“Ok, according to what you are expecting.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Belton
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a lot and it is kind of a "blue collar" hotel, with contractors & military staying there in addition to others. I'd just say you get what you expect, nothing special, but reasonable room rates for the most part. The beds were clean and always changed.

There is a Holiday Inn Express close-by for someone wanting something a little more upscale. As an occassional smoker I preferred this hotel as it offered smoking rooms and I enjoyed the sliding windows allowing ventalation and I enjoy the fresh breeze of the outdoors.
They are now going to all smoke-free so regrettably they will lose my business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed here in the past so I was surprised at how is has gone downhill. When we checked in we were put on the 2nd floor which was surprising since it was not very busy. When we came in the back door we were immediately accosted by a strong mildew smell. We saw multiple blower/dryers on the first floor and plastic sheets hanging down. When we got to the second floor the mildew smell became mixed w/ old cigarette smell. It was terrible. My husband and I immediately became horribly stuffed up. My husband went to the front desk to ask about the smell & was informed that they had burst pipes and the sprinkler system had gone off a few days early. Totally flooding the first floor. My husband responded that I was miserable and they asked why...He said the smell...they said oh we didnt notice. NO apology or sorry about that.... We should have been informed about the problems so we could have switched hotels. Even my young children were uncomfortable with the stink. Happy to see they are building a new Hotel down the road. That is where we will stay from now on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sunshineseeker224
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a week at the Belton, Missouri Comfort Inn. It is a reasonalbly priced motel. Pros: Helpful staff, friendly help in the breakfast room, clean rooms. Cons: Smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms located on the same floor. Mail hallway always smells of smoke. Exterior door on south-side bangs when it shuts, right next to our room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are next to a bar and grill, nosiey at night. Room beside exterior doors sho...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We attended a church event for labor day weekend in Grandview Mo. The church paid for our rooms. The understanding that we had was that the church would pay for the room and tax only for 4 nights. Anything else,
Incidentals, other fees would be the guest responsibility. I called 2 weeks before check in and informed an employee that i had a pet. She advised me that there is a $100 pet fee when i checked in. I told her that i would pay it since it was not the church's responsibility to pay. Well, when we checked in on that Friday August 31, the man that checked us in told me that there are no pets allowed on the property. I told him that i had spoken to an employee, who happened to be the property manager that booked the reservation and advised me of the pet fee. He told me to talk to the person who made the arrangements with me and i did the next day Saturday and that employee told me that i have up until the time we check out which would have been the 4th of September after labor day to pay the $100 fee. When i got back from the church event on Saturday afternoon, the young man that checked me in on Friday, told me that i have to pay a $100 fine for "sneaking my pet in" which i declared on Friday to him. But, he said "he didn't remember." And my pet had to leave. I checked out very upset and my family (kids and a 12 month old baby) stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn on blue ridge in Kansas city Mo. This area of town was a drug/ war zone totally unsafe for my kids. Prostitutes etc. I had to use our blankets so that my kids would not get infected because the rooms stunk and were not sanitized. This hotel was slummy! This was all i could find considering that it was labor day and there was no availability for a decent hotel room in the area. Sunday morning, we packed up and thank god that i was able to find the pear tree inn in overland park Kansas (10 miles from the church in Missouri) for a very good price per night. More than i expected. The staff at the Pear Tree inn was very nice and helpful and the rooms were very clean. The rest of our weekend went very nice. However, we missed Sunday morning service because we went to another hotel. This comfort inn in Belton Mo billed the church 1 extra night for $65 after we checked out for Saturday. We stayed 1 night at the Comfort Inn and the comfort inn billed the church for 2 nights. This is very dishonest. Because of this, i will never stay at another comfort inn ever because of these people. They are dishonest and the management is terrible. She lied about the reservation from the beginning when i confronted her on Monday. I brought my dog with me 850 miles when i could made arrangements with a family member in NM to leave the pet. When we go on vacation, i always take my dog with us. I will not stay at a hotel that does not allow pets. I have paid in California and in Florida 3x more for an average hotel room and stayed in a smoking room because of our pet. I felt that i did the right thing by calling the comfort inn in Belton Missouri and making arrangements from the beginning before i left my house and declared my pet. Because of this employee/hotel manager, it ruined our event that i was looking forward too. Don't stay there. You can not trust these people. They are dishonest. The service was absolutely terrible.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank leeromero
garypatel, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hello, my name is Gary and I'm the owner of the comfort inn in Belton, MO.
First off, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us,and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We have a strict no pet policy and have had this policy for many years. The staff is well aware of this and I have never had any employee tell a customer that they could keep a pet. We do allow pets to stay outdoors in our dog house for free, but due to past issues with pets, we do not allow pets in our rooms. If an employee did tell you that you could keep a pet, I apologize for this.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Besides the warm hot breakfast in the morning this place is not an ideal place to stay for an extended amount of time. On a business trip and stayed for a couple days. Pool was not in working order, bathrooms are falling apart and have rust stains on shower head, door stuck, stains on toilet and rooms did not cool properly. You could hear the creaking of the floor from people walking up above you, banging on the wall as well as the wall shakes when people close their doors. Customer service is pretty good at night but staff not dressed very professionally. I would definately pay a little extra to go stay at a more upscale hotel if staying for a long period of time. However, this would be a place to stay if just passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J C
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the only hotel in this area I would stay in.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank ashkea1920
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We have stayed here about once a month for several years now, and the remodel helped a lot. The rooms are nicely appointed with comfortable beds.
The down side, is the "see through" bath towels (only two) that are hard to dry off with. The other is the smoking rooms on the first floor, stink up the hallway to the point of smelling as bad as the sports bar next door. For a non smoker, this is choking off our air supply!

Room Tip: Avoid any room near the front or near the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mickeynbranson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belton
Hampton Inn Belton / Kansas City area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview
Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!