1,137 results
All reviewslouis airportpark and flythe shuttle drivereasy accessfree shuttlest louisbusiness centervery nice hotelan early flightomeletparking lotrental carhgihiltonmoplane
Reviewed December 20, 2013

For $99 a nite in St. Louis this was a very poor experience. One side of each bed was like lying on plywood. Discovered comfort controls hidden under sheets and a cover, but none of them did anything. Front desk was no help and didn't care. Pool was murky and disgusting. For $3 extra we got "hot made to order" breakfast. Omelet was that and was quite tasty, but everything else was fend for yourself. So hash browns and sausage were off buffet and were cold. Omelet got cold while I tried to make toast. And could not get internet to connect.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

I would like to extend our deepest apologies for the level of service you recently received with us. Your recent experiences at our hotel are definitely not a reflection of our service standards.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We found a great rate on the Hilton website during the world series. The room was comfortable and clean. We especially like the location. My niece was flying out the next morning. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words about the staff to everyone here. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

A very clean hotel with excellent staff. The room exceeded our requirements and we will plan on staying here again when we spend the night in St. Louis. From the parking lot to the front desk to our room, we were impressed with the location and the staff were exceptional and very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Based on the many positive reviews of this hotel, I'm confirmed in my opinion that much of the unimpressive experience we had while there had to do with our having booked our room at a bargain rate on Hotwire. I note that at least one other discount site buyer left a negative review as well.

We arrived on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving this year, having driven to St. Louis from Chicago with our toddling son. Since it was nearly 10 pm when we arrived we wanted to get him (and ourselves) to bed as soon as possible. We were given a room on the 1st floor of the hotel, but unfortunately, the two reservation assistants at the desk told us, they did not have any cribs available. That was frustrating, but somewhat understandable. I assumed that the hotel was booked with many families traveling over the holiday.

We checked into our room, and immediately noticed, oddly, that a couple of the pieces of furniture in the room were broken -- handles missing, had obviously scratched surfaces, or both. We were all too tired to pay strict attention to this, but since my husband and I both travel frequently for business, we were surprised to see something like this in a hotel room for which we were paying. I made a mental note to mention it to the hotel staff in the morning, and we got ourselves ready for bed and settled in. About an hour later we heard an incredibly LOUD clattering-rattling noise coming from the inside of the wall nearest to the bed in which my husband and I were sleeping. Luckily our son was in the bed on the other side of the room, turned away from our bed (he is a sound sleeper besides). But my husband and I were both jolted awake by the sound.

It sounded like someone was inside the wall with a tin can full of beans or rocks and was shaking it to their heart's content. It was probably the sound of a heater or boiler doing something (???) but who knows. The rattling eventually died out, and we both fell back asleep. 1 hour later: THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. We both woke up, completely startled. I was starting to get really angry, especially since, after a 5+ hour drive, all we really wanted was a decent night's sleep. The 3rd time this foolishness happened? Was the charm. In a "let me at 'em" mood, we stormed out to the front desk together (locking the door and taking our baby monitor with us). The young man who was doing late night duty on the desk was a bit glib, but mostly tried to be accommodating. He offered to move us right away, and we explained that we would do that, if we weren't traveling with our son. He assured us that we could move the next day. Still, it was hard to believe that anyone could have stayed in that room without being badly disturbed by the noise. (looking at a couple of the other poor reviews here, I see that we were probably not the first people to complain about it.)

We did move the next day, but it was to another room on the 1st floor, and another room with neglected and somewhat decaying furniture. This room had a kinder, gentler version of the same noise in the walls; it was not as loud nor as frequent, and it allowed us all to sleep without being awakened, but it made me wonder: why are we still on the 1st floor anyway? My husband asked for and was given a free night, based on their "satisfaction guarantee," but it was not a voucher for *any* Hilton Garden Inn, but for a night at this same location.

We also had lackluster service during the stay; our first day, we stayed in the room much too long and didn't expect that it would be cleaned at all--it wasn't, so no big deal. But the second day, we were out by 10, came back after 4, and found the room exactly as we'd left it. The explanation we got was essentially that they are understaffed and the one person cleaning never made it to our room that day. Really? Like our rattle and roll room the first night, this smelled of under-service based on our Hotwire rate; the first floor as the dumping ground for guests who don't pay "enough." Some hotels do have the "book on a discount site, get a discount experience" mentality, though I've stayed at just as many who treat all of their customers as equally important, if only because of word of mouth and review sites like TripAdvisor.

Hotel staff and managers who do this sort of thing should be advised; lots and lots of people book through sites like Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Kayak these days. And many of those same people post internet reviews about their experiences. If a hotel doesn't want to treat these customers to a room and service equal to what other customers get, then they shouldn't list their rooms on discount sites in the first place.

Room Tip: Avoid room 123 unless you like being awakened from your sleep on the hour.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the feedback about the hotel. I do apologize for your experience with your room. It is not acceptable for a guest to check into a room and experience what you experienced. The issues stated have been addressed with those particular rooms. Also, I have spoken with my staff regarding this to make sure all guests are valued during their entire stay. This is definitely not our standard and if you would return to our hotel I can assure this will not happen again.

If there is anything else would you would to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

once we pull up to the hotel myself, my husband and my sister we were impressed with the hotel and was greeted with a smile. The room was very clean and the front desk manager allow us to check in early and other us to have some breakfast and that was very nice since we just got off the highway. Everyone was so... helpful. We was very please.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad we could accommodate your needs during your stay with us. I hope we see you again soon when your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.