“DO NOT stay here!”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed November 26, 2012

1. The one lady at the front desk (forget her name) was so rude and not helpful. She talked down to me and acted like I was bothering her if I asked a simple question.
2. I found a pubic hair on a clean towel when we got to the room.
3. I ordered my 2 year old a ham and cheese sandwich off the kids menu. I was told it was a hot sandwich. Instead we got a ham and cheese wrap with a garlic mayonnaise on it. Who puts a garlic mayo on a kids sandwich?? Food was terrible overall!
4. I asked for a wine opener at 3pm and was told I would have to wait until the restaurant opened at 5pm. Like someone couldn't walk to the bar for me and help me out???
5. The women working the bar never cracked a smile or gave a "how are you?" when I ordered some drinks. Should not be in customer service.
6. I was also told by that rude woman at the front desk that if I wasn't on time for the 7:30 airport shuttle that I would lose my chance for a ride to the airport. Btw, I am a 33 year old mother. I think I can handle being on time for my flight home, thanks.

Do not stay here!! I am never one to complain, but I couldn't believe how horrible of a stay this was.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Nikki8732
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.

I have personally talked to the front desk team and the food and beverage team regarding you issues. I can assure you that these issues will be rectafied.

Yours in Hospitality,

Mohammed Kashif

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed using the Stay and Travel rate. Found the facility to be excellent. Clean and quiet. Shuttle service was wonderful - pick up at end of stay was very fast. Driver very courteous. We were only at the hotel for a quick night's sleep - but being in St Louis prior to flight really reduces the stress when you have to travel to the airport for an early flight out. We found this rate to be reasonable - this hotel much higher quality than many that offer a special rate to leave your car. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: From reading other tips, we requested a room away from the highway. Our room was very quiet.
2  Thank Traveler062010
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made about the hotel and the staff. I glad that we were able to take care of you as you were starting your trip.

I hope that next time your travel plans bring you to St Louis; you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Really fine facility and staff. All that you would hope for in a hotel, and convenient to the airport, since I was passing through. They provide value and comfort with good cheer by the desk folks. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BruceMarshallPhilly
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you passing through St. Louis.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My elderly mother and I stayed one night before flying to Denver to see my sister and her family.
The non-stop flights all left early in the morning so this was a great solution since we live 2 hours
from the airport. The room was pretty far from the lobby, but we could park our car close to a door
that was very close to our room. The shuttle took us to the airport right on time. When we returned the airline had misplaced my luggage and we had to wait for some other flights to come in. After we decided my bag was not coming we went outside to call the shuttle and then we waited for him to come which seemed like a long time, but it really wasn't. Luckily we could see the baggage carousel from where we were waiting and low and behold my bag came rolling off.
So I got my bag and the shuttle came a few minutes later and dropped us off right at our car and
put our bags in the trunk! GREAT SERVICE!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you and your mother while you were going to vist family.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night before flying out for vacation. We live in Illinois, so the location east of the airport worked great for us. The hotel was super clean and had nice bedding. We went to a cardinal game first, so we checked in kind of late, then had to be at airport very early. They had an airport shuttle and hot coffee in the morning. That was about all we needed. Not sure if any breakfast was offered since we left so early.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank leslierph

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you were away from home to take in a Cardinals baseball game.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

You know the sinking feeling when you've made a reservation, and even paid in advance, and you walk into your room and there is only one bed, but your paid reservation says two queens, and the front desk says that's all they have, no matter what the reservation says, and you will just have to share the bed with your traveling companion, even though he isn't someone you ever imagined sharing the sheets with? That was my experience at this place. Well, almost. They gave us a foldout couch thing, so one of us slept well and the other tossed and turned on the uncomfortable thing. Why didn't they contact me before I got there that they didn't have what I paid for, so that maybe I would have time to find a room at another hotel? No more Hilton stays for me!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

If you would like to discuss this matter with me directly, please give me a call at 314-521-6444

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family and I recently traveled to St. Louis to visit my wife’s grandmother. We wanted somewhere close to the airport was we were arriving on Friday night. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is only a couple miles from the airport. I have very pleased with the accommodations. The rooms were clean and super nice. The property is quite big, and it looked like they had a conference center. They also have the normal HGI restaurant and bar, which I always find quite well. Overall, if I’m back in St. Louis, I will definitely choose this property again. In addition, the property is very close to Express Scripts.

Room Tip: Very Close to Express Scripts
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I am glad the we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

Mohammed Kashif

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!