“Great lobby for a business meeting”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
St. Louis, MO
“Great lobby for a business meeting”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was meeting with someone for just a couple hours who was flying in for the meeting and the lobby at the Renaissance was PERFECT. Their breakfast was delicious and there were so many choices of tables, couches, and even private rooms in which to conduct our meeting. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Januarybride01,

Thank you for your great review! I am very happy that you enjoyed our lobby and restaurant. Please stop by any time for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We would be happy to see you again!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night pre park and fly in December and one night in January also pre park and fly....Really was impressed by their modernization since we had stayed one year before. The lobby, the bar area, the restaurant. We actually ate at the bar area and had the same waitress both times and she was wonderful...she was on it! And the food was good--mussels, hamburgers and all were tasty. The drinks were good too! The rooms both times were very nice and large and comfy bedding. Nice bathroom amenities...The best part were the drivers who took us over to the airport and who picked us up from the airport. Very friendly, very on time, helpful and it is a very short trip so you get there in a flash. When we got back we used our free ticket to drive out their gate and were on our way back home. We will definitely stay here again and will try to find a AAA special for the park and fly. Sometimes they have a really great rate on that on their website and sometimes it is higher...so just keep checking. My favorite place to go to park and fly in St. Louis currently!

Room Tip: If you like to look at the airport lights choose that side of the hotel. If trying to avoid that, c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Birthday-Gal
Dear Birthday-Gal,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your input. I am pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel so much, from the rooms to the restaurant to our shuttle. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please come to see us again soon, we will be happy to have you stay with us again!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are staying at the Renissance or just need a meeting place they stop by the hotel Lobby Bar / resturant and get a great bowl of French Onion Soup. I have stoped at this location many times and the soups are tops. They are fresh made and worth the price. I can always count on the French soup with lots of good cheese and great flavor without the salt taste.

mj

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mj s
Dear mj s,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am very pleased that you enjoy Norah’s as much as we do. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with our Chef and his staff. Please stop by any time, we would be happy to have you!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Check in took forever. Could not find reservation. The lobby music was so loud I could hear the receptionist or her me. Totally inexperienced. Only one eleven in service with a very long wait. The both towels were so thin and threadbare you could see through them. The restaurant was way overpriced, no wonder it was empty. Never again that's for sure

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear smaresident,

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will be sure to alert our Front Desk Staff of your comments, and to share your towel issues with our Housekeeping Department. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance and bringing these problems to our attention. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Marriott property was beautifully remodeled in 2012. Service is also greatly improved! Great location next to airport, yet fairly quiet.
Great for business travelers!
If you are staying for one night or two weeks you will find it well suited for your stay.
Only improvement still needed is parking access.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ReneeHB
Dear ReneeHB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance! I am very pleased that you enjoyed our renovations. Also, I apologize for any issues you may have experienced with our parking gates. I thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to perfect our gate system. Next time you are in St. Louis, please come to see us! We would be delighted to have you here again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Start with positives - airport location and good rates on the weekends. Bad - everything else the staff is not customer service oriented so if you want anything - rent a car and bring it to the hotel so you will not be disappointed. The do know the meaning of the word "no" and really do not know the meaning of going any extra for a guest.

In the end if you need a bed stay here - anything else stay elsewhere

Room Tip: Stay on the entrance side it is quieter than the airport side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank agbcpa01
Dear agbcpa01,

The service you received during your stay was not acceptable, and I apologize. If you would like to discuss the issues of your stay, please contact me at the hotel.

Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed for one night during a recent trip west. The front desk was not very accommodating to issues even though I have platinum status at Marriott. We were given a very nice room, but not without some effort on my part. Breakfast was a disaster The hostess desk was not manned and we had to search for someone to seat us. She then totally ignored us, and did not bring the soft drink I ordered. I had to ask someone else for the drink. The buffet food was cold which we brought to the attention of a second waitress, but nothing was done about that. Then when it was time to present the check, she said that we had not given her breakfast coupons which we had certainly handed to her when she seated us.
We had stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in May and everything was excellent, so we wanted to be sure to stay again. The manager did add some bonus points to my account, but we would not subject ourselves to the rude staff again.

Room Tip: There is a full service Marriott located nearby. I would suggest that hotel over this one. Price i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear timesharetraveler11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information with me. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received and for the rudeness of the staff. I will be sure to look into these issues so we can prevent these problems moving forward. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please contact me at the hotel.

My sincerest apologies,
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!