“Great SLeep Over when traveling I-55 with famiLy.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winona
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great SLeep Over when traveling I-55 with famiLy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Late; one room available, But hubby reserved the suite @ $129. One Big room w/ Two Queen Beds, couch w/one TV. Hotel is Very New. Close to highway; on frontage road- easier & faster hwy access than the next Holiday Inn Express in Granada, MS (a few miles north). Rooms are spacious with nice modern decor. Suites are next to elevator - easy access! Beds are comfortable w/nice bedding. The outdoor Pool looked soooo inviting at 6:30am; bright & blue!! Breakfast was the 'normal' H.I.Express: eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, bagels, cereal. I was suprised to see No Fruit! only 2 bananas on the bar. 'Jan' was very helpful & kind with a warm smile to help our early morning with kids.
Our only concern; bath water is brown... We called the front desk to see if it was rust in the pipes.... But they assured us it was iron and the city is working on it. They offered us bottled water. I am sure this is a temporary problem. We will stay here again when traveling back & forth!
(Another reason I love Trip Advisor-- I can remind myself that I will stay here again) ;)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank GenesisPure
Toni D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We do have a great location to get you back on the road rather traveling 55 or 82! Unfortunately, I have to say that is not completely true about the water. Its brownish color is a result of too much iron in the water and it is a city wide concern. although discolored, it is very safe (we do have a letter at the front desk from the City of Winona for your viewing). That said we always have bottled water at the front desk for any need. Please come back soon and have a wonderful breakfast with our Ms. Jan!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Murfreesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

traveling through on a motorcycle, we stayed here to avoid a storm. this was our 6th hotel in as many nights. it was by far the best one. the room was spacious, clean and quiet. the price was reasonable and the free beer and cupcake was a nice bonus. the staff was polite and do sweet. we highly recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Toni D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad we were able to shelter you from the storm!
Our focus in Winona is customer service and great quality. It always makes me happy when guest pick up on what we work so hard to deliver.
We do have the beer on draft Monday to Thursday nights free for our guest and a little something for that sweet tooth.
I hope you find your way back to us again soon!
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property was on the higher end of the spectrum for this brand. Convenient location with an above average outdoor pool. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was incredbily welcoming and friendly. If you are between Jackson and Memphis this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for all the kind words!
We work hard to deliver a great stay to all our guest! Our staff works hard to welcome you and give you that home away from home feel. We do keep our outdoor pool open year round, so even when it is cold out we still have a nice view and welcome you always to have a seat around it!
We hope you will find your way back to us when in the area! Again Thank you for taking the time to review us!
macomb, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed Dec. 28th. We contemplated staying in Memphis but decided to keep driving until we found another town. We were pleasantly surprised to find this Holiday Inn along our travels and so nice inside the lobby and in the rooms. The staff were very friendly and great to converse with.(two ladies the morning of 29th at front desk)- ie, about the cardinals on the Christmas tree:). We paid $109 I believe and there is a complimentary breakfast. The wifi is free, however would not stay connected making it difficult to do anything on my computer. The beds were very comfortable and decorated more modern that usual which was a nice touch....also flat screen tvs. It was too cold to swim but I did see a pool and fitness center that looked very nice. Would recommend. to others as a safe and comfortable hotel. It is kind of in the middle of nowhere along the highway so it appeared more safe than most.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank happyfamilyMacomb_Il
Toni D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express Winona North. We are very pleased to hear that you made the right choice b y staying with us. And would like to apologize about the poor quality in the WIFI. We are currently going through a renovation of our wireless connection. Our IT professionals are changing out our routers so the connection was impaired. We promise next time you stop through the wireless service will be outstanding. I hope you had a safe trip home and come visit us again!

- Kendra Loggins
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My room was one of 15 in a group who were staying in Winona this Thanksgiving for a wedding. For four nights, the Holiday Inn Express made us feel like family. They could not have been more accommodating, making sure we had everything we needed and were able to celebrate the joyous occasion and holiday comfortably. Even when we let the excitement get the better of our group (sometimes getting a little too loud after a day of celebrating), the staff treated us with professional courtesy and respect.
I had never been to Mississippi and did not know what to expect of a hotel so far out in the country. I've never been happier with a stay. Huge thanks to the kind staff in this lovely hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank spigotmonkey
Toni D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Ive got to say the pleasure was all ours! What a great group of friends! We had a wonderful time taking care of your group and hope that you and your friends and family will come back and visit the happy couple. We love taking care of guest here in Winona. It makes us happy that you noticed our efforts. Thank you again and please come back and visit!
Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night during a business outing and this hotel was really nice. It looks fairly new and was updated. The checkin was a snap and the staff was very friendly. The room I had was a king suite and was very pleasant. The bed was comfortable the flat panel tv was nice and clear. The air worked great. I would recommend this place it you are staying in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank crwchief6
I am so happy we were a good pick for your business travels. Here in Winona, we are located at the crossroads of Mississippi! We strive to ensure our business clients have a wonderful stay and are able to get their work done in their room, watch football and have a beer down in our great room, or have some space for a business meeting. Thank you and I hope you will find yourself trying us again!
Tishomingo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband , youngest son, and myself stayed here after going to a high school football game. It was to far to go home and then drive to the Mississippi State game the next morning. Very nice, clean, and new hotel. The rooms was great, and we had a great nights rest. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful as well. After we got to the Mississippi State ballgame, it dawned on us that we had left my oldest sons iPad, not good. I called and the nice lady at the front desk told me that she would go and check. She called me back within minutes and assured me that she had it and would knave it in a safe place until I got back. I drove an hour one way to get it after the game. The people at this hotel were the most friendliest and helpful, from the ones that were there when we checked in to the one that helped me out. Thanks so much. So if you are traveling in the area and want a nice hotel with a friendly and helpful staff, this is the place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank clairestone
Hello again! I believe we were as relieved as you were when we reunited you with your Ipad! Nicki was the young lady that found it for you and we are very proud to have her on staff with us! Thank you for mentioning Mississippi State Games! We are a great stopping place for the game with lower rates than Starkville and no extended stay requirements. We love the bulldogs and look forward to another great season! Hope you will come back and see us next season too!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Alluvian Hotel
Alluvian Hotel
#2 of 8 in Greenwood
4.5 of 5 stars 193 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North? Share your experiences!