“Best choice for your money!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Millersburg, Ohio
“Best choice for your money!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I found a room on price line for $57 a night. For that price, you can't beat this place. It's honestly one of the nicest hotels i've ever visited. Great service, beautiful rooms, and top notch cleanliness.. very impressed with this Renaissance

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Jrod20,

I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon; we would be happy to have you here again!!

Thanks for taking the time to write us a great review; it is greatly appreciated.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

As a 30+ year St. Louis resident, it is ironic to me that the first time I went to or spent a night at the St. Louis Renaissance Airport Hotel was when I now live out of state.

My wife and I were given a free stay voucher from a charity night event. It said to call and book in advance but we were given it at the last minute. The hotel reservations staff took care of us without any hassles and we got a room and a continental breakfast included.

The 8th floor room was very clean and had a king bed and a view south of the fountain and pool. No complaints about the room at all. Loved it!

The next morning my wife and I went for our continental breakfast. The service staff was super nice and helpful at the restaraunt downstairs .

The dining area was the only place that I could mention needs improvement.

Temperature of the food- the food temp seemed cool and could have been a lot hotter.

Temperature of the dining room- holy cow it was crazy, insane cold. Turn that HVAC down or get it fixed. In fact as a longtime Colorado resident, I thought I was at a ski resort for a moment and that it was going to snow any minute.... I needed a ski jacket and gloves. (and I love cold weather.). My wife left the dining area mid breakfast to go put on a sweater even though it was 90 outside.

Dirty plates, bowls and dining napkins and floor.. Messy buffet area. The dining area was not even that busy but it was dishelveled. The white floor in the food area had recent food stains all over it and needed to be quicklymopped. The buffet area needed some fresh serving utensils and to be wiped down . There were also a number of dishes that had food on them and we had to sort through to find a clean one. Finally, at our table my wife's dining napkin had a giant stain on it and she had to take another from a table next to us.

But the staff were impeccably nice in the entire hotel and went out of their way to ensure all our questions or needs were answered. Your service staff here is your greatest asset! You can tell they all want to do an outstanding job. Just train them more on proper procedures.

Paid parking. We got our parking comped but the more I think about it, the fact that hotel guests have to pay for parking in addition to paying for wifi seems to imply that the hotel is really nickel and diming it's customers to death. I totally agree that if you are not a guest and you park here and catch a shuttle to the airport you should pay a daily parking fee. But if you're a guest, parking should be included, no excuses. Include the fee in the room rate and quit splitting the charge out. Do you charge for trash pickup too?

Wifi - no free wifi at a business hotel like this so close to the airport is unforgivable. In fact I think wifi is about 12.00 per day. That is an unforgivable sin that should banish the general mgr or corporate to hell forever. This should be corrected immediately. Install unlimited and free wifi at this hotel ASAP. Sad, but we stayed at a podunk tourist hotel in Lake of the Ozarks a few days prior and it had free wifi ( out in the middle of nowhere )...

We might stay here again as tourists just because the staff is so nice! But, I would bring a winter coat next time. If I were a business traveler or here for a conference, the lack of free wifi and fees for parking would have me looking elsewhere. Those on company expense accounts probably don't care. They'll just expense it.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear BilinDenver

I am very pleased that you have taken the time to write us a review, and have offered your great advice. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff so we can prevent these issues in the future. In regards to the additional parking and internet fees, please feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience and I would be happy to discuss them with you.

I hope that you will return to the Renaissance, and give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay.

Thank you again for your valuable input.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel is amazing from the lobby all the way to the lounge on the 11th floor. We had an amazing stay here! The bell guys were so nice and willing to drive us anywhere we wanted to go for dinner. (TIP THEM!) They helped with bags and were very nice about it! Very clean, comfortable beds, and awesome views of planes flying in and landing. Very modern and up-to-date! It was right across the street from the airport and I didn't hear one plane land or take off! EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Katie M,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are very pleased with our new renovations, and I am happy that you are as well. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with our bell staff.

Please come back to see us soon, we will be happy to have you with us again!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

A few days before my check-in I had a e-mail that let me request certain things before I even got to the hotel. I requested extra towels. I did not have any extra towels when I got in my room. I also called ahead of time and requested a quiet room, fridge and a microwave and the person I spoke to said none of those would be a problem. I was excited to get to the hotel as I have stayed there before.
Upon check in I was told all the fridges were already spoken for and they didn't even have microwaves for the rooms but I could use the one in the laundry room on the 2nd floor. Because I was told a fridge/mirco wouldn't be a problem I had a cooler packed with perishables which made me a little upset and I don't understand why I was told neither would be a problem but they don't even have microwaves?? I also gave them my tax-exempt papers but was still charged tax and had to go to the front desk on my day of departure which took 20 min. to fix.

