“Fantastic weekend at the punch bowl”
Review of Punch Bowl

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Satley
Punch Bowl
Ranked #1 of 1 Satley B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wanted to visit beamish, so booked the Punch Bowl for the weekend, the best choice I could make, Gill and Terry were the perfect hosts the food was very good and the room was beautiful and clean, will go there again if ever we are up there, we were very pampered. Highly recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rene170546

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our second visit to this pub which has a welcoming atmosphere and good, honest, home cooked food. The service was a little slow, but that didn't stop us from enjoying our meal which was excellent value for money. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have been here a few times and the main thing that irritates me is the lack of handheld menu, you arrive on time for your table, but then instead of being shown to the table, they tell you to choose from the various blackboards before you sit. This makes you feel rushed and awkward just standing there! I don't like this and for the four times we have been none of the people we have been with have either. The first time I thought it was just while they were waiting for them to be printed, but clearly not. The food is nice and the waitresses are always helpful and friendly, except I have found one to wear inappropriately short skirts (didn't see her last night). Like I say all enjoyed the food albeit we had to wait a while. There is another blackboard in the restaurant but it is situated behind a table and if that table is full you can't see it for the bodies at the table and also if I was sat at that table I wouldn't want anyone staring at me. May I suggest you either print menus or hang the board above the fireplace for all to see. Overall fine, but please sort the menus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sutie76
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Called here for lunch while travelling on a wet, miserable day. Cheered up when I saw the real fire!
I had fish and chips because the veggie dish didn't look very interesting and my husband had beef and pigeon. The food was fine and the staff were friendly. I would eat here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank morageckford
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I always judge a pub lunch by whether it's as good as what you would have at home. Believe me, the Sunday Lunch at The Punch Bowl is beautiful. Lots of meat off the joint, huge Yorkies, roasted veg, roasted potatoes then a dish of cabbage, turnip and mash, accompanied by a jug of the tastiest gravy.
This was a real treat and WELL above average. Anyone in the Co. Durham area, give The Punch Bowl a try, you will NOT be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank pscott1973
Reviewed August 21, 2013

the punch bowl is a very warm welcoming place to stay! The beds in the bedrooms where very very comfy and each bedroom had its own en-suit. the staff where really friendly and the breakfast was delicious. There where always things to do around the area like durham cathedral and beamish museum. pub\restruant was very cosy and had a lovely atmosphere. We had dinner there every night because the food was so tasty.
would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank olivia f
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fantastic food,lovely comfortable rooms and every need catered for. The owners go out of there way to ensure everything was perfect. Set in beautiful surroundings. Great little peaceful getaway. Will be returning ASAP. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Lawes22

Been to Punch Bowl? Share your experiences!