“A relaxing refuge from bitter weather”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Fantastic!!! My family was forced to take refuge here during a recent ice storm. The hotel was booked up with locals like ourselves, who had lost power due to downed electrical wires. We were a harried bunch, but the staff made the best of it. Our room was extremely comfotable. Ample space, and the Pacific Coast down comforters on the bed were a nice touch. Our room did not have high-speed internet as we had been promised, but when I brought this to the attention of the front desk they gave me a discount on my room rate. As I sat in the lobby and completed work, I observed the staff handle several customer inquiries and complaints. The staff was extremely professional, and had a hustle to their step. They empathized with the guests and worked to "make it right". The following morning the power went out, but this was not the hotel's fault, it was just more bad weather. We were forced to check out and find another room in order to keep my daughter warm (she was battling a bad cold). Had the power stayed on, I would have stayed here for another night in a heartbeat. The only issue I had was that the hallway carpets were a little worn for the wear, but other than that the hotel appearance was fine. I would gladly stay at this hotel again, if need be, and I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 9, 2006

I booked two rooms at the Comfort Inn at the last minute, mostly because it was one of the few places with rooms available near the St. Louis airport on short notice. I was very hesitant because the cost was so much less than other hotels I had been looking at. What a great surprise! The rooms were very comfortable, wonderful beds and very nice staff. It turned out to be a great overnight stay. I saved their card because I will definately check them first , next time we are in St. louis.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MissDarlin
Reviewed September 10, 2006

My husband & I stayed two nights at the hotel. When we checked in, we realized we only had down pillows in our room. We called to have a poly-fiber filled pillow sent up since I am allergic to down. At that point, we found out the hotel does not have any down pillows in the hotel at all. We were very upset, as I know several people that are allergic to down. Considering the late time (we checked in at 1 AM), we opted to call down and talk to someone during the day shift.
After going through the front desk, housekeeping, etc. we finally had the general manager call us. The GM proceeded to tell my husband there was nothing he was going to do as this is the first time he had ever heard of anyone ever being allergic to down. There is no mention of transfering us to another Choice Hotel (multiple in the area) there is no mention of discounting our room because I am unable to sleep, and the rudeness that came from that GM certified that I will never again stay at any Choice Hotels. After sitting in disbelief for minutes, the GM called back and offered a foam travel pillow they found in lost and found. After that, he told us to call Expedia to deal with them. We had booked our hotel through Hotels.com. The good news is that hotels.com took care of us. They refunded a portion of the room charge, told us of the closest place to get a pillow, and did what they could to help us.

Just know - from what I have found out, all choice hotels are now going to an all-down pillow establish. The funny thing is that they are not even hypo-allergenic down. So, if you are staying at this hotel, take your own pillow if you don't like down. If there is anything that is wrong with your room, don't deal with the staff, they won't do anything. They will just tell you to call the people you didn't book your hotel through.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank kriscakes
Reviewed July 23, 2006

This hotel was a great find. It was close to the airport with free shuttle that ran frequently. The breakfast was average for a choice hotel.
Rooms have just been refurnished and in great shape!!

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Boo1
A TripAdvisor Member
Minot, ND
Reviewed June 1, 2006

A friend and I flew into St. Louis for a ballgame and the Comfort Inn Airport was the best looking hotel out there......both quality and price! We arrived early and the front desk clerks let us store our luggage since check-in was not til 3pm. The hotel looked clean and the staff was friendly, as were the shuttle drivers. After returning from a long day of baseball and Union Station, we checked in to our room, which was nice and the bed was even better. The bed was soft and had lots of pillows on it. Another nice thing about the location was that there were several fastfood options within a short walking distance. Also the "make you own waffle" station was a treat for breakfast as well. We did not use any of the other amenties due to the short stay, but I do plan on using this hotel again for my next visit in August.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I drove for an hour trying to find this place. That may sound dumb but it is on a street that only has an exit going south bound on I-70. You'll never find it exiting the northbound. Oy!

The clerks couldn't give us directions and we talked to two. Once we finally arrived the desk clerk was caddy about the whole thing. It made me a little mad.

The hotel was well kept and clean. The room and beds were fine. The price was good but I got special pricing through Southwest Airlines. The fellow I traveled with works for them.

The night we stayed the electricity went out. I don't think it was the hotel's problem. Other businesses were effected that night.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed April 17, 2006

For a Comfort Inn it was fabulous. Very posh and upscale with very affordable prices. If I had to stay in St. Louis for an extended stay I would definately come here again. Only downside was that the pool was not heated.

• Stayed: March 2006