“Decent motel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Belton
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was a decent motel, nothing exceptional or deficient. The room was clean and well equipped. Has a small desk/table to do some work on. Everything worked. Bed was good, linens in good shape, and AC was quiet. It has washer/dryer but soap is not available-head to dollar store. I like the old fashioned drive up to the door motels, they are so easy to get into and out of. Walked across the parking lot to IHOP. One thing is that I believe the front desk clerk is actually an alien or robot. She has the script memorized and the personality of a rock. She's like dealing with an ATM. Overall it was a decent place- I'd go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The front desk lady was rude and yelled at us. The rooms stink, very dirty we wanted a refund And they refused to refund our money after only 30 min. The carpet is discusting rooms are tiny and ill say it again ThE ROOM STUNK so bad it smelt like a dead rat!!!:( save your money it over priced and stunk!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Casie81
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is not a$70.00 motel. It is more like a $45.00. Very out dated. The people was very nice and help full.. Was not enough lighting in the rooms. Small bath room. Carpet had something sticky on it by the heater.

Room Tip: Always look at the rooms before you rent them.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would like to stay there. Warm welcoming from Front desk clerk. Room was pretty clean. Good Break fast as complimentary. Price were really reasonable.The evening desk clerk has been the same each time I've stayed in the November 2012 and he gets you quickly checked-in and then calls later to make sure all is well with the room. The location is great - just off US-71. There are Ihope within walking distance same the parking lot. Other restaurants and shopping are just across the street. The beds are comfortable, the wireless internet is fast and easy to connect to, great workdesk space. Only suggestion I would have is the TVs are dated and need to be replaced.

Room Tip: yes, It will help a lot
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I got there, even though I had a reservation, they didn't know if there was a room for me. Apparently, they had flooding and rooms weren't cleaned. As I was trying desperately to find another motel, they miraculously had a room available. I questioned them if it was clean, being I heard them talking about the rooms not being cleaned. They assured me they were ------ Horrible, horrible, horrible. I had a non-smoking room that smelled of smoke. We actually checked for bed bugs it was so dirty. (Slept on top of the covers). Unfortunately, there was not another motel around available. The next morning I noticed under the table a spider web with eggs in it. There were webs on the ceiling and lamp. Black dots (not paint) on the ceiling. We decided not to check too closely, being we had to stay. I would never ever recommend this motel. Next time, I'd sleep in my car instead of one of those rooms.
EditDelete

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank geiler
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Belton Econolodge. I have to say this isn´t a great place, but is IS cheap. The room I stayed in, 119 had light bulbs burned out by the bed, I thought the inside door knob was missing until i looked on the floor, and it was laying there. The light in the bathroom was held up to the ceiling by scotch tape. The room smelled musty like my grandmas basement and the internet connection is very unstable and diconnects alot. The morning breakfast offers waffles,off brand powdered donuts and honey buns, and assorted cereals served from the old coin style candy machines. Definitely not a place to bring a new bride or your mistress but if you need a cheap bed, it beats the homeless shelter downtown. The clerk wasn´t that bad but reminded me somewhat of a robot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed for one night just passing through. The clerk was not very friendly, and when I went to get extra towels, she was sitting outside the hotel office door smoking. The room was clean, appeared to have new carpeting, and the bed was good; however, there were patched, unpainted places in the room and there was someone else's trash in the trash can. Price was mid-range.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Classact102

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!