“Comfortable Clean for Park and Fly”

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed February 16, 2008

We stayed at this hotel the night before a trip overseas. We used the park and fly option. Our travel agent got us a 79 dollar rate! the hotel was very clean and the bed was amazing. NO COMPLAINTS! The shuttle took us to the airport at 430am. only a few minutes away. We will defintely stay here next time we need to fly out of st louis!

Stayed: February 2008

Reviewed February 2, 2008

... but it is still an airport hotel. My room was on the 6th floor facing the airport, and even with the shades pulled you can still hear the planes taking off and landing. Facing the front of the hotel towards Natural Bridge Rd. would have been quieter, though then you'd have a nice view of the neon-signed Hustler Hollywood just across the street.

The room itself was nice, fresh, and recently renovated. While all Marriott-branded hotels are going non-smoking by September, this hotel is already smoke-free.

High-speed Internet is $9.95 per day, though this fee also includes "free" local and long distance calls.

Breakfast at Trattoria, their lobby restaurant was good, albeit slow.

While self-parking is generally $7 per day, the gate to their parking area on the right is broken, so that's where I parked--free.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Dorkydad
Reviewed January 9, 2008

My husband and I stayed here on a park/fly option before a trip. The hotel is very nice, clean and beds are very comfortable. The value was good, also.

The only bad thing I can say and we sure did not see this coming. We planned to utilize the free shuttle at 5 AM. We have done this for years and never shared the ride with more than two or three people. Unfortunately, at 5 AM there were already too many people for one shuttle so we waited for another. The second shuttle came and although we should have been first in line to get on, the others who came after us, shoved their way through to get on before us. We missed a second shuttle and by this time I was worried about missing check in on our international flight. We had to call a cab to get to the airport. I would suggest to the hotel if they have so many park and fly customers to plan ahead with more shuttles or let the customers know so they can plan ahead.

Otherwise, if you are only going to stay, it is a wonderful, clean, smoke-free environment with a lovely setting.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theresa16
Reviewed December 6, 2007

I stayed here in October with the Park & Fly special.

Awesome Hotel. I usually stay at the Marriott St. Louis before I fly out of St. Louis, but this place just as or nicer than the Marriott.

I reserved a Suite. It was great. Huge room with a seperate living area and bedroom, 2 baths, mini bar, and great coffee.

Clean soft bed and great view of the airport.

The only thing I did not like was the restaurant.

GREAT HOTEL.

• Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank scarecrowdean
Reviewed December 2, 2007

My husband and I were very pleased by our stay at the Renaissance. It is beautiful; the rooms had contemporary furnishings, a down comforter, and a granite countertop in the bathroom. It was very clean, as well.

We paid a few dollars more for the "stay for breakfast" package. It was well worth it! Their breakfast buffet is not your run of the mill, cereal and stale donuts breakfast. The buffet had things like eggs, an omlette bar, bacon, sausage, a waffle bar, fresh fruit, etc.

This hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport, and will drop you off right by the St. Louis metro system, which makes it easy to get around town without having to rent a car.

We are now Marriott hotel converts and will look for them whenever we need to stay somewhere overnight.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HelloKittyChick
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Got a great deal at the Renaissance from hotels.com. My plane arrived in St. Louis at 1am, and the shuttle arrived in minutes after a quick phone call. I asked for a 2pm checkout, and my wish was granted without a blink of an eye! The room was spotless and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever been in, with the exception of the synthetic pillows. The room service breakfast was promt and delicious, and the fitness center is one of the best I have ever been to in a hotel at this price. Upon checkout, I had to pick up a rental car at the airport, and the driver took me directly to the car lot rather than dropping me at the shuttle stop in the airport terminal. The only drawback is that there is no free wireless internet in the hotel. Besides that, it was perfect!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank FrankieDoggie
Reviewed November 19, 2007

This is a lovely hotel that is near the airport. The look inside is very contemporary. Staff was very friendly. The room was classily decorated with bed, arm chair, desk ( with high speed internet access for 9.95), in room coffee, TV with keyboard for TV internet, iron/i. board. Anemeties were "spa-like" (made with natural oils and nice scents). Included lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Bed was very comfortable --nice height, and pillow tops. I was so comfortable , that I actually went to sleep way earlier than I am accustomed. There is a Starbucks on the property, and open restaurant there. The breakfast buffet was good! Even had homemade granola on the bar, and you could have an omelet made if you want. Fitness center is really nice-just like going to a health club. Most of the equipments have tv screens attached to the equipment. Loved that. There's also a bench, balls, assortments of weights , a couple of machines, and towels.

Three concerns:
1. Parking was frustrating. There is no visitor parking for those who are just stopping to register. You need to go on the parking lot, and get a ticket, which the will validate after you check in, if you request it. Also, get ready for a possible long walk to the hotel. There are two lots, one on each side of the hotel. If there is a conference or a lot of guests staying, you may have to park around the back of the building or waaaay to the side and trek back to the front. There is a limited amount of disabled parking in the front.

2. No other entrance to the hotel other than the front door. Some hotels, have other entrances that you can enter from the parking lot with your room key. If you are parked at the back or side of the building , there is no entrance there, you have to walk to the front. I can understand it a little because of safety ( plus it is an older building, but doesn't look like it), but it is very inconvenient.

3. If a conference is going on, and you are checking out on a Sunday, be prepared for a long elevator wait. But what I was most concerned with is that me and someother people was waiting for about 20 minutes for an elevator that would accomodate us. After 20 min, we decided to go down the stairs to the lobby. When we went down the stairs, to our dismay and suprise the door was locked! We had many concerns about this. Ironically, we were able to trek back upstairs and reenter through our room floor doors. Once back up, we ran into another person that said that we had to walk ALL THE WAY TO THE BASEMENT to get out. So we all spiit up, half went down the stairwell on one end of the floor, and me an another group went down the other. We went to the basement, and had to go out the back of the buidling and WALK AROUND TO THE FRONT DOOR to get back in. I was not happy about this. The other group, ended up in the hotel kitchen--NOT A GOOD THING. They had to come out of the kitchen doors to get to the lobby!

This is definitely a conference hotel. Wonderful place to hold an event. I would probably only stay if I was with a conference. (But for all the frustration with the parking as a guest, and having to walk so far ( especially with knee problems or asthma) which is stressing, I personally would stay somewhere else ( if I was staying for leisure) that was more convenient and that had other doors that I could come in from the parking lot without having to walk a mile to the front door. That was very aggravating for me.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank Neeneed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
1 mi away
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!