“Doesn't change; Still as good as ever!”
Review of Snead's Bar B-Q

Snead's Bar B-Q
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Texas
“Doesn't change; Still as good as ever!”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Have been dining here off & on since the 1970's. Atmosphere is rustic-comfortable (think formica tables-1950's, it's a BBQ joint, drawing much of it's clientel from surrounding farming communities.) Should be listed under "Kansas City" because it rivals many well known BBQ institutions in that fair city. It is a fair drive out there, but well worth the trip (171st and Holmes on the far South & East side of KC.) My wife and I lived in the K.C. area for almost 40 years and had favorite BBQ places come & go until they were discovered and the quality diminished due to sheer volume of servings produced; this place remains somewhat undiscovered because of it's distance from the City and somewhat hard to get-to location (try Mo. Rt.. 58 out of Belton and you will understand where I am coming from.) Now the culinary review; bear with me!
Our party of six (four adults and two children) had BBQ chicken, two orders of Brownies, (burnt ends-but not burnt), a children's sliced brisket sandwich and a children's grilled cheese sandwich plate. All entrees were very good and the skin-on french fries were outstanding. The picky-eater Children ate as one might expect, but tried everything on their plates. Total bill for six patrons? About $50. What a bargain!
Somethings never change and Snead's seems to be one of them! We highly recommend and we will continue to patronize them as long as the family keeps this restaurant going!

• Visited December 2011

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food - rustic decor”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I definitely think Snead's is a great find. I love the log sandwich. My preference is to do a mix of the sweet and spicy sauce on it. I have also had the ribs which are very good but not as good as the log sandwich (IMHO). It is worth the drive to belton.

• Visited October 2011
Mayview, Missouri
“Great BBQ for a very reasonable price.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband & I had always wanted to visit this BBQ place when I lived in a town near here...we just never got it done. In April-Groupon had a deal to buy $20 in a gift certificate for $10. SCORE!
Prices are very reasonable and the portions are very generous. Hubby & I both had the 2 meat dinner and we had enough for leftovers the next day.
The brisket was very lean. The pulled pork was ok-I prefer to have my meats dry and then dip them in BBQ sauce. Theirs comes with the sauce on it and it's a bit different than their BBQ sauces sitting on the table.
The fries were handcut. My mom had the mac & cheese (3 cheeses) and it was good.

You definitely can't beat the food for the price.

The only recommendation I have is if you have a large party, send someone ahead or call ahead. We had to wait for 3 parties (30, 18, 20 each) to get seated & served before we could sit down even though there were empty tables. But the staff was accomodating to us-they let us order our drinks ahead of time. It was warm. It worked out and we would definitely go again!

• Visited May 2011
New Jersey
“Awesome Barbecue”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Everytime I'm in Belton I gotta go to Snead's. My personal favs are the brisket and the brownies (burnt ends). I usually get a three meat plate for a nice variety. They have 2 delicious sauces (their own recipe) at each table. I like to mix the 2 flavors and dip my bbq. The meat is cooked perfectly and you can add as much or as little sauce as you want. It looks like a dive and smells like the most wonderful bbq ever, this place is a definite classic. If you like juicy, tender bbq without all the sauce slopped on, you will love Snead's.

Been to Snead's Bar B-Q? Share your experiences!