hotel.”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Manassas, Virginia
“Super convenient, super hotel.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a classy hotel with clean rooms and a competent staff. My wife and I always show up with high expectations and have them exceeded at every turn. From the front desk to the concierge, everyone seems eager to make your stay memorable and special. The bar/restaurant area has been recently renovated and gets an A+ for both libations and nosh.

Great management must be the key, we’ll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmadden2
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive comments. I look forward to your next visit and extending my gratitude in person.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We made reservations 4 MONTHS in advance and confirmed reservation before arriving, but when we arrived, they stated that they had our reservation but did not have a room available due to over booking for 4 family reunions. While I was standing at the lobby desk, a business man came up and gave his reservation information and was asked if he would like a king or queen size bed. Then he was given his card key and a smile and sent on his way. I was ignored for the most part while my family of 5 waited to see what solution they could come up with. During our looong wait in the lobby, I was desperately trying to find another hotel but there was not a hotel vacancy for miles. They finally came up to me and stated that the best that they could do would be a king size bed that would have to accomodate my 3 sons and me and my spouse. Really??? I had requested queens when making the reservation. When I asked for the supervisor, they all of a sudden miraculously came up with a room with 2 queens. We got to the room, and the air conditioner was broken and the fan in the bathroom did not work. The TV had no remote, and there was a charge for wifi. The room had an odd odor as well. I would NEVER go back to this hotel again. They were rude and did not once appologize for the inconvenience. We had prepaid when making our reservation and it was EXPENSIVE and NOT WORTH A PENNY !!!!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and book at the Hilton.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Jody L
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. It is disappointing to hear that your stay was far from perfect. I apologize for this and would like to discuss this with you, if you would not mind reaching out to me.

Jacksonville
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked 3 rooms at this hotel to stay the night prior to leaving for Mexico. The rooms were nice and the location was close to the airport. We also booked 3 rooms to stay on our way back from Mexico, because our arrival was around midnight. The rooms were confirmed 4 hours prior to our arrival. When we arrived, they told us they had overbooked, and they were moving us to a crappy hotel downtown. Unacceptable! The whole point of booking, and confirming, these rooms were to not have to drive after a long day of flying. They did have platinum rooms available but would not put us up in these rooms because we were not platinum members. We will never be back. Beware!! Be warned!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Brian N
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am sorry that we ended up in an oversold situation and did not have rooms available. I can certainly understand the frustration, especially so late in the evening. Thank you again, and I hope you will give us another chance.

Pearl City
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great location. Only minutes away from the airport. Free airport shuttle service available. Very good check in experience. Small issues with guest room. No cold water in shower. Mentioned to front desk at time of check out. Lamps were difficult to operate. Old switches made turning on and off a challenge. Otherwise, very nice hotel.

1 Thank John D
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site and the positive comments. I am sorry you had no cold water in the shower and appreciate you letting the staff know. Occasionally, a mixing valve will go bad and we need to replace it. Thank you again, and I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My first experience booking a a small meeting at this facility. It went off without a hitch. Denise Behlmann, executive meeting manager was great as we planned the event. She answered my requests quickly and efficiently. The hotel was very nice. While it is pricey, you know that going in upfront. Wireless is not free for guest rooms or meeting room space. The meals are expensive. If you are looking for a place to have people fly in from out of state, take a hotel shuttle, work, and then shuttle back to airport, it works great. It will leave visitors with a great taste of Missouri. I would highly recommend this hotel. I tried to book with a similar hotel but couldn't get any response. Glad I stumbled inadvertently on this spot. It fit our needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad your team and attendees enjoyed the hotel for their meeting. I want to especially thank you for recognizing Denise. She is a great team member and we are happy she is on our team. Thank you again, and I hope you will visit us again for your next meeting (or for a get-away!).

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Renaissance St. Louis Airport several times when we've been in the area. This is a very nice, modern hotel and it is reasonably priced. The rooms are a good size and we've always found them to be clean and in good working order. All that being said, next time we're in St. Louis we will stay elsewhere. Below is my honest assesment based on our multiple previous stays vs. our most recent stay.

1. It was crowded. In our previous stays, (all weekends), we thought the hotel was quiet and we suspected that they primarily dealt with business travelers. This stay, the hotel was extremely busy, there were lots of pre-teen and teenage kids. Many of them were up all hours, being loud, slamming doors, etc.
2. Parking... the hotel charges a parking fee and also has valet parking available. Due to the aforementioned large crowd, the regular parking lot, which is small relative to the size of the hotel, was full. They opened up access to an auxiliary lot which put us around the back side of the building near the convention hall with no back door to the hotel, thus a long walk around the building. This is not a neighborhood where I felt good about parking out back or having to walk around the building after dark.
3. Breakfast. On our previous stays, breakfast was complimentary and was always very good. They did not offer complimentary breakfast on this stay.
4. WiFi. My wife was reading on her kindle and wanted to download a book. When she attempted to sign in, she got a message saying that WiFi access would be a $13 charge. Even budget hotels offer basic WiFi to guests for free.

Again, the hotel and the rooms are nice, clean, and modern, and I would have no problem recommending this hotel based on those attributes. However, due to being crowded, loud, and being nickel-and-dimed for basic services, I'll look elsewhere next time I'm in town.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KBrew74
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am sorry you did not enjoy the last visit. The leisure market is very strong for us in the summer months. Based on your previous stays, I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Sterling, Kansas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at this location for 2 nights. The room was more than adequate with regard to space and cleanliness, but the first morning I had almost no hot water making it uncomfortable to shower and shave. The lobby and restaurant area are modern while the room looked a little traditional. Service was very good and shuttle to/from the airport was very quick.

1 Thank ranhorn
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you enjoyed the service and shuttles but disappointed that you had limited hot water. There may be a bad mixing valve in the shower handle. If you did not report the issue while here, would you mind contacting me and letting me know what room you were in?

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!