“good hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
San Francisco, California
“good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was very skeptical when I went to quality in for my stay. My flight was cancelled and I wanted a place which provided shuttle and was not that expensive. The cheapest hotel with shuttle services was quality inn. I had seen some bad reviews on trip-advisor so I was kind of dubious. The shuttle picked me up from the airport in 15 minutes. Since I am in the army I was given a 15percent discount which was a plus point. The front desk was very helpful—since they did not have an elevator- he helped me carry my 7 bags up the stair which was very generous and refused to take my tip money. Though the outer view of the hotel is alright- once you get it in you are in for a surprise. The lobby looked very good and was I was very happy. The room was very nice and comfortable. For the price I paid I was pleasantly happy with my room. My wakeup call was on time and I was ready for the breakfast at golden pancake restaurant. Let me tell you the breakfast was really good—it was a hot breakfast and very delicious. Again my flight was delayed by couple of hours and I requested for a late checkout—was given without extra charges.

I was very satisfied with my stay. The hotel was nothing like I read on the reviews--- should really work on the landscape outside which will really help the first impression of the hotel. The staff told me they will be working on that this summer—so all the best to them. I will be staying on quality inn when I come back this summer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sasha c
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest:

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. Second, on behalf of Quality Inn, I would like to say ‘thank you” and express my sincere appreciation for your stay with us.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us at Quality Inn. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Patrick P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've stayed at this Quality Inn three times now when flying out of St Louis Lambert. The rooms seemed to have been updated this last time and definitely cleaner than in the past. One of the great things for me is their car rental room plans. I can spend the night and pay for the extra car rental much cheaper than leaving the car in one of the other offsite parking spots. When I fly back in, I just call the Quality Inn front desk number. And they quickly send out their shuttle bus to pick me up. Overall an economical way to fly out of STL if you don't live in St Louis.

Anger than
Now

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bairdfarmer
Patrickpa, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Quality Inn and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly, and we hope we have the chance to see you again at Quality Inn the next time you are in Saint Louis. Thank you.

Quality Inn Management
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our room was clean. The night before checking out to fly out signed up for the shuttle to the airport so we could return our rental car that evening and not worry with it the next morning. Was extremely disappointed the next morning for the lack of organization on the shuttle. Be warned they rent out parking places for people to park and ride to the airport and give no priority whatsoever to guest that paid to stay in their establishment even if they keep a "list". Had an entire load of non-guest jump in front for the shuttle and had to wait for another shuttle cutting it a little close for our flight. If you want to stay just for the area and not the airport aspect then it will do in a pinch otherwise skip it and check out some in the close area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that our shuttle did not meet your expectations. We will review with our Management team to ensure there is a proper guideline in place, so that others do not encounter the same problem as you did. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Columbus, Ohio, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stale cigarette smoke throughout entire hallway, ice machine area had linoleum tiles peeled off & walls were dirty, toilet clogged after first flush, didn't feel comfortable walking in barefeet in our room. Would never recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir/ Madam:

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read about your negative impressions and would like to ensure you that the service you describe does not correspond with our standards. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and accommodations at competitive rates. We do hope you give us another opportunity in the future to make it right for you. Thank you.

Patrick Pathak

Travelers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Quality Inn is an economical way to spend a night at a hotel, but don't expect a lot. Our room was clean, but showing its age. The breakfast provided was for a pre-set meal at the neighboring pancake restaurant.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 5_Frosts
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had courteous service. The room was clean and well-appointed. Wi-fi very good. Although very near the airport, we had a quiet night and slept well.

The Park and Fly deal is a good one. Make sure you make that part of your reservation, or at least, when you check in, tell the desk clerk you intend to leave the car there, use the shuttle, and get the Park and Fly rate. The airport shuttle is a very good service.

Our room had problems with the tub/shower faucet/lever. It was difficult to pull up the shower knob and the on/off lever came off in my hand.

The Golden Pancake breakfast next door is a full, hot breakfast--no substitutes for scrambled egg, 2 medium pancakes, 2 link sausage, 2 pieces of ham (about 1/2 a round ham slice), and coffee.

Sr. rate and Park and Fly rate are very good for this area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

spokane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Location is great next to the airport with a free shuttle. Breakfast is at the Golden Pancake next door - good food although no choice (you get eggs, coffee, ham and sausage, no substitutions). Bed is reasonably comfortable. But inside, the rooms are old, dingy, rundown and less than clean. Lots of damage to paint, bathroom, etc. Really needs a makeover. First room had a clogged toilet that flooded the bathroom - staff did provide a new room. A/C unit is pretty loud and there can be a lot of noise from outside - request room in the back. About 20 minutes to downtown.

Room Tip: get room in back away from the airport and traffic noise