“Modern, Convenient and Well Appointed”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Kansas City, Missouri
“Modern, Convenient and Well Appointed”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had never stayed at this hotel in St. Louis before attending a conference/workshop there and staying overnight so I was surprised (pleasantly) by how modern the decor was throughout the hotel. In addition to being so up to date, it was very clean and inviting. The rooms were large and clean. The staff was especially helpful and cheerful, which is not always the case these days. In any event, this would be a 5 star hotel except for the fact that noise from the hallway permeating my room during the night. I was awakened several times by slamming doors and talking. Maybe the walls are not as substantial as they appear but it was not a good night's rest. Otherwise, the hotel was lovely and very accommodating.

Room Tip: My room was well away from the elevators so I can't advise where it might be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear km0722,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance. I am pleased that you enjoyed our new décor throughout the hotel. However, it disappoints me that you did not get a good night’s rest. I apologize for disturbances and ask that you contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss this matter further. Next time you are in St. Louis, please come to visit us. We will be happy to have you again!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot because I'm a flight attendant. I stay in many hotels and this is one of the best airport layovers.
Service is great and the hotel is beautiful.
Not much around the area but the inside of the hotel makes up for the location.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear tayshan1,

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoy the Renaissance during your layovers. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting recently. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by the accommodations for both sleeping and meeting space, as well as the facility overall. We chose this location because of its central location in the US, and its proximity to the airport, as we had people flying in from all over the country to attend.

The pros:
Lots of meeting space. There were at least 3 ballrooms (2 on the rooftop), and several smaller meeting rooms sprinkled throughout the top and bottom floors.

Attentive staff. The banquet staff were well-trained and attentive, as was the regular meeting staff. Adjustments were made quickly, as needed, throughout the weekend.

Decent "rubber chicken". Anyone who has attended any meeting/conference anywhere knows what I'm talking about. In this case, it wasn't the random slab of flavorless chicken, but was instead actually interesting and had some great tasting recipes. The desserts were also excellent, and that never hurts. Also, we ate at the on-site restaurant once while there, and the food was similarly tasty.

Nice rooms. The beds were really comfortable, and the rooms were really clean. Also, considering you were basically on airport property, it was pretty quiet, too.

The cons:
It is next to an airport, so if you are hyper-sensitive to noise while sleeping, it might bother you. If you're OK with minor noises, you'll be just fine though.

The bartender doesn't make the world's best drinks. Yes, I'm stretching to find con #2.

I would definitely recommend looking into this property if you're not needing to be in downtown STL. Can't wait to go back in a few years!

2 Thank Eknels
Dear ENem,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance. We greatly appreciate your input, and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit to St. Louis. We would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Manning, SC
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We needed a place near the airport for my recent trip. This place was okay and said it had a free shuttle so we chose it because similar hotels had been good. This was the exception. First, the music (or muzak) was playing so loud at reception that I could not hear the clerk nor could he hear me. It was like that Saturday Night Live sketch where people are stuck in an elevator with the Muzak on max volume. We were checking in at 11:00 PM and i kept waiting for someone to jump out and say we were being punked. The decor in the lobby was new wave art. I DO NOT like new wave art type things and it just looked silly to me. The desk clerk was not very pleasant or helpful but that may have been the muzak wearing on his nerves.

The room was okay but the bed was not very comfortable. The next morning, there were tons of people waiting for the shuttle and seeming very upset. Since the airport is basically across the street, I have no idea what was going on but I could tell taking the shuttle would not be a good thing. i would not stay here again.

The nickel and diming is not unique to this hotel so I wanted to give my review first. They charged $10 for parking. Then it is a charge for the internet. Then it is a charge for the bottled water they have all around the room. The night before, I was in another town and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express that was cheaper, had free water, had free internet, had free parking. I do not know why the "nicer" hotels charge for the things that are free at the places that are traditionally lower star places but it is a shameful practice. You would assume it would be more benefits at a higher star hotel but sadly, that is seldom the case.

Dear PaxvilleBoy,

I apologize that your recent stay at the Renaissance was less than perfect. However, I do appreciate your input and I am thankful that you took the time to write a review for our hotel. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please contact me directly.

MA
Reviewed October 18, 2012

They gave us an excellent upgrade. Just had to ask and they were happy to accomodate. Nice breakfast buffet. Rooms clean which is very important to me. Close to airport, shuttle service. Nice stay. Felt safe in hotel area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear flightlady,

Thank you for your pleasant review! I am happy that you felt safe and comfortable in our hotel, and that you were offered an upgrade. Please come to see us next time you are in the area!

Albuquerque
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here as part of a Week long 5 city baseball trip... The staff was super helpful. Hotel is very clean and well take care of. Could not say more about it. Very comfortable room! Was almost like being at home! GO Cubbbbies!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear GabeFranchise,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review for the Renaissance! I hope that your 5-City Baseball Tour went well! Next time you are in St. Louis, please come to see us. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Oxford
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions. The staff are all extraordinary and go out of your way to make you feel at home. The rooms are all very generous, the corridoors plush and stylish and the new bar and restaurants very luxurious. On one occassion there was a problem with my wi fi and I had a handwritten note from the manager dealing with it when it was resolved! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff there and walking into it is like going home! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel again and again and it more than lives up to the high standards you would expect from a Renaissance.

Room Tip: They are all very good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chiplet,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am happy to hear that the Renaissance has become a second home to you. I must apologize once more for the wi-fi issues; I know that problems such as these can be very frustrating. If you ever have any troubles during a stay with us, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!