“Everything expected and then some”
Review of Snead's Bar B-Q

Snead's Bar B-Q
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Everything expected and then some”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It's not easy to call a place up, (even well in advance) and tell them you want to come by with a boys soccer team and their parents on a Saturday evening! Some places gag, some politely decline and others step up to the plate. Snead's? "We'll be ready for you!"

When we began arriving a 7:30 pm, (15 minutes late, the parking lot was packed). If you look for fancy blacktop, painted lines or, EGADS...valet parking...you won't find it here. Snead's is the kind of place that would be at home on "Diners, Drive-In's and Dives"...you know...the places where folks are friendly and the food is GOOD!

I'm going to tell you about what I had, coz it covered a variety of items. I ordered "Three of a kind" (Beef Brownies, [burnt ends of brisket], pulled pork and sliced pork. I understand it is traditional to have the BBQ SAUCE at the table...leaving it to the patron to determine what kind and how much they may or may not want. I am NOT a "hot sauce" person, so found the mild, sweeter bbq sauce perfectly to my liking. The HOT sauce was plenty venemous...and some at the long table really loved it! (I guess I'm a wuss). The meats were tender and flavorful on their own, so even if you don't LIKE BBQ you can have good meat without. I had a side of "beans from the pit"...I cannot tell you how good THAT was...and hand-cut fries. Thinking about the small "complimentary" coleslaw I got, I now wish I'd gotten the DELICIOUS slaw instead of the fries. (They were terrific...but I've had fries as good)...the slaw was probably #2 or #3 on my all time slaw-tasting list!!! LOL

Though we hit the place with 25 people during a busy time, they had a dining room, (nothing fancy), ready for us. We'd already "gotten down" the "match the uniform number with the meal and the parents" routine...and they didn't screw up anything as far as I know! The cost of the entire meal, including beverages was about $16 or so. I think the whole room averaged about $15! So...if you find yourself in south Kansas City...toodle on down Holmes Rd and 171st Street, (Belton, Missouri). You should be glad you did!

• Visited May 2013

VA
“49 years”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I first ate here 49 years ago. The building was expanded, the portions downsized a bit, but much is still the same. Especially the burnt ends/ brownies. Eat here, then up the road at Fiorellas stack and you'll have had all the kc BBQ you need to sample. Ok, maybe lunch at Arthur Bryant's when you take in the Jazz Museum. But definitely try Sneads.

Beaverton, Oregon
“Delicious BBQ”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This family-owned restaurant has delicious barbecued meats. The beans and coleslaw are also very tasty (this is the only place I will eat baked beans).

Kansas City
“Awesome food and great service.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When you walk in it feels warm and welcoming. Service was great, waitress very friendly and helpful.Drinks were always full and food came quick. Prices are low for the quality of the food. Ribs hot and tender, easy to take off the bone. With a sweet tangy sauce optional, Snead's bbq is great with and without sauce. Overall amazing experience!

Athens, Alabama
“Always A Good Choice”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been eating at Snead's for about 20 years, whenever I'm in the area. I usually get the beef sandwich on the long roll which is consistenly lean, smokey and just a little chewy. I also get the hot sauce which is by request, a really different taste with lots of zip. The fries served with the sandwich are hand cut and decent. Also on the side is about a heaping tablespoon of slaw-very good but why so small? It's a different place-not your run-of the-mill.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Snead's Bar B-Q? Share your experiences!