“Nicest Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wiggins
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I travel for a living. The service and hotel were both wonderful. Sarah, the General Manager made special effort to make sure our stay was up to par.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank KonaGirl126
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were told by our family that this was a brand new hotel. The lobby is typical but the room.....WOW! This was an absolutely beautiful, modern room. Absolutely no complaints and worth much more than what they were charging. We stayed in a King Studio upon the recommendation of the clerk that night. So glad that I listened to her as this room as amazing.

We walked into this studio and were amazed to see a 2 sided desk (for internet access) that acted as a room divider and had a nice sized LCD TV on an adjustable wall hanger. The bathroom/changing room area was granite and tile floors. The shower curtain was so tasteful that it added to the whole look of the bathroom. I absolutely love this room. The bed was the most comfortable of our vacation (we drove from Texas to Key West and back).

The ONLY bad thing that I can say is that about 11 or 11:30pm, the truck drivers started in with starting up their vehicles and letting them run. As soon as one shut down, another one would start up. I told the front desk about this so I really hope that they take some advice and restrict truck parking to the back or put truck drivers on the same side with their trucks and everyone else on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not let the hotel give you a room on the same side as any trucks and let them know ahead of time...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Wiggins, Mississippi is still fairly new so it's in pretty good condition. The lobby is nice, and so is the fitness center, the business center, and the outdoor pool. The room was just what you'd expect from a new Hampton Inn--a soft comfortable bed, a microwave, a mini-refrigerator, and decent free internet access.

The hotel is located on US-49. There is a Western Sizzlin nearby, as well as a Popeye's Chicken, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Subway, Wal-Mart, and a few gas stations. Further north at US 49 & Central Avenue, there is a Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and Perico's Mexican Grill.

The staff were very impressive. While I was staying there, the City of Wiggins issued a "boil water" notice, due to a construction crew breaking a water line nearby. The sfaff quickly posted notices all over the hotel, left notices in the room, left a voice mail on the phone, came by the room to tell me, and notified me while I was at the front desk. They also provided all the free bottled water I wanted, so I could drink it and use it to brush my teeth. The washer and dryer weren't working when I was there, but the nice lady behind the counter offered to let me use the hotel's laundry room. That was something I've never seen at any hotel anywhere.

I don't know if I'll get back to the area anytime soon, but if I do I'll definitely be staying at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Spent three nights at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Wiggins, MS recently and was pleased with my stay. The facility is pretty new, the staff was really friendly, and the usual services were presented with thought. Breakfast area was large, and breakfast well-stocked each day, fitness center had two treadmills, a bike, an elliptical, weights, etc. Good location for the Wiggins area, and easy to access from the Gulfport airport. If I were traveling to the area again, I would certainly stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sgi10
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Really nice, really clean newer hotel. My Suite was HUGE! The bed was very comfortable and I didn't hear any noise from the highway. Additionally, though the hotel was fairly full, I didn't hear any noise from other rooms while I was there. This particular Hampton has also installed some stripping around the underside of the door, which prevents unwanted light and noise from coming in the room. They've also done something with the doors that causes them to close very softly instead on slamming shut...another thing that cuts down on the noise and improves the sleep quality.

My only complain is that the lady that checked us in was SUPER slow. Even though it was busy, she took way longer than it should have to check guests in, it was like watching a movie in slow motion.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank littleamen
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed for one night while attending a wedding. When we checked in (Christy at front desk) made us feel very welcome. After getting our room and settling in we received a call from (Christy) asking if our room was satisfactory. We stayed in the suite and it was excellent, large and spacious. We found all staff employees very friendly. This stay was most pleasant and the staff was very friendly. This is what I like to expect when I stay in a hotel. They all made us feel very welcome. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marcodean
Reviewed February 15, 2011

On monday feburary 14, 2011, yes valentine day. I stoped by to check the hotel room rates, and the rooms, to plan a suprise for my wife, and the hospitality and friendlyness of the staff was above and beyond excellent, the room's were great, clean, well design, this is my new home away from home, when i come to MS.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cilllster777

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wiggins? Share your experiences!