“Disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2006

Disappointment!
This hotel has recently turned into a Comfort Inn. Our family stayed here while I was on business in St. Louis. We chose this hotel because they advertised a game room, indoor pool, fitness center and restaurant on site. The "game room" consisted of 2 video games and an air hockey table. The pool was indoor but not heated and so cold we couldn't swim in it. I didn't visit the fitness center, but my husband said it was a joke as well. When we tried to eat at the restaurant on a Friday evening, no one could find the cook or the server so the front desk person eventually told us they were closed. Our room was dirty with stained wallpaper and the carpet so worn that the tacks were sticking out! They also advertised free internet service, but each time we tried to log on, we were told that their server was “down.”

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2006

This is a nice hotel, and if you want to stay outside the city, a nice location. I found the room clean, comfortable, and up-to-date. However, there were substantial infrastructure problems, namely no hot water and no wake up call. (The latter was a function of failing to reset the clock for daylight savings time, which they blamed on "the system", and they had no idea why there was no hot water.)

This was exascerbated by staff untrained to address customer complaints about such elemental problems. Staff was nonresponsive to calls, didn't do what they said they'd do, and had to be made (by me) to do the right thing, which they sort of did: After much hesitation and consultation with the manager-on-duty, the desk clerk gave me two options: (1) a free buffet breakfast, (2) the phone number of the general manager, whom I would have to chase down later after I'd departed to "possibly" get comped a night's stay. I chose the former because the latter foisted all the costs, hassles, and uncertainty on my shoulders.

While I'm far less negative than some of the earlier reviews in terms of the actual room (although I stayed only one night and did not use the phone or the internet), I agree that this hotel has significant management problems.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Y7209LKAnon

Travelers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
#2 of 2 in Woodson Terrace
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Inn

Property: Airport Inn
Address: 9600 Natural Bridge Rd, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134-3110 (Formerly Ramada St. Louis Airport)
Location: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Berkeley
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Airport Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Airport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport And Conference Center St Louis