“Very nice!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wiggins
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Everything was super nice which surprised me knowing how small the town is! Nothing bad to say! Check in was smooth front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast was great for my 2 small kids Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed February 5, 2013

...or at least the decaf. Great location right on U.S. 49 with plenty of fast-food options nearby. Had a great night's rest on Sunday (Super Bowl) night. Very friendly and helpful folks at front desk. The room was exactly what I booked. Very well appointed. The breakfast, however, was not a good experience. Decent choice of foods but eggs and biscuits were lukewarm at best (if that hot). I grabbed a cup of decaf coffee (I can't handle caffeine anymore.) and didn't drink it until I was on the road. I almost had a wreck it was so bad. Other than the breakfast part, it was a good experience. I'll stay there next time I'm in the area. I'll just go down the road to McD's for my coffee.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is our second week long stay in this hotel. The staff is always friendly, the hotel is super clean, and there is a decent breakfast each morning. This hotel is a short drive from all the gulf attractions, not to mention there is a Walmart and a variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Overall, I would choose this hotel every time.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I traveled to Wiggins on business and the only nice thing I can say is that this hotel gave me a roof over my head which prevented me from being eaten by predators or freezing to death.

Where to start with the problems? I booked a suite and they gave me a single room with two queen beds.

Do you like showers with water pressure? Do you like being able to get the soap off your body and out of your hair? Skip this hotel then. The water pressure was a trickle and the water is so hard that removing soap from my skin was an ordeal. It was a double dose of failure.

The internet service in this hotel is the worst I have ever encountered. It frequently disconnected and when it would connect it was not any faster than dialup. Here's a hint, Hampton Inn Wiggins, my cell phone on 3G should not be faster than your "high speed internet." It prevented me from getting the work done that I needed to get done while at the hotel. I spent at least 40-50 nights per year in hotel rooms throughout the country and have for many years. As a result, I have a great deal of hotels to compare this one to and I have to say it's at the bottom of my list.

When I registered my complaints with the front desk it appeared they wrote them down but I got barely more than an acknowledgement of the problems and I am not quite sure that they understood the Internet issue at all.

I suppose if you need a place to stop over while on a long car trip this hotel might suffice but if you're looking for anything beyond that then I would recommend pushing through to Gulfport or someplace that might have more modern accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SarahR332, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Tim,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel and am so sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. Also, thank you for your comments regarding the hot water, we discovered that one of our hot water boosters was not functioning and were able to quickly order replacement parts. Also, we are in the process of a Wifi upgrade which should be completed this week. I do appreciate your comments and would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of service. If your plans bring you to our area again, please call and ask to speak to the General Manager. Thank you once again for your comments.

MGT

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels. This looked like the best option for our one night stay in Wiggins, MS. The front desk attendant seemed tired upon check-in but got us checked in without issue. We stayed in a King Suite with a pull out bed. There were no pillows available in the room for the pull out for my son. I called the front desk and she didn't know if she could find us any but she would look. She arrived shortly after with one pillow and a pillowcase. The room was spacious and met my standards for cleanliness. The king bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. We were on the third floor overlooking the pool so our stay was nice and quiet. The breakfast was adequate. I would stay here again if I happened to be in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel seemed new, the beds were great, the staff was above and beyond and the pool was so inviting in 100 degree Ms weather. Hot breakfast, and honor (pay ) room where frozen entrees and colas, ice cream were kept for those that didn't want to go out. Off road traffic, easy to get to and quiet. Will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We needed a place to stop and spend the night on the way to Biloxi. Wow were we surprised! Great price and very clean beautiful room. The breakfast was excellent. The decor was soothing which was awesome after a long drive. Highly recommend this hotel. Wish we could have been there early enough to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: June 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins? Share your experiences!