“Great BBQ, Great Service”
Review of Snead's Bar B-Q

Snead's Bar B-Q
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Augusta, Kansas
“Great BBQ, Great Service”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I chose this over a Jack Stack BBQ since we have had Jack Stack and this looked local. The food is quite tasty: I had the three meat dinner and my wife had the two meat dinner. Great flavored meats. I liked the slaw and the beans were awesome. Clean restroom. Attentive staff. Great food for a great price! The place is sort of funky, but in a good way.

• Visited March 2014

Overland Park, Kansas, USA
“Good old school place”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We ate at Snead's on Christmas eve this year for the first time. We went with someone that ate here as a child with his grandparents and has very fond memories. Overall it lived up to his memory, and we all enjoyed what we ordered. Three of us ordered the burnt ends and all agreed they are good. Much larger portion than I expected. Everyone has a different feel for bbq. I thought it was good. My wife said it is not quite up to OK Joe's. Another member of our group had a smoked chicken that was good. And the non-bbq eater said the fried chicken tenders were surprisingly good. The sides were all very good and a great dessert. And our server that day was great. I would recommend as a fun place to eat for a throw back type experience.

Visited December 2013
Belton, Missouri, United States
“More than really good Bar B-Q”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have eaten at Sneads for more than 40 years very good BBQ excellent prime rib on Friday and Saturday and some of the best smoked wings I have ever had great food great service and a comfortable place to eat I highly recommend Sneads

• Visited December 2013
Lake Jackson, Texas
“A Belton area institution”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Snead's has been in the Belton area for decades. The BBQ style is smoked very lean meats served with toast and fries. The regular sauce is fairly typical, but ask for the hot sauce - it is unique.

This style of barbecue used to be in about three local places with the same basic recipe, and this is the last.

Highlights are the very lean meats, ribs, and my favorite - burnt end beef.

Lowlights: The portion sizes have gotten small, and a small plate is pretty skimpy. The hot sauce recipe has changed in the last couple of years, so while still good and unusual, it's not as good as it used to be.

Visited December 2013
Arizona
“First visit to a "BBQ Landmark" was a disappointment”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My family moved to Martin City in 1953 and then to Grandview in 1956, so I lived near Snead's for many years and always heard great things about it. Growing up, my family always went to the original Smokestack down on 71 highway for barbeque--I remember the '89er sandwich which actually cost 89 cents; but that's another story!!! I was back in KC for a visit a couple of weeks ago and went to Snead's for the first time ever to get some takeout. Now I know why our family always went to Smokestack. I had a $30 Amazon deal and ordered two pounds of brisket, a pound of pulled pork, and a quart of beans. I was there on Sunday afternoon around 3 PM after the Chiefs-Raiders game. When I got to my brother's house near Smithville (40 miles away and the aroma was driving me crazy all the way!) and actually tasted the meat, I was so disappointed!! The brisket had smoke ring along only one long edge and was so dry and flavorless, I couldn't believe it! If you like your meat with absolutely NO FAT on it, this is your place; I could have made better brisket baking one in my oven at home until it was completely dried out. Adding the supplied sauce made it at least edible, but it was still absolutely dry. The pulled pork was just OK, but the beans were very good--the beans are the only reason I gave them two bullets instead of one. The restaurant was almost empty at that time of day, and maybe I got left-over meat from the day before (maybe since I had the discount and/or was getting take-out), and they started serving the fresh meat for the dinner crowd later. If I got left-overs that might explain the dry meat. If not, I guess that's just a reflection of their quality. I'm glad most of the other reviewers had a great experience, but I was really disappointed. The only consolation is that at least I got the meats for half price.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Snead's Bar B-Q? Share your experiences!