“A cute little place, with surprisingly amazing, homemade cuisine!”

Country Keepsakes Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Belton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“A cute little place, with surprisingly amazing, homemade cuisine!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I room my Mother to this place for a lunch date yesterday! We had a great time! From what I gathered, A mother/daughter combo run the show. The not only have the restaurant , but they also offer catering. The have two specialty iced teas and a featured hot tea that changed weekly. They also offer a variety of other hot/iced teas. Their menu changes weekly, which I thought was odd at first thought, but when I realized that everything is homemade it made perfect sense! We shared a delightful Ruben sandwich, that sported HOMEMADE corned beef- ( who knew you could make that?) , cups of the potato soup, and shared fresh blackberry cobbler for desert! It was all amazing! Seriously, everyone needs to try it! My con list with the tea room is small, but it needs to be stated. First, the service is good, but a touch slow, maybe they were short staffed yesterday as I hope that wasn't the norm. There were two women, presumably the owners, who were doing everything(seating, serving,cleaning, and cashing patrons out). Too much for two people, it is no surprise that the service was slow. Secondly, and finally the hours are terrible, I
mean completely inconvenient. 11-2 during the week and some weekends, but not all weekend on those specific ones, and some random days they are closed... I understand that the are most likely scheduling around their lives, but not a good way to run a business. If I find a place I like to like to eat, I just want to be able to go, I don't want to have to go online and check the business's calendar to make sure that they are going to be open! More consistent hours would improve their business!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Alwyzonthego

Fort Worth, Texas
“Talk about WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is by far the best tea room that my daughter and I have been to. The food was great and the prices are very reasonable! The selection of tea is out of this world. Also, anyone that is counting points for WW, this is the place. The owner came by our table and asked if everything was ok...I said, "yes, it is wonderful." She noticed that I had only eaten half of the item ordered...I said, I am a lifetime WW, so I need to keep my points in check. She replied, oh, that is only 8 points, that is 2, that is 3 and so forth! It was such an unexpected delight! She explained that she was also a WW member. It is so nice to go somewhere and relax and not worry about the points...:)
Again, wonderful, fun, sweet, relaxing, homey, and just a "NICE HIGHLIGHT" of Belton. We plan on taking my Mother and Mother-In-Law for Mother's Day!
Please take the time to stop...it is off of 71, but SOOOO worth it!

• Visited January 2013
Kansas City
“Good country food, but pricey.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My daughter's love the country feel of this restaurant and if you look around, most diners are women. It is a very intimate restaurant and the atmosphere provides good times for conversation. Food quality is good, country, old-fashioned cooking. It is a bit pricey for the value.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank AdventurousKC
Leawood, Kansas
“Great place for Sat lunch with the girls”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food, nice area for shopping afterwards. Can't beat their hot tea selections and home made desserts.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank T F
Belton, Missouri
“Best thing about Belton”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Upon opening the door to the Tearoom I found myself in a warm, homey atmosphere that was welcoming & relaxing. The smell of fresh bread lingered in the air, family pictures adorn the walls, and smiling faces waited on me.
This is a mother daughter owned and operated restaurant, don't let the Tearoom name fool you. It is very comfortable for men, and the food is outstanding.
The Tearoom features a weekly changing menu, large tea menu, beer, wine, sodas, and AMAZING desserts.
One of the house specialties is a Quiche made in a potato crust with broccoli, ham, and cheese. Quiche not for you the last time I went they had a hot beef sandwich, chicken and noodles I think they have something for everyone.

I have been to the Tearoom several times and it is worth a stop. They also are open on Thanksgiving, Mothers Day, and Easter.

The Tearoom is located just off the main drag 58 highway (which is really just a 4 lane road not a highway at all) in the Downtown area. It is very cute there are antique stores, city hall, Carrie A. Nation Museum, working railroad, and a few other store fronts. It is not a cookie cutter area you find good local businesses that are a great way to burn off the dessert you should eat when you dine at the Tearoom.
Definitely check it out if you are passing though on 71 highway you will be very happy you did. I was.

• Visited September 2012