“Good location but the area can be rough”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The location is very convenient and my girlfriend and I got a great deal through Southwest Airlines vacations ($68/night on the weekend and into the following Monday).

However there are no services nearby, and once you go the other side of I-70 or about three blocks north, you're in parts of STL that you don't need to be.

Be careful about their hot breakfast--it was actually somewhat lukewarm.

Room Tip: Fitness room is on the lowest floor in the far SW corner, and the indoor pool is on the S side of th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I do appreciate the feedback that you had from your stay. My apologies for your experience with our breakfast buffet. I will make sure I talk to the staff regarding this to ensure all food remains hot at all times. To have a hot breakfast that is not hot is unacceptable and for that, I am sorry. The area surrounding the hotel is actually a low crime neighborhood that is regularly patroled by our local police department. Will also have onsite security for additional safety.

If there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

rooms should be checked daily for cleanliness. towels changed each day. Trash taken out each day. Stay was for three nights. There should have been more room service as to checking the condition of the room and linen needs.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was disappointed that the hotel does not have a Government or Boeing rate. Over $200.00 for a room that I pay $125.00 for the same room in the Northeast. When I questioned it at the front desk was told the price is the price!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I really liked this hotel. My family and I stayed here for the "Ultimate Stay 'n' Fly" package which included drinks at night and breakfast. The room was very nice, and I liked the modern furniture. The lobby was so pretty, we sat in front of the fireplace and had our drink there. Breakfast was very good, and the staff was great. The only reason I don't this five stars is that the shuttle to take us to the airport was nearly 30 minutes later than we'd requested. We made our flight with time to spare, but this could be a problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words about the staff to everyone here. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton. My apologies for the tardiness of the shuttle. We have addressed this area and we truly appreciate your feedback.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We arrived late and had to wait almost 30 minutes to check in as another person had difficulties in checking in or paying. The air conditioner was very loud and made noises so in addition to the rock hard beds, we did not sleep all night. We will not return.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Conveniently located near University of Missouri-Saint Louis, this is a newer hotel with a fantastic breakfast buffet and indoor pool. The beds are too hard for my taste, so I stayed in a king room with sofa sleeper, and I slept in the sofa sleeper, while my husband and son shared the king bed! The campus is surrounded by major drug mail-order company and near the airport.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

While the GPS struggled to find this hotel, it was well worth the trouble to get to this Hilton. The lobby is bright, spacious, and has goodies when you enter! We were offered a free room upgrade upon our arrival, which made us feel great! The bar at night and the breakfast the next morning were the best of any Hilton we had previously stayed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!