“Awesome Strawberry Cake”

Country Keepsakes Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Belton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Been longing for a taste of home? You'll find that and so much more at The Tearoom by Country Keepsakes, located in the heart of historic downtown Belton. The Tearoom has been family-owned and operated for over 30 years, dishing up our very own brand of down-home upscale fare... served with a smile... by the mother/daughter duo of Bev Bruce and Molly Fries. Whether you're a regular, or have never visited before, we'll do our best to make you feel like family. We look forward to seeing our old friends again, and love meeting new ones... we hope to see you super soon! Our Hours of Operation: * Lunch Served Daily Monday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ***Mondays following a Sunday Brunch the Tea Room is Closed * Sunday Brunch Buffet Served the 2nd Sunday of the Month (from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) Also open on Thanksgiving, Mother's Day & Easter for our classic Tearoom Buffet by reservation only. (We are always closed the Monday following a Sunday Brunch as well as Holiday buffets.) * Private Parties by Reservation Only * Off-Site Catering also Available! Please Note: We're a small, family business and as such, our hours of operation and Sunday Brunch schedule can occasionally be subject to change depending on family commitments, staffing, weather conditions, or the like -- please check our website for details or updates to our schedule. The Tearoom by Country Keepsakes | 501 Main Belton, MO 64012 | 816.348.788
Kansas City
“Awesome Strawberry Cake”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went to the tea room on the recommendation of Trip Advisor users. I was escorting two ladies in their 80's and all three of us enjoyed it very much. Not to be missed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ben1500

“A cute little place, with surprisingly amazing, homemade cuisine!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I room my Mother to this place for a lunch date yesterday! We had a great time! From what I gathered, A mother/daughter combo run the show. The not only have the restaurant , but they also offer catering. The have two specialty iced teas and a featured hot tea that changed weekly. They also offer a variety of other hot/iced teas. Their menu changes weekly, which I thought was odd at first thought, but when I realized that everything is homemade it made perfect sense! We shared a delightful Ruben sandwich, that sported HOMEMADE corned beef- ( who knew you could make that?) , cups of the potato soup, and shared fresh blackberry cobbler for desert! It was all amazing! Seriously, everyone needs to try it! My con list with the tea room is small, but it needs to be stated. First, the service is good, but a touch slow, maybe they were short staffed yesterday as I hope that wasn't the norm. There were two women, presumably the owners, who were doing everything(seating, serving,cleaning, and cashing patrons out). Too much for two people, it is no surprise that the service was slow. Secondly, and finally the hours are terrible, I
mean completely inconvenient. 11-2 during the week and some weekends, but not all weekend on those specific ones, and some random days they are closed... I understand that the are most likely scheduling around their lives, but not a good way to run a business. If I find a place I like to like to eat, I just want to be able to go, I don't want to have to go online and check the business's calendar to make sure that they are going to be open! More consistent hours would improve their business!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Alwyzonthego
Fort Worth, Texas
“Talk about WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is by far the best tea room that my daughter and I have been to. The food was great and the prices are very reasonable! The selection of tea is out of this world. Also, anyone that is counting points for WW, this is the place. The owner came by our table and asked if everything was ok...I said, "yes, it is wonderful." She noticed that I had only eaten half of the item ordered...I said, I am a lifetime WW, so I need to keep my points in check. She replied, oh, that is only 8 points, that is 2, that is 3 and so forth! It was such an unexpected delight! She explained that she was also a WW member. It is so nice to go somewhere and relax and not worry about the points...:)
Again, wonderful, fun, sweet, relaxing, homey, and just a "NICE HIGHLIGHT" of Belton. We plan on taking my Mother and Mother-In-Law for Mother's Day!
Please take the time to stop...it is off of 71, but SOOOO worth it!

• Visited January 2013
Kansas City
“Good country food, but pricey.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My daughter's love the country feel of this restaurant and if you look around, most diners are women. It is a very intimate restaurant and the atmosphere provides good times for conversation. Food quality is good, country, old-fashioned cooking. It is a bit pricey for the value.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank AdventurousKC
Leawood, Kansas
“Great place for Sat lunch with the girls”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food, nice area for shopping afterwards. Can't beat their hot tea selections and home made desserts.

Visited August 2012