“Cheap and Clean, but Not the Safest”
Review of Econolodge

Econolodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Econolodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I agree with what the other reviewer said. The rooms were very clean and the location was great. However, the clientele this hotel attracted was sketchy at best. I just tried to mind my own business at check-in and ignore the other customers, and then stayed in my room until I left.

Overall, my stay ended up being incident free, but I would not recommend any single women stay at this hotel by themselves. There are tons of hotels by the airport, including some very nice ones.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank spartanfan2006
There are newer reviews for Econolodge

Reviewed September 11, 2005

First of all I must say when you stay at any motel 6 you can't expect much which I didn't here. We only stayed here because we are from the area and had a very early morning flight and it was very convenient in addition to being cheap since we were only going to be there less then 7 hours. Second of all there were some good features about this location. They are right across from the airport, they have free parking for as long as you need it, the rates are very reasonable, and the room was very clean which I feel bad about having to complain.
However, they do not attract very good clientele. There are a lot of transient looking people who walk on the road in front of the location. When I checked in there was a guy hopped up on something trying to get a room, but didn't have enough money. When the clerk went to answer the phone he asked me for $20.00 to pay for his room but I refused. Then when the clerk returned he told her he was going to go to the car and get some money.
My husband was waiting in the car while I checked in and this guy actually had the nerve to go up to him in the car and tell my husband I said to ask him for some money to pay for his room!
I understand this hotel couldn't control this, But! there was a police sub-station inside of the lobby! The clerk acting like this type of thing happens all the time. Neither was she or the clerk I checked out with very friendly.
That's pretty bad when the hotel has to have a sub-station inside of it.
I would strongly advise spending the extra money and stay somewhere that cares about the safety of their guests.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank lakecity21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Econolodge? Share your experiences!