“The hotel staff there hates Priceline.”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Decatur, Illinois, United States
“The hotel staff there hates Priceline.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked through Priceline, and it seemed as if we were discriminated against because of it. I called as soon as we reserved two rooms and asked for certain room types (1 king with sleeper and 1 with double queens). I also asked if they had Pack n Plays available as we have two-year-old twins traveling with us. The front desk person repeatedly told me how much she hates Priceline and how I should not have booked through them, that I picked the wrong room type, etc. I repeatedly explained to her that I did not pick a room type as that is not an option - but I use Priceline regularly and always call the hotel property to request our room type, usually do not have any problems. She said she'd have to call me back because she just didn't know if she could change room types. She did call me back and state that she was able to accommodate our requests, but she really didn't have to. She again reiterated that travelers should not use Priceline. We thought we were all set until we checked in. It was a different person than the lady I spoke to over the phone. We had to start all over and hear about how the room types aren't guaranteed, etc. After listening to the lecture, she assured us we would have two pack n plays in our rooms shortly. When we got to our room, the door was propped open and there was a guy in the room assembling our pack n play...which was not necessary. He said he'd be back with another one but never returned. We called the front desk after awhile and were told that they "were searching for a pack n play". Then the front desk called and said they probably wouldn't be able to get a second pack and play. I went down to the front desk and told the lady I had requested these the night before...she rudely told me that they are first come, first serve, etc...but she would call their sister properties. We finally got one. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The hallways constantly had garbage in them, room service dishes, and literally garbage bags...even when we were checking in at 4 p.m. in the afternoon. We opted to skip their breakfast since it was $11.99 + tax per plate...and it looked like just a continental breakfast. I would prefer not to stay there in the future so I never have to hear about Priceline again.

Room Tip: If you use Priceline to book your room, beware!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angie R
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback about the hotel and that it worked out for you during your stay. I do apologize for your experience with our staff. It is not acceptable for a guest to feel as though our staff is not attentive to their needs and non-responsive to the concerns of the guests. I can assure you this is not our standard. I do apologize for that and thank you for bringing that to our attention. This has been addressed to our entire team here.

If there is anything else would you would to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would never stay at this hotel or any Hilton Garden Inns again. The sheets were not changed from the previous guest and had bodily fluid stains which was unacceptable. Worse experience ever as a business traveler.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback about the hotel and that it worked out for you during your stay. I do apologize for your experience with your room. It is not acceptable for a guest to check into a room and experience what you experienced. I do apologize for that and thank you for bringing that to our attention. This has been addressed to our entire team here, as well as that particular room.

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great service through out the entire stay. I would stay again when visiting the St Louis area. I will also recommend the hotel to my business partners on the next business visit to St Louis. The staff was excellent and the food was outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad we could accommodate your needs during your brief stay with us. I hope we see you again soon when your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Haubstadt, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The a/c made noise. I had trouble connecting to internet (that could have been my fault). In general the room was clean but the elevator and hallways were dirty. Housekeeping was struggling to get all the rooms done and remove all the room service debris from the halls. The front desk was under staffed too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

As a 150 night per year Hilton Diamond, this hotel offers the worst service I have ever experienced in the Hilton line of hotels. The hotel and room was clean but the staff was completely incompetent, rude, and at times...nasty. Disappointed doesn't begin to cover my experience. The ineptness wasn't just relegated to one area of the hotel, it encompassed the entire hotel. From front desk, kitchen staff, servers, shuttle drivers.......across the board. Clearly this group is being poorly managed, or down right unmanaged.

I will never stay there again and will advise my colleagues to do the same. This experience may actually be enough to make me a new Marriott platinum elite member.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great Hotel if you want to relax, before your flight!!!! I give this a five because when your traveling and have to stay near the Airport you know that you don't have to go anywhere else because this hotel has it all. Great Food, fantastic rooms, and a great breakfast, WiFi and they even take you to the airport anytime that you are ready for a flight!!!!!Convenience, I like that.

Room Tip: Hilton is the key!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. I was there for just one night. The shuttle was prompt and efficient. Our driver was courteous. The check/in and check/out process was efficient.The rooms were clean and comfortable. The rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!