“Avoid Hotel...My vehicle was broken into on their property”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Tucson, Arizona
“Avoid Hotel...My vehicle was broken into on their property”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel was typical Garden Inn variety but I stayed one night and had my car broken into while staying there. They messed up my door to gain entry and stole my GPS unit. I did not see any cameras on the propery and doubt that they exist, this was substantuated by the management at the hotel refuesing allow access to any camera recordings. The manager and Hilton Honors has signs posted that they are not responsible for break ins, but my experience is that they did not provide a resonalbly safe environment for my property considering the crime rates in the neighborhood. I should have been compensated for my inconvienence with a refund for my stay or coupon for another stay at any Garden Inn. Last time I will stay there, in my experience the proerty is not safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. As we had discussed in our phone conversation, we are still awaiting the document you were going to send us. If you like you can call me at 314-521-6444 and further discuss this matter. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our security department, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. The health and safety of our guests is always a top concern for us! Thank you again for bringing this to our immediate attention.

Sincerly,

Mohammed Kashif

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
E. St. Louie
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed one night at this location. Very nice rooms and staff. The staff is especially helpfull and friendly. The rooms are large and very clean as is the entire property. The parking lot is huge and full of cars as they offer overnight parking for air travelers. The have a shuttle to the airport but they will also take you to local restaurants as they did for us. (no charge) Good fitness center, pool, and business center. Check the prices for a room and check the parking policy if you want to leave your car for an air trip

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EStLouiesmokey
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty with the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback about the hotel. We look forward to being of service to you again.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean and safe family hotel.
Easy on/off the expressway and close to the airport.
A solid value

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Winchester, VA
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The location certainly was convenient although we had a little trouble finding the hotel at first since the hotel property sits in a "depression" which resulted in our not seeing the hotel building when we came off the exit at I-70 West. Perhaps the Mapquest directions could have been better. We ended up making a wrong turn and driving around a bit before we figured out we had made some kind of mistake. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable--the most important things anyway. We noted that the housekeepers were working fairly late, probably because it is a good size hotel. That might explain why there were places where the floor in the hallway was a bit soiled. The staff were courteous. We did have trouble getting luggage carts at check in and could not get any at all during check out. At check in, the man at the front desk made a phone call or two to locate one for us and have it brought to the lobby. When we checked out, there was no one at the front desk to ask so we made two trips down long hallways bringing out our luggage. We are used to most hotels offering at least a continental breakfast included with the rate but this hotel didn't do that. They did offer a full service breakfast in their dining area for an additional fee which we didn't want to pay. Obviously, the other hotels simply add the cost of the complimentary breakfast to their rate so that travelers like myself and my wife think we're getting a good deal. At the last hotel we stayed at we couldn't get an internet connection but with both wired and wireless service available at this Hilton, that was definitely not a problem. Overall, it was a good place for our overnight stop but we might not stay there again should we happen to pass through St. Louis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ExArmyRN
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I can only comment on a few features of the hotel since we arrived fairly late and were out by 5:30am to get to the airport - First the good - extremely friendly and helpful front desk, good size rooms, parking was practically free while we were gone and the shuttle driver was ready right when he asked for him and delivered us right to our airline terminal - Now the not so good - the beds - I stayed at an HGI in Mettawa a few weeks back and I thought it was an anomaly that the beds were so stiff, unfortunately I was wrong - there is firm and then there is hard - these beds are hard!!! HGI, if you get a chance to change your beds, please do; I love your hotels but the beds may keep me from choosing you in the future

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PhilMC64
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty with the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback about the hotel and Staff. Although, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our Sleep System beds. These beds are adjustable to your liking. Next time your travel plans bring you to our hotel, please let me know and I will make sure that the beds are adjusted to your liking.

IL
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stay at this hotel almost evey time we are in stl, which is often. The staff is normally very friendly and the rooms are very well kept/clean. I would def recomment this hotel to any one of my family or friends. Just don't get the room right next to the gym. Very noisy!

Room Tip: Don't get the room next to the gym. Door open and shuts alot and you can hear it in your room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty with the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback about the hotel. We look forward to being of service to you again during your future stays. Thank you for your business.

Chihuahua
Reviewed June 16, 2012

With brand new installations, and located at the intersection of 170, this hotel it's the perfect location to access the entire st. Louis area. But specially if you are doing bussines in Clayton. The staff it's very friendly, and breakfast bar it's a good option to include. Rooms are very quiet, and you almost no hear airplanes, except the largest military ones (i just heard one before falling asleep). Beds are very comfortable, and rooms are perfect on size. I will be back next time in St. Louis for sure!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for rating our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Our location is wonderful in that we are close to the airport, but away from the congestion and noise. We hope to be of service to you again soon!

Mohammed Kashif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!