“Professional and accomodating!”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very convenient location to the airport; excellent accomodations; staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel General Manager Mohammed Kashif literally went the "extra mile" personally driving me to Busch Stadium when I'd messed up by forgotting my ticket. True, he's a huge Cardinal fan but his kindness was unexpected but greatly appreciated. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard A
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to get you to the Cardinal game in time for the first inning. I am glad that you not only enjoyed a thrilling first inning, but also your stay at our hotel.

I hope that next time your travel plans bring you to St Louis; you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were looking for a hotel that included breakfast, free parking, a pool, free wi-fi, and good for a family budget. We stayed there for 4 nights while sight seeing St. Louis. It's about 10 min drive from airport. We never heard planes. We never heard traffic. My dad stayed here also for 2 nights. He is a Hilton honors member and really liked the hotel. The hotel is 3 years new on the out and inside. We had some minor housekeeping issues. When brought up to staff - taken care of right away. The rooms, bathrooms, common areas were clean. A full buffet breakfast with made to order pancakes and omelettes was great! To pay for separately- $11.95 per person. the hotel does offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in case you can't drive. There is also a pantry with all kinds of snacks. The kitchen staff and wait staff, desk and housekeeping staff and security were so nice and friendly- Kim in the restaurant and Justin at the front desk and many others! And really the best thing I have to say about this hotel- is the staff! They are so nice, engaging and always treated us with kindness. The cookies in the evening were a nice touch.
It was a little loud on Saturday night but quieted down by 11;00 p.m. On 3 of the 4 nights we had the pool to ourselves. The pool is small and more than 10 in the pool is about the limit.
The hotel is really out in the middle of no where. There is a Walgreens about a mile away through a residential neighborhood. It is a good 20 minute walk to get to the Metrolink Station. I would not want to walk there alone. We chose to drive downtown since the charge one way for the Metrolink was $2.50. Parking at the Arch was included when ordered on line and only $6.00 for 9 hours otherwise. And apparently on game nights Metrolink can be crowded and take about 40 minutes to get downtown. This location is ideal if you have a car and are sight seeing. We got downtown to the Arch in 20 minutes, 20 minutes to the Science Center/Zoo/ Mall. I also think its ideal for business travelers who want to be somewhere a little quiet and treated well. My family and I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: first floor away from pool and fitness center, back side of the hotel is more quiet than front.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience while in St. Louis and staying at our hotel. Our location is very convenient to sights in downtown St. Louis and to many of the local businesses. If you are ever back in the St. Louis area, you know where to stay! Thank you for your business!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a really nice hotel. It looks fairly new. It is modern and super clean. Rooms are spacious. Beds are comfortable with nice linens. Bathroom has a nice shower. Staff are super friendly and helpful. It's kinda located away from things, but within driving distance. The price for what you get is GREAT! We stayed at one in Springfield, IL for higher and not near as nice. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel! Our sleeping rooms at the hotel are very nice and up to date. The hotel is only 3 years old and it shows. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in St. Louis. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times, Just what you expect from HGI property. Excellent Service, Clean Rooms, convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! At Hilton Garden Inn we strive to make sure your expecations are met, and I am happy to find that they were! We hope to be of service to you in the near future should you be back in St. Louis!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was in a hurry to write this review even before I left there. I am pretty picky about hotels and try to get as much for the money as I can when on the road, I know what else is new. First, The "Staff" was awesome, efficient and very helpful. They were well prepared even though they were not on the first cut of hotels from the convention I was going to. They were 20 min away and easy drive. NEXT I would say the room for the price was Awesome. It had everything, it was very clean, the pillows and sheets felt like a 5 star place. Now next I would say the pool, sauna, workout room was a huge blessing. After being on our feet for 10 hrs straight I was in need of some down time. The pool and sauna was very clean, clear and relaxing. Over all I can't say enough about the experience at this place. No security problems with a person walking the parking area, cameras and secure doors everywhere. There is a park off the one side of the parking area that had fishing and egrets along the edge. If I had to mention the down side it would be its close to the airport and if you get used to the noise its golden. I had no problem for once. There is a restaurant in the place so no quick breakfast to grab and run.

Room Tip: Our room faced east and was very nice. However I would not be able to pick a better place.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank doc832

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your convention! We appreciate you sharing your comments about the value of our hotel. We hope to have you back in the future should you ever be in St. Louis again!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I ended up staying at this hotel last minute due to an illness in route to Baltimore. I had to check in at 8am, the staff was more than friendly, quick checkin and was genuinely concerned for my welfare. When I went downstairs that afternoon for a snack from their sundries shop, the manager told me to take what I needed. No charge. The amenities in the room were 5 star quality. Couldn't have picked a better place to recover. Also the free shuttle back to the airport that night was a unexpected bonus.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regard to your recent stay. I am glad our staff was able to help make you comfortable while you were feeling ill. I hope you have a chance to come back soon when you are healthy!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The hotel is fairly new and is well taken care of. There is free WiFi which we really liked. We ate in the hotel restaurant and thought the food was good. They also provide a free airport shuttle

Our only issue was not receiving our wake up call. Luckily, we had set our phone alarm, too. When I told the front desk clerk about the issue, he tried to refund a portion of our room rate. However, since I prepaid the room, he said he would speak to the general manager about some type of compensation. I have yet to hear from them.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel close to Lambert Airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your experience at the hotel. I am glad to find you had a great experience with restaurant and airport shuttle!

On another note, I am sincerely sorry that you did not recieve your wake up call. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you over the phone so that we can make sure this never happens again in the future. My telephone number at the hotel is 314-521-6444.

Mohammed Kashif

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!