“DO NOT STAY HERE! THEY ARE SO RUDE AND LIE!!!!”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed March 13, 2008

We stayed at this horrific hotel for the Missouri Valley Basketball Conference. DO NOT STAY HERE! THEY LIE! THEY ARE RUDE! THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU! DO NOT STAY HERE!

We had brought two crystal glasses that are our "traveling wine glasses" and left them in the room. The first day, they were left there. The second day, they vanished. Everyone claimed to have no responsibility.

Also, on the first day, housekeeping did not replace our bath towels, only the hand and face towels. We were left with just one bath towel.

When I first found the glasses missing, I called the front desk. She told me very rudely to call the manager the next morning to deal with it. My husband then took a notebook downstairs and asked the same woman, her name is Britney, about the glasses. She then told him that the hotel manager would NOT BE IN the following day! She had lied to me and then hung up on me!

We called the restaurant to ask about the glasses and they hung up on us. It was a horrific experience.

After we left, I tried calling the hotel manager twice. He was never there. I left a message. He never called me back. I am also going to write a letter of complaint to the CEO of Comfort Inns and cc that manager. But when I call the hotel, sometimes nobody even picks up the phone!!!

We have stayed at many hotels with our traveling wine glasses and thus assumed that they would be fine. It's not like they are diamonds or jewelry. And there were only two. But that breaks our set of six down to just four.

They stole our glasses and they were crystal, but were not that elegant, although as most crystal wine glasses are, they were not cheap things. They were traveling glasses! But they had a distinctive look so we could keep track of them and were labeled "Schott Zwiesel!" I cannot get any contact with the manager to deal with this matter.

The housekeeping manager, I think her name was Sharah, was good, though. She took our number and did their best to locate the glasses. They couldn't find them. She was good and very very responsive. I commend her and her colleague, a gentleman, for trying to help us.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 23, 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn & Conference Center recently. The Hotel is nearby the Lambert / St. Luois Airport. It is also very close to many of the Rent-a-Car returns. However, the Inn also has a Van that goes to the Airport. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and the facility has many extra's, workout room, indoor swimming pool and wireless internet. The free breakdast is OK with many cold choices. They also have waffles. There is also a resturant and a bar if you would like to stay in. Many fast food options are close by. If you want to journey to Downtown St. Louis it's about 15 miles. See the Arch, it's worth your time to journey to the top! Would stay here if ever needed to return to the area.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My wife and I attempted to check in late on a Tuesday night but when we got there, we found out that the hotel made a mistake and booked us for the night before. No problem I thought until the manager told me I would be charged a "no show" even though the hotel made the mistake. Then, the manager told me he was off duty in 10 minutes (11PM) and went to the back room and refused to come and talk to me anymore. He also refused to give me his last name. So, our entire check in process took almost an hour and a half which is absolutely ridiculous in the hotel industry.

The shuttle to the airport was full and almost 20 minutes late. Then, when we returned to the airport to catch the shuttle back to the hotel, I waited on the phone about 30 minutes to tell them where I was so they could pick us up. I finally gave up and decided to take a cab.

If you are looking to start a vacation out right, I would recommend NOT staying at this hotel. The manager was very un-professional and rude.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed at this hotel because they offered the "park and fly" feature. We will not be staying there again. The service is terrible. The hotel shuttle is a van versus a mini bus. The van can't hold very many people (especially if they have a lot of luggage). The van was full at 4:30 a.m. when we needed to go to the airport. The van was full again when we needed picked up at the airport. We waited nearly an hour for the van to come back to pick us up. Next time we will stay at a different hotel with a bigger shuttle or park at the airport.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank motraveler10
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Booked the "park and fly" with worry free. the "special" discount. The customer service is horrible and the price of a meal was almost $100 for sweet and sour chicken that you order at any fast food place. We waited over an hour to be picked up by the shuttle van. We called and then 45 mins later called again and was put on hold for 27
mins. There are too many other hotels in the area that are of a better quality. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Lippylolo
Reviewed May 6, 2007

Visited this hotel based on the fact that they offered Park & Ride to the airport. This, along with the fact that we are Choice Privilege Members, made it seem like a good fit. While there were some aspects that we didn't like upon check-in [garbage piled up in front of the door, under-staffed front desk and out of order elevators to name a few] we were there for the room and the ride and it was too late to book elsewhere.

Upon our return from vacation, we called the shuttle service and were told that we can expect the shuttle in 5 minutes or so. The five turned into nearly 40+ and we weren't even the longest wait. The fact that the desk kept telling us when we called that it would be 5 minutes, 5 more... then the story changed when I had my boyfriend call rather than me. It started all over that the shuttle would be dispatched. The driver explained that he was the only shuttle and had to take guests to dinner and to sites. All the while the people at the airport were stranded.

I wouldn't mind being told that it would be 30 minutes, then I could decide on catching a cab or waiting. But the way this was handled from the call to the front desk upon arrival was uncalled for. We arrived at 9p.m. and were checked in at 11p.m.

The topper of the night was getting stuff from our car and witnessing the Mariott van bringing a flight crew to the hotel because they were left at behind waiting for over an hour.

Trust me, as a frequent traveler - if you are looking for the convience of Park & Ride - seek another option.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaa1168
Reviewed March 27, 2007

Very rude, horrible customer service! My husband and I checked in late. We were tired and ready to relax. When we got there, the two people behind the desk didn't even look at us. My husband finally asked for some help. The guy just looked at him and went back to what he was doing and finally the girl said she could check him in. Our remote in our room had no batteries. When I went to the front desk to ask for some, she gave me keys to another room and had me go get my own remote. Those keys didn't work so she then gave me two other keys to other rooms for me to find a remote. No remote in those rooms! I shouldn't have had to do this. Also the shower had not been cleaned. Hairs all in the tub from the previous user. Yuck! Will not stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank halfbeaner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
#2 of 2 in Woodson Terrace

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!