1,145 results
All reviews louis airport park and fly the shuttle driver easy access free shuttle st louis business center very nice hotel an early flight omelet parking lot rental car hgi hilton mo plane
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our suite at this HGI was clean and comfortable. The size of the suite was great for my husband, myself and our college-student son, but it would be nice to have a door to close off the bedroom from the light and sounds in the living room area. There were a couple signs of maintenance issues: desk handle removed but found inside drawer; and ugly, old adhesive left on tiles above bathtub where soap dish was removed.

More staff is needed at reception. There was only one person there both when we checked in and when we left the next morning. This staff member has to answer phones while trying to check-in guests! So check-in was slow, the staff member did not code our key cards correctly and I needed to return to the front desk and wait again to get our key cards fixed after neither key card worked on the door to our room, and a completely wrong first name was typed on my key card folder. At check-out, I waited several minutes behind another guest while the morning staffer answered a constantly ringing phone.

Although we received good value for the room rate we paid, the bar was surprisingly expensive, especially for 5 pm drinks: $9 for mediocre glass of wine and $12 for cocktail with generic bourbon. After seeing our bar bill, we decided to go out for a casual dinner. The reception desk only had a few and distant restaurant suggestions. We found some good restaurant possibilities on Yelp. The immediate area around this HGI is quite empty so you need to drive about 10 - 15 minutes for food options.

As an HHonors Diamond member, I received breakfast vouchers. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked with nice options and the made-to-order eggs were very well prepared.

With some attention to adequately staffing the reception desk during the busiest hours and maintenance, and maybe a reduced price on drinks during early evening hours on weekdays, this HGI would be a nice option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I have discussed the staffing issue with the team. I am working towards resolving this matter. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you were away from home.

Yours in Hospitality

Mohammed Kashif

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a terrible experience at a different St. Louis hotel we immediately checked out and found availability for our family at the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport. We had two rooms, one King and one Double Queen. The rooms were clean, the layout is convenient, and the beds and room temperature were very comfortable. The pool was tiny so that was a disappointment, but the hot tub was a good temperature and very relaxing.

The staff were very friendly and quick to give local recommendations and feedback. The bar was overpriced but comfortable. The breakfast was definitely worth the money spent, and very hot and fresh.

The location is a bit far north if you want to spend your time in downtown St. Louis but we didn't mind it. The Galleria mall isn't too far, and though there is little directly around the hotel, it's a 10 minute drive from many good dining and shopping choices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I am glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable.
I hope that next time your travel plans bring you to St Louis; you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Yours in Hospitality,

Mohammed Kashif

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Check-in was a breeze.This place uses sleep system beds, giving my principal traveling companion the opportunity to use the plywood setting, achieving a level of bliss generally found only in television commercials. I used a different setting and slept like a rock. There is an off-screen channel guide to help one navigate the local array of about seventy channels. After years of mindlessly checking the door lock upon exit, our door opened when I tried it. It kept right on opening, and eventually we called the front desk about the matter; house security came right up and worked their magic, sharing with me a lot of guy talk about the locking system. The sink faucet was loopy, giving out too little water or forcing out too much which then sprayed off hands or whatever.
At the reservation we opted to purchase complementary breakfast coupons, and we are satisfied with the choice. It turns out the facility is somewhat secluded, and no real breakfast facilities are handy. The breakfast buffet was extensive (yes, grits), with an attentive wait staff to fill gaps, and present more of a restaurant atmosphere. We also made use of a dinner at the facility, and we were very satisfied with that experience. There is a full bar by the dining area.
Check-out was a breeze.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We found this hotel using reviews on trip advisor and are so happy that we did! We traveled to St. Louis the Friday evening before our Saturday morning flight to Seattle. We stayed in Seattle a few days and then took a 7 day cruise and then returned to Seattle for another couple of days before returning to STL. The Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis is in a perfect location...just a few minutes shuttle ride to and from the airport. They allowed us to park the entire 13 days free of charge; provided a wonderful buffet breakfast the morning of our departure, and the price of our one-night's stay was extremely reasonable. In addition, the staff there is fantastic...from the personnel who assisted me with my reservations, to the buffet staff, to the shuttle driver...no one could expect a kinder, friendlier staff anywhere. I guess by now you can tell that I will be staying there again when next we travel by air out of St. Louis and will be recommending it to all we meet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I showed up at this hotel without a reservation and they were fully booked. While sitting in the lobby looking for another property to stay, the front desk notified me that a room had come available and they immediately booked me. The location was ideally situated near the airport and the light rail line into St. Louis. The driver was very accommodating, giving his card so I could get picked up once I returned from the city. The rooms are typical HGI--comfortable but not ostentatious. The breakfast was acceptable, but it was not as good as other HGIs that I have visited. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family