“French Onion Soup”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are staying at the Renissance or just need a meeting place they stop by the hotel Lobby Bar / resturant and get a great bowl of French Onion Soup. I have stoped at this location many times and the soups are tops. They are fresh made and worth the price. I can always count on the French soup with lots of good cheese and great flavor without the salt taste.

mj

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mj s
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear mj s,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am very pleased that you enjoy Norah’s as much as we do. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with our Chef and his staff. Please stop by any time, we would be happy to have you!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Check in took forever. Could not find reservation. The lobby music was so loud I could hear the receptionist or her me. Totally inexperienced. Only one eleven in service with a very long wait. The both towels were so thin and threadbare you could see through them. The restaurant was way overpriced, no wonder it was empty. Never again that's for sure

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear smaresident,

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will be sure to alert our Front Desk Staff of your comments, and to share your towel issues with our Housekeeping Department. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance and bringing these problems to our attention. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Marriott property was beautifully remodeled in 2012. Service is also greatly improved! Great location next to airport, yet fairly quiet.
Great for business travelers!
If you are staying for one night or two weeks you will find it well suited for your stay.
Only improvement still needed is parking access.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ReneeHB

Dear ReneeHB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance! I am very pleased that you enjoyed our renovations. Also, I apologize for any issues you may have experienced with our parking gates. I thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to perfect our gate system. Next time you are in St. Louis, please come to see us! We would be delighted to have you here again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Start with positives - airport location and good rates on the weekends. Bad - everything else the staff is not customer service oriented so if you want anything - rent a car and bring it to the hotel so you will not be disappointed. The do know the meaning of the word "no" and really do not know the meaning of going any extra for a guest.

In the end if you need a bed stay here - anything else stay elsewhere

Room Tip: Stay on the entrance side it is quieter than the airport side
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank agbcpa01

Dear agbcpa01,

The service you received during your stay was not acceptable, and I apologize. If you would like to discuss the issues of your stay, please contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed for one night during a recent trip west. The front desk was not very accommodating to issues even though I have platinum status at Marriott. We were given a very nice room, but not without some effort on my part. Breakfast was a disaster The hostess desk was not manned and we had to search for someone to seat us. She then totally ignored us, and did not bring the soft drink I ordered. I had to ask someone else for the drink. The buffet food was cold which we brought to the attention of a second waitress, but nothing was done about that. Then when it was time to present the check, she said that we had not given her breakfast coupons which we had certainly handed to her when she seated us.
We had stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in May and everything was excellent, so we wanted to be sure to stay again. The manager did add some bonus points to my account, but we would not subject ourselves to the rude staff again.

Room Tip: There is a full service Marriott located nearby. I would suggest that hotel over this one. Price i...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear timesharetraveler11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information with me. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received and for the rudeness of the staff. I will be sure to look into these issues so we can prevent these problems moving forward. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please contact me at the hotel.

My sincerest apologies,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm not sure this hotel is up to the usual Renaissance standards, but it's clean, modern, and the staff is excellent. Their standard prices are really high for what you get, but the AAA park and fly rate of $79 is a great deal with 8 nights of parking. The shuttle runs 24 hours a day and they tell you to be in the lobby 15 minutes beofre you want to go, but I would recommend getting there a little earlier if you're going out in the morning. I had to wait for the next shuttle because the first one filled up before I got on.Overall, a great stay and I will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EP_AlwaysOnTheGo

Dear EGranger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to come back. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The recent remodel of this hotel was quite a transformation! The decor is fun and hip, the staff is extremely pleasant, delicious food, clean rooms. It is just a great hotel. Our only complaint was the lighting in the restaurant Norah's was a bit too bright for us. We asked if they could dim them, but that didn't seem possible, so we chose to eat dinner in the bar area. Our meal was very good and the service exceptional! We also love that we can leave our car parked here when we fly out. The shuttle to the airport is timely and the drivers are always cheerful and eager to help with your bags. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear BeanRust,

I am delighted that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and restaurant! I will also be sure to share your kind comments with my shuttle team. Please come to see us next time you are in St. Louis, we would be happy to have you stay with us again!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#4 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!