However, they gave me a room at the end of the hall (quiet) and I called the front desk once I got to my room and they brought me extra towels. I also requested more coffee which they brought also. I just kept filling my cooler with Ice during my stay.

I love their rooms and their beds are comfortable. Aside from check-in I really enjoyed my stayed!

I would have loved free Wifi but I just tethered from my phone so I was fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear CKC001

I am very sorry to hear about the many complications you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to pass this info along to my team so that we can prevent these errors in the future. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance. We greatly appreciate your input! I hope that you will come to stay with us in the future, in order to give us the opportunity to correct the issues mentioned in your review.

Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I've stayed at this Renaissance a couple of times (I keep coming back, so it would be silly of me to give them a bad review!), and there are just a few things they need to repair to get to the next level - in this case, a fifth green-filled circle!

When I checked in, the front desk staff was exceptional. My clerk was fabulous - enthusiastic, smart and fun. Self-parking is $10 a day...ugh...but it's secure.

The rooms have very nice views, but the rooms could use a little updating. They're not bad, but a little dated. Here were my issues: 1) Only one each of caffeinated and decaf coffees in the signature Marriott coffee case. You have to put two of each in there. 2) No notepads or pens in the room. C'mon - really? I slept at a Fairfield Inn a couple of nights ago, and they had notepads and pens. 3) I was down to the yellow facial tissues, so I anticipated the box would be replaced. Well, it was removed and not replaced. So, day 2, no kleenex. Also, my one-use shower and skin soaps were removed and replaced with only one bar for both. C'mon, man. 3) I was planning to head to the gym, so I looked for the guest services booklet in the room. There wasn't one. Although, I didn't look under the bed.

Look, I love Renaissance hotels, but for someone who spends 150+ nights a year in hotels, I expect some basic items to be present. And they weren't.

All in all, this is a beautiful hotel with very good service. With a little more oversight, it could be excellent. But, I'll be back when I'm in STL.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad one!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cheesehead7
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Cheesehead7,

Thank you very much for your input, and for taking the time to write a review for us! It seems that most of these issues are housekeeping related, and I will be sure to notify our staff of your concerns.

Also, I would like to add that we serve Starbucks coffee at our bar in the mornings. But if you would like to brew your own, our staff would be happy to supply you with more during your next stay.

Please come see us again soon!

California
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My daughter and I arrived in the late evening after a long day of international travel. The free shuttle was waiting at the door at the airport. It also took us to the rental car place in the morning. The friendly, welcoming person at the reception desk was much appreciated. When we got to our room, we immediately ordered room service since we were really hungry. The food arrived promptly, delivered by a very nice staff person. I ordered a Cobb Salad and my daughter the BLT. All were excellent! We found the food at breakfast to also be of excellent quality, nicely cooked, with a wide selection of items on the breakfast buffet. The beds were very comfortable. The recently renovated lobby and restaurant are attractive and inviting. The lobby has been divided into smaller, more intimate spaces with comfortable seating for individuals or small groups of people. I would say that the friendly, helpful staff are one of this hotel's greatest assets. The price was so reasonable for such nice accommodations. We will definitely be staying here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear TrixieTraveler,

I am very please to hear about your stay! It makes me very happy that you enjoyed our wonderful staff – shuttle drivers, front desk, and food service. Our lobby was recently renovated, so we love to here the comments about our new look. I hope that you and your daughter come to stay with us again soon. We will be very happy to have you with us again!

Near Topeka
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This modern hotel was nice, but I was disappointed in the lack of things to do nearby- especially within walking distance. I was also somewhat frustrated with the parking- there is definitely not enough for the size of the space. I was also surprised that there was a charge for internet in the rooms. Free wi-fi was available near the front lobby, but not really where I wanted to work.

Room Tip: My kids loved having a room on the NW side of the hotel so they could watch the planes take off and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EMSchick312
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear EMSchick312

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel. We always appreciate guest input. I am especially happy to hear that your children enjoyed the room while watching planes take off. I will be sure to inform my team about your internet and parking concerns. I agree that there is not much to do within walking distance, being as we are an airport property. However, there are many neat attractions in the St. Louis area such as the Arch, the Botanical Gardens, and our Zoo – which can all be reached by a short car ride. I hope that you return to stay with us in the future, and are able to see all that St. Louis has to offer.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!