“Great Eatery”

Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Belton
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Jose Peppers always has great service and good food. Suitable for friends, couples, families or solos, it's a nice casual respite to enjoy a good Tex-Mex meal. The only bad experience I've had is waiting to be seated during off-meal hours, and even then it wasn't more than a few minutes rather than the normal immediate seating.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

In the past 25 years, I've eaten a lot of Tex-Mex at a lot of restaurants in a lot of cities. I've had some great food, and a lot of not so great food. Jose Pepper's continues to offer some of the best Tex-Mex that I've ever eaten.

No matter which Jose Pepper's restaurant one might visit, the food is consistent and consistently good. Forget the "it's not authentic Mexican" lament. Authentic Mexican food is mostly bland and unexciting. Jose Pepper's offers plenty of tasty, flavorful food at reasonable prices, in a fun and inviting environment.

The restaurant in Belton is the only restaurant in town that is consistently packed every evening of the week, especially after 6pm. People come to town from the surrounding small communities to eat at Jose Pepper's.

The chips and salsa are the best that I've had from any Tex-Mex place, period. Light, thin and crispy, and the salsa is packed with flavor without being "hot". The espinaca dip is to die for. I wish that I could buy it in 5 gallon buckets.

The wife and I have figured out that we can order a single plate of nachos, complement them with the chips and salsa and a coupon for free espinaca, and walk out of the restaurant stuffed to the gills for $11 or $12. We used to be able to do it for $9 until prices went up.

There are a few other Tex-Mex restaurants in the area that we like about as much as Jose Pepper's, but we can always count on a satisfying dining experience at any of the Pepper's restaurants that we might choose to visit.

1  Thank larryf1952
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food was great and you could not had ask for a nicer bush of people. They went out of there way so we could have a birthday party and a collage graduation.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Food was nothing to brag about. Something I could have fixed at home. Service was good. A little pricey for what we had to eat.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a good Mexican restaurant. The food and service were good. Try the 25th anniversary margarita. It is very good.