WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Westfield, Indiana
“In Renovation, but for how long?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

In 6 nights, I was in 3 rooms. First room, toilet tank leaked. Second room also had a problem. Finally got to third room. I understand that the new owner is trying to get it right, but I'd be a little leary. It needs a good update top-bottom and that is his plan, but hopefully, he doesn't take too long. Pool needs revamped since there are broken parts in the top of the cover. Will I go back? Well I'm in St. Louis at least 4 times a year and I'll be checking to see when they get the repairs/renovations done. We'll see...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We really enjoyed the ease of staying here, it was a nice property, no airport noise and very handy with the shuttle and all. I booked on the internet (using an advance booking rate) and when I called the hotel after I booked to verify reservation I asked if that included the park and fly and was told "yes, free parking for up to 7 nites is automatically included". When I returned home I noticed a $35.00 charge on my credit card. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager (he was awful and beyond RUDE!!!!) and he told me parking was not included with the internet rate. I explained that no where on our confirmation did it say that it WASN'T included and I had even confirmed that it was included after the reservation was made and then again upon check in. I then called corporate who did not offer any type of a resolution (I am even a "Choice Privileges Member"). I ended up paying more for the internet rate plus parking than if I had just booked using the regular rate. It's a shame because this was an easy solution for early flights and parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KittyandFelix
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here one night before an early morning flight out of St. Louis airport and took advantage of their park and fly deal. The lobby is very nice, clean, and we'll lit. The lobby bar was fun and had good drinks and service as we were the only group there. Our room seemed a bit dated but clean and comfortable with a king bed and love seat sitting area. The bathroom was large with the shower/toilet area seperate from the vanity and a huge closet. We were awakened promptly by our wake up call and took their shuttle service to the airport. The driver was prompt and helpful. Upon our return the shuttle picked us up within 30 min of our call and delivered is back to our car which was waiting in the hotel lobby. We would definitely stay here and use the park and fly option again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel overall service is acceptable, coin laundry and all other hotel facilities are good. Only that I waited at the STL airport for over an hour for their shuttle service, they claimed bus travel back and forth every 30 mins, but I can never see one and I had to call 3 times to the hotel and finally find one after 70 mins of wait.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is very convenient for airport access. However, it is quite outdated and needs new carpeting and furniture in the rooms. The sofa was broken down. They are doing lobby renovations so maybe the room interiors are planned. The staff is nice and helpful and the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Got to the first room and found a dirty bed and a wet floor by the table. The front desk staff was great and moved use right a way. Got to the new room and found it was much better but the sofa sleeper was broken and the furniture was well used and abused. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The carpet in the entire hotel was very worn out an coming up all over the hallways. But the staff was very helpfull and nice.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel.We drove from florida to visit our family in st.louis .Overall the hotel is clean,great staff and like the pool.Will suggest for the location,24 hr shuttle and the price.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors