“Very nice hotel, convenient to Hwy 55.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winona
St. Louis
“Very nice hotel, convenient to Hwy 55.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stopped at this hotel as a mid point between St. Louis and New Orleans, so we didn't actually stay very long since we arrived around midnight and left by 8a the following day. However, we really enjoyed our (short) stay. The hotel has a new, clean, bright vibe to it. The rooms were nice and the complimentary breakfast was fairly expansive, including pancakes and cinnamon rolls, in addition to the standard offerings. Parking space is ample, and the staff is very helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had a REALLY bad experience with a truck rental (where you do the hauling) and stayed there overnight after the wheel bearings burned out and set fire to a car trailer. Went to this hotel after waiting by the highway several hours for that other crowd to get their act together. The hotel was fairly new and I would say excellent if it had been quieter. The room was clean (a little worn) and nice... a welcome respite after a bad day. Could use some intervention with the guests who get noisy and some insulation under the doors to mask it.

Room Tip: Top floor of the building might be better to avoid noisy kids in the halls.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cleveland, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were tired from a long day of visiting clients on our way from New Orleans to Memphis TN. We just couldn't go another mile and found this nice hotel. The price was right and the staff friendly. The room was comfortable. Free WiFi and breakfast....I would stop here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

From the time we walked in and were greeted by a friendly front office staff to the free bottles of water and amazing raspberry cheesecake cookies to our breakfast the next morning everything was perfect! Our bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and wifi worked super fast! We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank oneyearride
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. If you are looking for a nice,clean place to relax and regroup, this is the place. The entire staff goes out of their way to provide prompt service with a smile. Very professional,friendly and courteous. This was a repeat stay for my family and we were just as pleased on this occasion as in the past.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I did not stay at this hotel but wanted to send a gift to a friend staying for work travel. I called the front desk and asked if they could recommend local florists or gifts shops and she responded with "FedEx and UPS". I asked the question again and she said she didn't know.
I did end up finding a local gift shop (City Trading Post, Winona and FANTASTIC customer service) and they said it would be delivered before 5:00pm with my friend's name and room number and request they deliver to the room.
I called the hotel around 5:30pm to ask if they has received the delivery and if they would deliver to the room. The man at the front desk put me on hold to check, I waiting a couple minutes and it started ringing again. He picked up again and I reminded him why I was on hold. He took down my phone number and said he would call me back to let me know what he finds out. It's been a couple hours and I have not heard anything yet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Toni D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am sorry for the misunderstanding when you called the front desk. We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites enjoy when our guest receive a special gift or delivery. Items maybe delivered or shipped to the hotel and we will gladly let the guest know. I am sorry for the delay in the front desk getting back with you and I will review the answers to your questions with them. I am so happy you found our great friends at City Trading Post and that they were able to assist you.
Ruston, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a suite. The hotel was clean and nice, but there was a musty, mildew odor in the hallway. We never smelled this in the room but in the hallway on both the second and third floor. The room was clean, but did remind me somewhat of a hospital room. The sofa was hard for my elderly parents to sit on and there was nowhere else to sit in the room except in a desk chair that flipped backwards very easily. The beds were hard and uncomfortable, not at all what I expected from a Holiday Inn. When we asked for an armchair one was delivered to us quickly. The pool was nice, but could have been cleaner. There was dirt in the bottom as well as quite a few large dead spiders. Breakfast was good for a continental breakfast. Overall, the hotel was ok, but it could have been better for the price. I have stayed in nicer hotels for much less per night. I do have to say that it was a very quiet place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Toni D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I want to say I am very sorry for any discomfort you had while at our hotel. We want to always make our guest as comfortable as possible. We did detect a odor in that hallway and did shampoo it. We are sorry we did not detect it prior to your arrival. Please give us another chance and we will do everything we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Alluvian Hotel
#1 of 8 in Greenwood
4.5 of 5 stars 188 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Grenada

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North? Share your experiences!