“Cleanliness and safety problems”

Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed December 24, 2009

The gave me a downstairs room as requested. That was good.
I always check that the window locks. It didn't lock. I actually fix it so it would lock and I could feel safe.
The coffee pot had an old moldy coffee packet in it, so I didn't fee good about making coffee.
The toilet had mold around the inside of the bowl. Noticed that when I was taking a bath.
There wasn't any kleenex or tissues in my room or any other place that I could find. I had to use toilet paper to blow my nose.
The complimentary breakfast sign said they served from 6:00 am to 8:00. At 7:04, I went into the lobby for breakfast and there was nothing there. She finally began bringing things out. Two kinds of cereal, watered down coffee, three bagels and 6 mini muffins. There was milk and orange juice too.

The bed was comfy and I slept well, but it would be nice if they would provide tissues and pay more attention to cleanliness. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room next door had the TV incredibly loud, but that wasn't their fault.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed November 8, 2009

Reasonable cost, safe area. Bed extremely uncomfortable, no hot water and no fridge or microwave in room. Breakfast basic, but adequete. Hairdryer did not work.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Was a little hesitant because of the location but it turned out great. Very near to Lambert - had a rental car. Easy check in and out. Clean and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I've just checked into this Super 8. It's basic (as you'd expect) but clean and tidy. Nice staff at check in and the room's a good size. There's even tea in the room as well as coffee. And it's got free wifi and HBO. An absolute bargain and more than adequate for my needs (I've got an early flight tomorrow morning).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank aliceathome
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My sister ,mom and and I stayed three nights there. We were very surprised, The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a nice size. The carpets needed to be cleaned but otherwise clean and nice. I would stay there again and would also recommend to my friends. Great Value for the price !!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I booked this hotel because it was cheap and close to the airport. Just needed a few hours sleep before an early flight. I've had a bad experience with hotels in St. Louis, so I was dreading going in.
I was surprised! The lobby is very small, but clean. Not much of a breakfast area, but I didn't use it, so I'm not sure of the selection.
The room (2 queen beds) was clean, and larger than I expected. Fridge, microwave, a small table and chairs, and free wireless internet -along with the clean room makes this hotel a great bargain.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2008

This is a standard Super 8 hotel... so don't stay here expecting a four diamond place.

That said, it was a nice clean place to spend the night before I flew out of the St. Louis airport early in the morning. My room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. They helped me find a certain restaurant that was close by.

For the price... great location and nice place to lay your head.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Florissant
#10 of 18 in Maryland Heights
2 mi away
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Super 8 St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!