New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winona
Nashville
“Outstanding Staff and Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My family and I recently booked six rooms at this hotel on a recent trip to Mississippi. Not only was the hotel a very nice facility with all the amenities that travelers might need, the best feature was the professional, courteous and service oriented staff. Special kudo's to Ms. Toni Day for her on site assistance in making the arrangements for our stay and her continuous oversight to ensure that every family member in our party received five star service and very comfortable lodging accomodations. Also, a special thank you to Veronica for her assistance at check-in and check-out, as well as her telephone call after check-out regarding a pair of eye glasses that my wife had left behind. The entire staff at this hotel works as a team to make certain that all guests are made to feel welcome and appreciated. Thank you for a job well done and a great stay for all of us.

Mike & Donna
Nashville, TN

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ToniDay, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy to hear from guest after they have left! Your family is a true delight and my staff enjoyed them staying with us too. I love that you noted our staff works as a team. Our first focus here in Winona is customer service above and beyond, second is team work. Every department helps each other and cross trains that way if you stop a housekeeper and ask a question about front desk they are going to either have an answer or know where to get one. I hope the next time your visiting your family's old stomping groud you come see us again! Thanks again Mike and Donna!
Toni Day- Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Me and my wife where traveling through, and we where drving a rv and we where headed toI IL, an we need to find a waste dump for the rv. So I went to the front desk with my conern where we could find one and Kendrick got on it right away while Kendra help also by checking the rest areas online, Thease guys where so great to us we have never had services this was wonderful, great southern hospitality

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ToniDay, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
It is always great to hear when our staff goes above and beyond! Here at Holiday Inn Express - Winona North we focus on customer service. It is so nice to see that not only did our staff follow this model for you but that you were helped to make your trip comfortable. Whether a guest sleeping at our hotel that night or a traveler on the Highway our focus is to make their travels as simple as possible. Please stop by anytime!
montz, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I would recommend this hotel for a weekend stay. It was a new and very nice, clean hotel and the front desk/restaurant employees were very very friendly. The HOT breakfast alone saved $$$ for my family. It wasn't just pastries, they offered hot eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and more. My teenage kids loved it. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. The fridge and micro in the room was a nice touch and we could not beat the price of the room since we got a deal on priceline naming our own price. And they also were very nice when we asked for a late check out. We expected an hour or so and they gave us til 2pm which was awesome. We will definately stay again when we come back for hunting. Not staying anywhere else...in this area

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review! We enjoy families coming to visit us, as a parent I know the hardship of finding breakfast for the family, getting everyone ready and then ... the cost. Our Free Hot Breakfast bar is just one way we try to take some stress out of family travel. Everyone is welcome to come down and enjoy on their schedule.
The 2pm check out is something we also offer to all of our priority club members. We dont want anyone to ever feel rushed to leave our hotel!
We look foward to having you and your family again next hunting season! Thank you again!
gary,in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

The hospitality was great, the young lady Kendra was professional. The breakfast was gd . The gentleman Kendricks, he was friendly ,very helpful. I would recommend all my family when they come in town to stay there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review! It once again thrills me to see our staff following our model of customer service. That is our focus here at the Holiday Inn Express - Winona North. We want our guest to feel like guest. We try our best to take the some stress out of your travels. I look foward to you and your family staying with us in the future. Thanks again!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Everything was great with this hotel. My wife and I have a 5 month old baby so we wanted to be able to get a good nights sleep so we decided to get a hotel. The rates were very high for the area but, thanks to the friends and family rate, the room rate was cut in half. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. This hotel was a great idea for Winona. Many of the families here travel to Memphis to host a family reunion. I see great things for this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you! We are so happy you choose to stay with us! We have hosted lots of family reunions and have many more in the future! Winona has a deep appriciation for family and history making it a great place to reunite with loved ones. I look foward to you staying again next time your in town with your little one.
Lake Charles, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

This is by far the BEST hotel my wife and I had ever stayed in! Kendrick at the front desk upgraded us to a bigger room at NO CHARGE because he was compassionate enough to noticed that we had a 9 month old and needed a fridge in the room to keep her milk cold. I was floored when my wife said that we had been upgraded at no charge. This will be our regular stop to rest on our annual trips to IL & WI. Keep up the great work and compassionate thoughts!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
I love that you got that perk offered to you! We cannot always offer upgrades at no charge but sometimes the cards do fall in your favor and I'm so glad it did! Our suites are great rooms for a family because they offer more floor space and extra seating! We look foward to being your regular stop on your trips! One thing our staff loves is seeing someone return to our hotel! Thanks Again for the great review!!!
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was by far THE best stay at any hotel ever!!! We have had many different stays, many! My hubby is a truck driver. We were going to do our laundry, the machines, brand new by the way, having problems getting online and running, no big deal, front desk says gather your laundry we'll do it for you...............NO CHARGE!! I arrived a little early for our stay, no problem, got checked in for my much needed nap!! Oh and had to mend a button on my hubby's uniform, not a problem, they deliver the sewing kit to our door. Service is a absolute dream here! I am not one to jump on and write reviews, but this hotel earned every keystroke!! Way to go Winona, MS!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you! Thank you! Holiday Inn Express - Winona North is focused on customer service! It is exciting when our guest pick up on it!
We do offer guest laundry but as you said if the machines dont want to coorperate or there are too many guest in need ... our front desk will be happy to take care of it for you at no charge!
It is impossible to plan a trip based on hotel check in and out times. We know that here in Winona, MS and if we can have a room ready before check in time for you we will! Also if you need to leave late that day we can offer all our Priority Club members a late check out up to 2 hours!
We offer lots of forgotten amminities at our front desk at no extra charge to you. I am so glad you were able to fix the button for your husband. We also have things such as toothbrushes, razors, shower caps, and much more! We want to ensure you are as comfortable as possible in your travels.
Thanks for taking time to review us! We look foward to your future stays!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Grenada
#6 of 13 in Grenada
3.0 of 5 stars 45 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Grenada

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North? Share your experiences!