“Nice staff - Average roome - Wifi service is awful”

Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Brattleboro
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Awful! Horrible! Terrible! I used Hotwire to book a room for two, but my bad, Hotwire does not allow you to specify bed assignments/specifics and I was traveling in a party of 2, my companion a platonic male friend, the reservation defaulted to a single king bed, we needed doubles, they charge $25 extra, making this no longer a good value for the money. They were cold and unsympathetic, very unaccommodating, not very hospitable for a hotel. They wouldn't let me borrow a pair or sizzors to take to the room, no extra pillows or blankets, when the hotel wasn't nearly full. Rude! In a bad neighborhood too! Not near anything of interest.

Room Tip: Keep looking. Stay some place else. Or otherwise, have low standards and expect poor service with an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Springfield
Reviewed April 5, 2013

customer service Very Poor
No TV they said they would fix it but I refused
coffee pot had large amount of ???Crap in the back water conpartment, she said I could get a new one but I refused
Lobby smelled like cig smoke

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Jeffrey G
Pueblo West, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The St. Charles Rock Road Super 8 in St. Louis, MO was smoke filled, just walking into the place. The carpet was very dirty in the hallway. My room was non-smoking, and thankfully didn't stink like the lobby. The room looked clean and was pretty uneventful. The bathroom looked clean. I would give the room by itself a 3, but with the terrible other bad things about it, only one star. My email got hacked while I was there too. I didn't get any breakfast because I didn't feel safe outside of my room. Carry a weapon! Do not check your email in this motel. Do not venture outside of your room. Don't carry much cash. Room is pretty dark with dark blankets. Sheets looked clean, but I still checked for bedbugs. Didn't find any. If you review, tell what place you are reviewing about in the text, Otherwise it could be any Super 8 around the country. I hate to negatively affect a good hotel.

Room Tip: Try to find a better area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stay away from this place. We accidentally booked this place when we drove through the city, trying to find a simple, but decent place to rest.
The front desk clerk is rude and incompetent. She gave us a key for a room, but then shouted at us to move to another room, or we had to pay extra to stay. It was impossible to talk to her. After hours of driving, it is horrible to face this unpleasant situation.
We were trapped, however, because there was no way to get refund.
No more!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
North Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 3, 2013

OMG, this is the worst motel ever. The front desk lady can't speak english, She is extremely rude if you ask her for any extra towels.
WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a crap place, smells bad, breakfast food was expired and moldy.

THE WORST PART WAS, THIS PLACE HAS BED BUGS, MY ENTIRE FAMILY AND I HAVE BITES EVERY WHERE. pLEASE OF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOURSELF FROM PAIN...
DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL...OMG I HAVE BITES ON MY LEGS TO MY FACE. THEY NEED TO CLOSE THE PLASE DOWN!!!!!

STAY WAY

the motel is owned by some India lady, if you look at her, she looks like some giant dust might that you find under your bed has all the crap under your bed in bundle, and planted that on her head and call it hair. She smelled, body oder will knock you out. if the motel doesn't kill you first

Im putting pictures of the bites my family and i got, and the live bed bug we found under the bed sheets, take a look please and dont ever stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rick C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center

Been to Super 8 St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!