1,151 results
All reviews louis airport park and fly the shuttle driver easy access free shuttle business center st louis very nice hotel an early flight omelet parking lot rental car hgi hilton mo plane
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn due to the ratings on TripAdvisor and to take advantage of their Park, Stay, Fly option. The property is located a couple of miles east of the St. Louis Airport right off of I-70 so it is easy to find and easy to access from the interstate. Planes arrive and depart coming almost directly overhead as the runway to the airport is in line with the hotel. I didn’t notice much, if any, plane noise during my stay. I checked in late and left early in the morning so I didn’t get much of a chance to really explore the hotel, but check-in was smooth, the room was nice and the shuttle took us to the airport at the time requested. We did run into problems with the shuttle when we arrived back in St. Louis from our trip. I called the hotel to let them know we were ready for pickup and waited at the correct spot at the airport but the shuttle didn’t come. After 3 calls and over an hour of waiting a shuttle finally showed up. I don’t know what happened but this ultimately will make me re-think my decision to stay here again using the Park, Stay, Fly option, especially when I saw nearly all of the other hotel shuttles drive by several times. If I were on a visit to St. Louis, I would definitely consider staying here again as the rates near the airport are decent during weekends. A perk is it is near the Metro train station (probably a half mile walk over I-70) which can take you to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank redbird71
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to complete a survey from your recent stay with us. While on vacation, I am excited that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton Garden Inn while you were with us. I do apologize for the delay in the shuttle service. I can assure you that I will personally look into this matter and will make sure that we rectify this issue.

I really do appreciate this feedback and if there is anything else I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at mohammed.kashif@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I arrived at 5pm on a Wednesday and the front desk had a lovely platter of cookies available for the hotel guests. SO. GOOD.

I had a room on the third floor and it smelled really good. I thought the beds were ones that you could adjust the firmness, but they were normal spring mattresses with nice thick layer of soft foam on top. Or maybe i just didn't search hard enough for the firmness adjuster.

In the morning, Kimberly was such a helpful clerk, since I locked myself out of my room...twice. She also gave me a breakfast voucher even though I didn't change my HHonors Gold preferences until late the night before.

The fitness room is quite spacious with free weights, cardio equipment, and a multipurpose weight machine. The pool room is decent. I didn't go swimming, but from what I saw, the pools were not big enough to actually have a legitimate swim. But hey, they're indoor pools, so who's to complain, especially when it's snowing outside?

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Howard L
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday especially for making this a memorable experience for all of you. I apologize that you were not informed on where the adjustments were for the bed. I have talked to the front desk team and retrained them. Kim was elated that you mentioned her name. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here at the start of November after walking out of the St Louis Hilton Airport hotel because they wanted to double the charge.

The Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport was clean, a few minutes away from the airport and a decent place to spend the night. The staff was friendly. Parking was free and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JonDkinn
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you were in St. Louis.

I hope that next time your travel plans bring you to St Louis; you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed November 26, 2012

1. The one lady at the front desk (forget her name) was so rude and not helpful. She talked down to me and acted like I was bothering her if I asked a simple question.
2. I found a pubic hair on a clean towel when we got to the room.
3. I ordered my 2 year old a ham and cheese sandwich off the kids menu. I was told it was a hot sandwich. Instead we got a ham and cheese wrap with a garlic mayonnaise on it. Who puts a garlic mayo on a kids sandwich?? Food was terrible overall!
4. I asked for a wine opener at 3pm and was told I would have to wait until the restaurant opened at 5pm. Like someone couldn't walk to the bar for me and help me out???
5. The women working the bar never cracked a smile or gave a "how are you?" when I ordered some drinks. Should not be in customer service.
6. I was also told by that rude woman at the front desk that if I wasn't on time for the 7:30 airport shuttle that I would lose my chance for a ride to the airport. Btw, I am a 33 year old mother. I think I can handle being on time for my flight home, thanks.

Do not stay here!! I am never one to complain, but I couldn't believe how horrible of a stay this was.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Nikki8732
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.

I have personally talked to the front desk team and the food and beverage team regarding you issues. I can assure you that these issues will be rectafied.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed using the Stay and Travel rate. Found the facility to be excellent. Clean and quiet. Shuttle service was wonderful - pick up at end of stay was very fast. Driver very courteous. We were only at the hotel for a quick night's sleep - but being in St Louis prior to flight really reduces the stress when you have to travel to the airport for an early flight out. We found this rate to be reasonable - this hotel much higher quality than many that offer a special rate to leave your car. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: From reading other tips, we requested a room away from the highway. Our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler062010
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made about the hotel and the staff. I glad that we were able to take care of you as you were starting your trip.

Yours in Hospitality