“New Lobby Area is Beautiful!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
“New Lobby Area is Beautiful!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I almost always stay at this hotel when I'm in St. Louis as it's near the airport, and close to everything that I need in the West County area. The recent remodel of the lobby area really brings this hotel up to date. I am always greeted warmly and the staff is always helpful. They also have a really nice park and fly program, requiring a one night stay, that is really nice when getting away for a long weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Mbyford,

We are so happy you have had the opportunity to experience our beautiful, new lobby. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our friendly staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Hotel was big had indoor hot tun and pool was great got on big tv in room only negative is restraunt it is overpriced bell man was very polite and opened door

• Stayed February 2012
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Stevenjp314,

Thank you for the review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. I am glad to hear you enjoyed several of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Perhaps I was expecting a comparale experience, having recently stayed at the Marriott downtown in Mpls, where the whole place seemed to welcome you warmly. In a word, I'd say this one in St. Louis was "blah." I had reserved a room that included a full breakfast but was not offered the coupon or whatever to get it. As it turned out it didn't matter since I used the concierge lounge instead. The first night's room was on the end, so I heard the roar of every plane land at the nearby airport. I put the temp gauge up to 80 and it never did get warm and the unit fan was noisy. The bed was a brick. They offered me a different room for the remainder of my stay which was quieter and the bed and pillows more comfortable. I just felt like such an inconvenience to them. Several times there was no one at the reception desk when coming or going, or they had their backs turned working on machines behind the desk. As a Marriott gold member, I had a room on the club level, but they were very ordinary. They have cube clock radios in the room that takes a master's degree to learn how to run, and one night I just wanted a little soft music off the pre-set channels and none were tuned. The amenities in the concierge lounge were nice, and the gm is well-equipped. I had lunch in the dining room (a makeshift area of a ballroom during the renovation ) and found it comparable to airport food. The location is very convenient to the airport, but there is NOTHING decent nearby for meals except Denny's and the like. It's right across from "Hustler Hollywood" which is lit up with bright neon lights (use your imagination for what goes on there.) Excellent if you need a quick escape to the airport. Glad other people found it enjoyable; it was fairly uninspiring for me.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the middle are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelTeam4985
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear LoriFun-BabyBoy,

I am disappointed to hear about your recent experience at the Renaissance. The level of service we hold ourselves to is not at all what you received and for this I apologize. I appreciate your comments and we are always using guest feedback as a way to improve. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please feel free to contact me directly.

Cedar Rapids
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I generally fly from St. Louis and have stayed at several hotels in the area including Westport utilizing their park and fly. This location had by far the fastest pick up once we arrived at midnight on a Saturday night (1/14/12) and for that reason will stay here again. I actually am not usually a Renaissance type of person (a little too high class as I generally like Doubletrees or even Holiday Inns) and it definitely felt that way as in order to get a wheelchair to take my friend to her room, we had to use the bellboy and of course tip.

We only used the room to sleep from about 1 AM to 8 AM so not a lot to say about the room. I loved the Aveda shampoo in the room as I had not ever used it before.

I intend to stay here again using park and fly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear scaddenkim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. I'm glad you found our location and shuttle service to be very convenient and intend to stay with us again. We look forward to having you!

rochester, il
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I will admit that the construction puts a kink in check-in, but the receptionist was pleasant and noted it was our 25th anniversary. Then to our surprise, room service arrived with a scrumptious piece of chocolate layer cake along with a card signed by multiple staff. The room was comfy, clean, and shuttles ran 24 hours. Stayed here for park and fly before our trip. Shuttle driver dropped us off at our van.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toering1
Dear toering1,

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance before flying out for your 25th anniversary! I hope you had a great time on your vacation and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is now my hotel anytime I need to stay near the airport.

So I booked a park and fly rate and need to fly and park first then stay later, so a reverse park and fly. Emailed Alex (manager) who promptly replied and was very accommodating to my request. I have stayed 4 times in the last 3 months so I had also requested a lounge floor level room if available. Upon return of my 8 day trip, Alex was at the reception to greet me (9pm), gave me my exit pass for my car so I wouldn't have to stop by in the morning, and accommodated by club level request. The praise doesn't stop there. Since the lounge closed in about 10 minutes, I rushed on up to get my daughter, wife and mother-in-law some refreshments. Branden, was just about to close the lounge, and I asked if he would min staying open a few minutes late, so I could return to pour me a much needed cognac. He said he would still be cleaning up and would leave the bar open. I delivered the refreshments to the girls and returned to the lounge. Brandon then offers to go and warm my glass up for my cognac. I mean....that IS service!! He also mentioned that he may request having sniffer glasses with warmers available for the futurure.

I do not want to forget to mention Sandy who was at the front desk and called up to make sure our room was satisfactory, or the shuttle driver and bell man who helped us with our 6 bags plus stroller and car seat.

If I don't have a single complain, some of you will think I work for the hotel, and no I don't. The hotel is under renovation, so the restaurant and reception have been temporarily moved. So we went down for the breakfast buffet, which was quite the distance in a small crowded room, but they had no meat items and such a limited spread. That was the only disappointment of my whole experience.

I have been staying at this hotel for years and have seen a significant improvement in the last 3 years. I heard new management took over 5 years ago and they have ally taken the initiative to update this wonderful building. Kudos.

See you soon and thanks again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear trying_the_world,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It’s great to hear we are your hotel of choice in the St. Louis area. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the hotel ambassadors you mentioned and the rest of the team. We look forward to you and your family staying with us again!

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Guess the construction explains the awesome deal we got.

Due to construction, being dropped off when checking in was inconvenient. Staff were friendly.Also, the check-in/out desk is quite small so would have been very slow if others had arrived at the desk at the same time. Restaurant is relocated during renovation, but food was good. Room was clean and comfortable.

The bellman offered to turn in our wakeup call for 4am, but must have forgotten. Luckily, we'd set the alarm in the room. Would have been very upset if we'd missed our flight.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear PDC2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. I apologize for any inconvenience the construction may have caused but am happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and comfortable rooms. I hope you visit again so you are able to experience our brand new, beautiful lobby when it's completed!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!