“A Hidden Jewel!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“A Hidden Jewel!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at St. Louis Airport. Three sisters came to celebrate the St. Louis sister's birthday in December 2011. We lost our Mom late 2010 and we wanted to celebrate more joyous occassions for getting together. The hotel lived up to the Hilton Garden's name and met our needs for closeness to our sister's home, the airport, the casino and easy access to nearby restaurants, nice shopping malls. I love the green theme of the hotel's decor especially the tree barks wall hangings. The staff was warm and quick to respond to special requests. Rooms were large, well decorated, and free wiffi service. Shutter service to airport was great for one sister. I will make this my hotel of choice for future visits to my sister.

2 Thank Carrie H
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Adviso! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, but I am glad you were able to come and have a good time while you were in St. Louis. We appreciate your feedback regarding the great location of the hotel and excellent service you recieved. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Mohammed Kashif

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 15, 2012

After along day of travel to attend a wedding, we were extremely pleased when we arrived at the hotel. The hotel had a beautiful lobby and the staff was very helpful. When we got to our room we were surprised by how spacious it was. My mother is handicapped so we stayed in a handicap accessible double room. The room had microwave and fridge, desk, satellite flat screen TV, WIFI, and chair with ottoman. The bathroom had a roll-in shower with fold up chair. Everything was very nice and luxrioius. The beds were great and we both got a wonderful nights sleep. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Wisconsin Traveler

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport during your recent trip! I am happy to hear you slept well on our Garden Sleep System Bed! The microwave, refrigerator, internet and LCD flat screen television come complimentary in all of our rooms. We are glad these complimentary amenities made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to having you back, should you ever be in the St. Louis Area!

West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This place always amazes me by looking spotless throughout. I realize it's a newer hotel, but the staff obviously takes pride in the place. Every staff member is friendly, whether I'm arriving or calling on the phone. The front desk people, the maintenance staff, and the restaurant staff all cheerily greet me. I had previously stayed at some other area hotels at slightly less cost, but there is simply no comparison in the rooms, staff, amenities, and cleanliness. If you arrive early enough in the evening, they even have freshly-baked cookies for you at the front desk. You will never be disappointed stayng here!

Room Tip: I guess I have no room preference; I never really thought about it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport, we take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and we try our best to focus on each guest to make them feel welcome. Our staff does a wonderful job and we appreciate your response regarding your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to St. Louis!

South Mississippi
Reviewed January 14, 2012

You can certainly hear the jets but you get used to it quick. I stayed here on business only for a couple of nights. The food in the restaurant was killer. The staff was incredible. I moved only because I was able to knock an hour off of my daily commute. I would stay here again. Also, the rooms seemed to be a little small. I've certainly stayed in other properties with much larger rooms.

Room Tip: Some motels subscribe to using the words supply and demand causing the rate to fluctuate while it...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport, I would like to thank you for your business. We appreciate the feedback you have given about the jet noise and size of the room. In addition, we take pride in our service and quality of food at our restaurant and we thank you for the kind words you have given us. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed 7 nights in different Hilton Garden Inns with three kids this week. This was my last one, and I was quite surprised by the price relative to the others. Little steep. And they charged us two different prices for rooms - not aure why? The shuttle driver was helpful, and the night restaurant staff was friendly and helped me to my room and wouldn't accept a thank you (aka tip). The morning restaurant man was more looking for a tip than any person I've encountered as of yet. The manager (owner?) was present but felt like he was standing over my shoulder everytime I was in the lobby. Lastly, we got a Shower only with one of rooms - not so convenient with three tykes - but luckily our other room had a tub.

• Stayed January 2012
Charlotte
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at this location for one night due to a business trip. I enjoyed my stay. The room was extremely comfortable and incredibly spacious! It came equipped with wi-fi, satellite cable on a flat screen, a microwave, Frigidaire, and a closet. And I had a tasty breakfast the next morning as there is a buffet breakfast available for $9.95 per person. Every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly.

The one thing I did not like about my stay is that there was a pair of dirty socks on the floor from a previous guest. I don't understand how Housekeeping could have missed that.

Also, I was assigned to a handicap-accessible room which had a handicap-accessible shower, instead of a traditional bath. I would have rather been asked if I needed a handicap-accessible room, but *shrugs* oh well…

Overall, I had a wonderful stay and would consider this location next time I am in St. Louis!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HGIstlarpt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport during your recent business trip. Our hotel rooms are quite spacious and the value of the complimentary parking, internet and microwave/refrigerator cannot be beat!

I am sorry to find that you may have found items from a previous guest in your room. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you, so we can make sure this does not happen again to you or another guest.

We appreciate the valuable feedback you have given us about your experience and hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Southern Illinois
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This property was very well kept & the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were well appointed and clean. We did find a couple of hairs that were not ours on the comforter, but it happens. Common areas were clean and the property felt safe and secure. It is, however, located in an underdeveloped business park with no restaurants or gas stations in the immediate area. Also, a warning regarding the indoor pool: It is hardly bigger than the hot tub! The deep end is 4 feet. The pool appears to be well maintained - just really small!

Overall, I would recommend this property for an overnight stay and not an extended stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport. Our housekeeping staff does a very good job ensuring the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas, and I am glad to find that you thought so as well. In addition, while you may have found the area to be underdeveloped, there are quite a few restaurants within about 5 miles of the hotel. We would be happy to assist you with directions should you ever be back in St. Louis in the future. It has been a pleasure to be of service!

Mohammed Kashif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!