Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins
$80
TripAdvisor
Dru's Inn(Hattiesburg)
$50
Sleep Inn & Suites(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$98
$88
Home2.com
Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$89
Best Western Seaway Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
Clarion Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$62
ClarionHotels
$59
ComfortInn
$54
All reviewsfront deskking studiogreat place to staygreat roomclean roomswould highly recommend this hotelcomplimentary breakfaststay there againan upgradethe young ladyfresh fruitnice hotelthe mississippi gulf coastwe've stayedfamily reunionnext morningstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff at this Hampton Inn is very friendly and warm. They are willing to assist you with any of your needs and want to make sure you are satisfied. The room was nice,clean, and the bed comfortable. only thing I didn't like was all the omelets were pre-made with cheese and I'm lactose intolerant. The free internet is a plus. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Everything was super nice which surprised me knowing how small the town is! Nothing bad to say! Check in was smooth front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast was great for my 2 small kids Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

...or at least the decaf. Great location right on U.S. 49 with plenty of fast-food options nearby. Had a great night's rest on Sunday (Super Bowl) night. Very friendly and helpful folks at front desk. The room was exactly what I booked. Very well appointed. The breakfast, however, was not a good experience. Decent choice of foods but eggs and biscuits were lukewarm at best (if that hot). I grabbed a cup of decaf coffee (I can't handle caffeine anymore.) and didn't drink it until I was on the road. I almost had a wreck it was so bad. Other than the breakfast part, it was a good experience. I'll stay there next time I'm in the area. I'll just go down the road to McD's for my coffee.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is our second week long stay in this hotel. The staff is always friendly, the hotel is super clean, and there is a decent breakfast each morning. This hotel is a short drive from all the gulf attractions, not to mention there is a Walmart and a variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Overall, I would choose this hotel every time.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I traveled to Wiggins on business and the only nice thing I can say is that this hotel gave me a roof over my head which prevented me from being eaten by predators or freezing to death.

Where to start with the problems? I booked a suite and they gave me a single room with two queen beds.

Do you like showers with water pressure? Do you like being able to get the soap off your body and out of your hair? Skip this hotel then. The water pressure was a trickle and the water is so hard that removing soap from my skin was an ordeal. It was a double dose of failure.

The internet service in this hotel is the worst I have ever encountered. It frequently disconnected and when it would connect it was not any faster than dialup. Here's a hint, Hampton Inn Wiggins, my cell phone on 3G should not be faster than your "high speed internet." It prevented me from getting the work done that I needed to get done while at the hotel. I spent at least 40-50 nights per year in hotel rooms throughout the country and have for many years. As a result, I have a great deal of hotels to compare this one to and I have to say it's at the bottom of my list.

When I registered my complaints with the front desk it appeared they wrote them down but I got barely more than an acknowledgement of the problems and I am not quite sure that they understood the Internet issue at all.

I suppose if you need a place to stop over while on a long car trip this hotel might suffice but if you're looking for anything beyond that then I would recommend pushing through to Gulfport or someplace that might have more modern accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SarahR332, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Tim,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel and am so sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. Also, thank you for your comments regarding the hot water, we discovered that one of our hot water boosters was not functioning and were able to quickly order replacement parts. Also, we are in the process of a Wifi upgrade which should be completed this week. I do appreciate your comments and would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of service. If your plans bring you to our area again, please call and ask to speak to the General Manager. Thank you once again for your comments.

MGT