“Pleasantly SURPRISED”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winona
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I would recommend this hotel for a weekend stay. It was a new and very nice, clean hotel and the front desk/restaurant employees were very very friendly. The HOT breakfast alone saved $$$ for my family. It wasn't just pastries, they offered hot eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and more. My teenage kids loved it. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. The fridge and micro in the room was a nice touch and we could not beat the price of the room since we got a deal on priceline naming our own price. And they also were very nice when we asked for a late check out. We expected an hour or so and they gave us til 2pm which was awesome. We will definately stay again when we come back for hunting. Not staying anywhere else...in this area

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
ToniDay, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Thank you for the great review! We enjoy families coming to visit us, as a parent I know the hardship of finding breakfast for the family, getting everyone ready and then ... the cost. Our Free Hot Breakfast bar is just one way we try to take some stress out of family travel. Everyone is welcome to come down and enjoy on their schedule.
The 2pm check out is something we also offer to all of our priority club members. We dont want anyone to ever feel rushed to leave our hotel!
We look foward to having you and your family again next hunting season! Thank you again!

Reviewed January 31, 2011

The hospitality was great, the young lady Kendra was professional. The breakfast was gd . The gentleman Kendricks, he was friendly ,very helpful. I would recommend all my family when they come in town to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review! It once again thrills me to see our staff following our model of customer service. That is our focus here at the Holiday Inn Express - Winona North. We want our guest to feel like guest. We try our best to take the some stress out of your travels. I look foward to you and your family staying with us in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 26, 2010

Everything was great with this hotel. My wife and I have a 5 month old baby so we wanted to be able to get a good nights sleep so we decided to get a hotel. The rates were very high for the area but, thanks to the friends and family rate, the room rate was cut in half. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. This hotel was a great idea for Winona. Many of the families here travel to Memphis to host a family reunion. I see great things for this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Thank you! We are so happy you choose to stay with us! We have hosted lots of family reunions and have many more in the future! Winona has a deep appriciation for family and history making it a great place to reunite with loved ones. I look foward to you staying again next time your in town with your little one.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

This is by far the BEST hotel my wife and I had ever stayed in! Kendrick at the front desk upgraded us to a bigger room at NO CHARGE because he was compassionate enough to noticed that we had a 9 month old and needed a fridge in the room to keep her milk cold. I was floored when my wife said that we had been upgraded at no charge. This will be our regular stop to rest on our annual trips to IL & WI. Keep up the great work and compassionate thoughts!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

I love that you got that perk offered to you! We cannot always offer upgrades at no charge but sometimes the cards do fall in your favor and I'm so glad it did! Our suites are great rooms for a family because they offer more floor space and extra seating! We look foward to being your regular stop on your trips! One thing our staff loves is seeing someone return to our hotel! Thanks Again for the great review!!!

Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was by far THE best stay at any hotel ever!!! We have had many different stays, many! My hubby is a truck driver. We were going to do our laundry, the machines, brand new by the way, having problems getting online and running, no big deal, front desk says gather your laundry we'll do it for you...............NO CHARGE!! I arrived a little early for our stay, no problem, got checked in for my much needed nap!! Oh and had to mend a button on my hubby's uniform, not a problem, they deliver the sewing kit to our door. Service is a absolute dream here! I am not one to jump on and write reviews, but this hotel earned every keystroke!! Way to go Winona, MS!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you! Thank you! Holiday Inn Express - Winona North is focused on customer service! It is exciting when our guest pick up on it!
We do offer guest laundry but as you said if the machines dont want to coorperate or there are too many guest in need ... our front desk will be happy to take care of it for you at no charge!
It is impossible to plan a trip based on hotel check in and out times. We know that here in Winona, MS and if we can have a room ready before check in time for you we will! Also if you need to leave late that day we can offer all our Priority Club members a late check out up to 2 hours!
We offer lots of forgotten amminities at our front desk at no extra charge to you. I am so glad you were able to fix the button for your husband. We also have things such as toothbrushes, razors, shower caps, and much more! We want to ensure you are as comfortable as possible in your travels.
Thanks for taking time to review us! We look foward to your future stays!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

WOW! Thank goodness someone finally woke up and put a good hotel in the center of the state. The beds are comfy, the business center has a printer and a scanner, the rooms are comfy and housekeeping does a good job. The only issues I had with this hotel is that the evening/afternoon desk clerk is extraordinarily slow. I mean really slow. And My business extended over the weekend. I rode the elevator with a prostitute that walked through the lobby and stopped long enough to grin at the clerk. She proceeded to announce to hotel guests on the elevator that she was a working woman. I hope management shuts this down before it turns into a problem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. As the Director of Sales I am focused on ensuring the business cliential are comfortable and able to work from the hotel if need be. Our business center and high speed internet allow them to do just that!
As far as your check in, I am sorry it took some extra time. We have since improved our check in proceedure and try to get everyone to their rooms in a timely matter.
I am so sorry you had a visitor on the elevator with you. We have taken care of that sitiuation and have our staff aware that it can happen even in a nice hotel. We focus on who is coming through and ensure safty for all our guest. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention!

Reviewed July 29, 2010

We road trip along I-55 often to visit family and friends, and stay in hotels in north Mississippi almost every time, as it is our halfway point. This time we were traveling and felt that we could keep going, but were worried that we would not be able to get all the way to Jackson- much to our surprise, this hotel materialized. Our middle of the night stop for sleep turned out to be one of our favorite stops ever, especially along this corridor. Our check in was easy-- we were greeted by a desk manager who was alert and articulate, a daytime experience with the night person! The room was clean, well thought out, and full of great details to ensure that guests have a good experience. The beds are comfortable, the technology modern, and everything was in place.
I am an Occupational Therapist. Because of our late night trips, we are often placed in accessible rooms. I was incredibly impressed with the design and accessibility of this space. It was at the level or better than what I imagine is the best case scenario for anyone needing this feature. I plan to talk about this space in my classroom as well, as I teach at a university. It was by far the best designed accessible space that I have ever seen in a hotel. Kudos to this hotel for doing homework with the ADA before building the space.
We will stay here again. And again. And again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling along I-55. Enjoy your trip!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jretpe
ToniDay, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review on your stay with us! I am glad to see that you noticed the efforts we put into our accessible rooms. Ensuring all of our guest have a comfortable stay is most important to us. We do have a strong selection of accessible rooms. Not only do we have smoking and non smoking accessible rooms, we also have Single King Standard, and both Single King and Two Queen bed Suites! These rooms are more spacious then the standard rooms. We look forward to welcoming you in the future and continuing to serve you! Please feel free to log onto Holiday Inn Express' website to reserve your next room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Grenada
Alluvian Hotel
Alluvian Hotel
#2 of 8 in Greenwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North? Share your experiences!