“Stay and Ride is a Great Service”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We chose the Stay and Ride option because we could stay in a very comfortable location, sleeping in a comfortable bed, secure in the knowledge that our car could stay in the secure parking lot for the duration of our trip while we stepped aboard the hotel's airport shuttle available 24 hours. Hilton offers many amenities, including fine hot breakfasts, snacks in the lobby, good internet connections, and more, but the one we needed and used--Stay and Ride--was easy and well worth the moderately higher room rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad we could accommodate your needs during your brief stay with us. I hope we see you again soon when your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

More needs to be done to improve the level of pest control issues at the St. louis airport hotel. The service was good and the issue was addressed right away. I would recommend staying here after the improvement have been made.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton. The pest control issue has since been addressed. No further issues have been reported since the days of your stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is an excellent place to stay if your are going to the airport and need to leave your car. Their security around the parking lot is great! It is clean and they provide airport transportation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words about the staff to everyone here. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff at this hotel was outstanding! The TV didn't work in our first room. We were moved to a new room within 20 minutes and given vouchers for free breakfast for our troubles. The hotel itself is clean and nicely decorated. It's a bit remote, but a five minute drive to restaurants and shopping.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdisor to review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and that it worked out for you during your stay. I do apologize for your experience with the T.V.. It is not acceptable for a guest to have T.V. that doesn't work properly. I do apologize for that and thank you for bringing that to our attention. This will be addressed to our entire immediately.

If there is anything else would you would to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, but also on a road trip with the kids to go see Great Grandma. Since I knew the kids would be with us, I really wanted to spend a little extra on our anniversary night to ensure we got a two room suite at the Hilton Garden Inn (our favorite hotel chain). I paid the extra $$ to get the room with the separate living area as I thought that meant it was the suite and we could put the girls on the fold out couch in the living area and hubby and I could have privacy in the other room once they went to bed. When we got there we found out it was just a normal room with a King size bed and right next to it a pull out couch. No room divider at all. I was sooo devastated as I had my hopes up for something completely different and even paid more thinking that's what I was getting. I didn't want to complain to the staff as they were just so nice and I figured I must have just read it wrong. I know there is such a thing as a suite at the HGI as we've stayed in one before and it worked out so nicely. It would be great if somehow could get pictures of each room type up online so you can really know if your booking the right room for you. I guess I should have called to make sure before booking. Beds normally at the HGI are very comfy with the adjustable settings, but this time we just couldn't get it comfortable and ended up with back aches for the next day. Everything else was great and what I expected. Very clean, no bed bugs in our room anyways (I double checked on bedbug advisor just to make sure before booking), Staff so friendly and kind I didn't want to complain at all about anything, Pool and hot tub very nice as well. I know HGI's breakfast is expensive, but I'd rather bring my own breakfast and have a clean room then chance getting a dirty hotel with free breakfast. Overall we ended up having a nice anniversary once we got over our disappointment and just made the best of it.

Room Tip: Call ahead before booking to make sure you're getting the room you wanted.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay with us. I am glad that we could make you feel so welcome and that the staff was able to go above and beyond during your stay with us. Even though there was a misunderstanding on which room type you requested.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the Garden Inn. It was totally different from my experiences in staying in hotels in close vicinity to an airport. Frendly staff. Great place to stay. Close to the airport. Wish I could afford to stay there longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad we could accommodate your needs during your brief stay with us before you went downtown. I hope we see you again soon when your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room were nice I asked for two rooms together I got two rooms that were separated one down the hall 1 down the other hallway I have to wait for the second one to be ready which was not ready until about 6 o'clock

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdisor to review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and that it worked out for you during your stay. I do apologize for your experience with the staff. It is not acceptable for a guest to feel that the staff was not friendly to you during your stay with us. I do apologize for that and thank you for bringing that to our attention. This will be addressed to our entire team here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!