“Hated the Customer service!!! Watch out for the down pillows.”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed September 10, 2006

My husband & I stayed two nights at the hotel. When we checked in, we realized we only had down pillows in our room. We called to have a poly-fiber filled pillow sent up since I am allergic to down. At that point, we found out the hotel does not have any down pillows in the hotel at all. We were very upset, as I know several people that are allergic to down. Considering the late time (we checked in at 1 AM), we opted to call down and talk to someone during the day shift.
After going through the front desk, housekeeping, etc. we finally had the general manager call us. The GM proceeded to tell my husband there was nothing he was going to do as this is the first time he had ever heard of anyone ever being allergic to down. There is no mention of transfering us to another Choice Hotel (multiple in the area) there is no mention of discounting our room because I am unable to sleep, and the rudeness that came from that GM certified that I will never again stay at any Choice Hotels. After sitting in disbelief for minutes, the GM called back and offered a foam travel pillow they found in lost and found. After that, he told us to call Expedia to deal with them. We had booked our hotel through Hotels.com. The good news is that hotels.com took care of us. They refunded a portion of the room charge, told us of the closest place to get a pillow, and did what they could to help us.

Just know - from what I have found out, all choice hotels are now going to an all-down pillow establish. The funny thing is that they are not even hypo-allergenic down. So, if you are staying at this hotel, take your own pillow if you don't like down. If there is anything that is wrong with your room, don't deal with the staff, they won't do anything. They will just tell you to call the people you didn't book your hotel through.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank kriscakes

Reviewed July 23, 2006

This hotel was a great find. It was close to the airport with free shuttle that ran frequently. The breakfast was average for a choice hotel.
Rooms have just been refurnished and in great shape!!

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Boo1
A TripAdvisor Member
Minot, ND
Reviewed June 1, 2006

A friend and I flew into St. Louis for a ballgame and the Comfort Inn Airport was the best looking hotel out there......both quality and price! We arrived early and the front desk clerks let us store our luggage since check-in was not til 3pm. The hotel looked clean and the staff was friendly, as were the shuttle drivers. After returning from a long day of baseball and Union Station, we checked in to our room, which was nice and the bed was even better. The bed was soft and had lots of pillows on it. Another nice thing about the location was that there were several fastfood options within a short walking distance. Also the "make you own waffle" station was a treat for breakfast as well. We did not use any of the other amenties due to the short stay, but I do plan on using this hotel again for my next visit in August.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I drove for an hour trying to find this place. That may sound dumb but it is on a street that only has an exit going south bound on I-70. You'll never find it exiting the northbound. Oy!

The clerks couldn't give us directions and we talked to two. Once we finally arrived the desk clerk was caddy about the whole thing. It made me a little mad.

The hotel was well kept and clean. The room and beds were fine. The price was good but I got special pricing through Southwest Airlines. The fellow I traveled with works for them.

The night we stayed the electricity went out. I don't think it was the hotel's problem. Other businesses were effected that night.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed April 17, 2006

For a Comfort Inn it was fabulous. Very posh and upscale with very affordable prices. If I had to stay in St. Louis for an extended stay I would definately come here again. Only downside was that the pool was not heated.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank chefgraves
Reviewed April 17, 2006

We were very happy with our room, particularly after our experience with another St. Louis airport hotel that was horrible.

However, we did find the restaurant staff lackadaisical, and the pool looked beautiful my son was bitterly dissappointed because it was "temporarily closed because of a chemical imbalance" for our entire stay.

If you just need a clean, decent place to sleep before or after a flight, this is the place for you, but don't count on any extras. Also, if you don't have transportation, there aren't many places to eat within walking distance except for a couple of fast food places.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank vitaminT
A TripAdvisor Member
Louisville, KY
Reviewed April 11, 2006

Disappointment!
This hotel has recently turned into a Comfort Inn. Our family stayed here while I was on business in St. Louis. We chose this hotel because they advertised a game room, indoor pool, fitness center and restaurant on site. The "game room" consisted of 2 video games and an air hockey table. The pool was indoor but not heated and so cold we couldn't swim in it. I didn't visit the fitness center, but my husband said it was a joke as well. When we tried to eat at the restaurant on a Friday evening, no one could find the cook or the server so the front desk person eventually told us they were closed. Our room was dirty with stained wallpaper and the carpet so worn that the tacks were sticking out! They also advertised free internet service, but each time we tried to log on, we were told that their server was “down.”

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Berkeley hotels
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
St. Louis Travelodge
St. Louis Travelodge
#7 of 12 in Berkeley

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Inn

Address: 9600 Natural Bridge Rd, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134-3110 (Formerly Ramada St. Louis Airport)
Location: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Berkeley
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Price Range: $125 - $200 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Airport Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Airport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport & Conference Center St Louis Hotel Berkeley