“Great stay!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
memphis, tn
“Great stay!”
Reviewed July 23, 2006

This hotel was a great find. It was close to the airport with free shuttle that ran frequently. The breakfast was average for a choice hotel.
Rooms have just been refurnished and in great shape!!

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Boo1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2006

A friend and I flew into St. Louis for a ballgame and the Comfort Inn Airport was the best looking hotel out there......both quality and price! We arrived early and the front desk clerks let us store our luggage since check-in was not til 3pm. The hotel looked clean and the staff was friendly, as were the shuttle drivers. After returning from a long day of baseball and Union Station, we checked in to our room, which was nice and the bed was even better. The bed was soft and had lots of pillows on it. Another nice thing about the location was that there were several fastfood options within a short walking distance. Also the "make you own waffle" station was a treat for breakfast as well. We did not use any of the other amenties due to the short stay, but I do plan on using this hotel again for my next visit in August.

• Stayed May 2006
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I drove for an hour trying to find this place. That may sound dumb but it is on a street that only has an exit going south bound on I-70. You'll never find it exiting the northbound. Oy!

The clerks couldn't give us directions and we talked to two. Once we finally arrived the desk clerk was caddy about the whole thing. It made me a little mad.

The hotel was well kept and clean. The room and beds were fine. The price was good but I got special pricing through Southwest Airlines. The fellow I traveled with works for them.

The night we stayed the electricity went out. I don't think it was the hotel's problem. Other businesses were effected that night.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank Steve S
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 17, 2006

For a Comfort Inn it was fabulous. Very posh and upscale with very affordable prices. If I had to stay in St. Louis for an extended stay I would definately come here again. Only downside was that the pool was not heated.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank chefgraves
Seattle
Reviewed April 17, 2006

We were very happy with our room, particularly after our experience with another St. Louis airport hotel that was horrible.

However, we did find the restaurant staff lackadaisical, and the pool looked beautiful my son was bitterly dissappointed because it was "temporarily closed because of a chemical imbalance" for our entire stay.

If you just need a clean, decent place to sleep before or after a flight, this is the place for you, but don't count on any extras. Also, if you don't have transportation, there aren't many places to eat within walking distance except for a couple of fast food places.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank vitaminT
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2006

Disappointment!
This hotel has recently turned into a Comfort Inn. Our family stayed here while I was on business in St. Louis. We chose this hotel because they advertised a game room, indoor pool, fitness center and restaurant on site. The "game room" consisted of 2 video games and an air hockey table. The pool was indoor but not heated and so cold we couldn't swim in it. I didn't visit the fitness center, but my husband said it was a joke as well. When we tried to eat at the restaurant on a Friday evening, no one could find the cook or the server so the front desk person eventually told us they were closed. Our room was dirty with stained wallpaper and the carpet so worn that the tacks were sticking out! They also advertised free internet service, but each time we tried to log on, we were told that their server was “down.”

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed April 1, 2006

This is a nice hotel, and if you want to stay outside the city, a nice location. I found the room clean, comfortable, and up-to-date. However, there were substantial infrastructure problems, namely no hot water and no wake up call. (The latter was a function of failing to reset the clock for daylight savings time, which they blamed on "the system", and they had no idea why there was no hot water.)

This was exascerbated by staff untrained to address customer complaints about such elemental problems. Staff was nonresponsive to calls, didn't do what they said they'd do, and had to be made (by me) to do the right thing, which they sort of did: After much hesitation and consultation with the manager-on-duty, the desk clerk gave me two options: (1) a free buffet breakfast, (2) the phone number of the general manager, whom I would have to chase down later after I'd departed to "possibly" get comped a night's stay. I chose the former because the latter foisted all the costs, hassles, and uncertainty on my shoulders.

While I'm far less negative than some of the earlier reviews in terms of the actual room (although I stayed only one night and did not use the phone or the internet), I agree that this hotel has significant management problems.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank Y7209LKAnon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!