“Good food! !!!”

Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in West Point
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife there on our anniversary. The food was really good and the setting of the restaurant is really rustic and nice. The only thing I didn't care for was the smoking section was way to close to the non smoking. So I smelled nasty cigarettes throughout our entire meal.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had dinner at Anthony's with some good friends, and had a great experience. The service was very good, the atmosphere was good, and the food was excellent. It's not fancy but you can dress up if you want and you won't be out of place.

It's in a small town near where we live, and we have been to Anthony's before, maybe twice over the past decade. West Point is not a real tourist destination, but if you want good food, this place has it. They serve beer, but if you want a cocktail or wine, you bring your own. They will serve the mixers, open the wine, etc. That was different, but no big deal.

I had the Chicken Anthony, my wife and another had a fish dish, and another had a steak. All were very reasonably priced, cooked and served correctly, and were excellent. The only reason I did not give a 5 rating is that the layout, walking surfaces, and so forth are not the greatest. But we plan on going back soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I ate dinner at this restaurant on a Friday night at the end of May. The dress code is extremely casual(I did not feel out of place wearing a tee shirt and shorts) but I thought the menu options were remarkably diverse. I opted not to order off the menu because both of the nightly appetizer and entree selections that my knowledgeable and helpful server described to me were quite appealing. I had a delicious Asian-style preparation of veggies and beans that was served in a lettuce wrap as my appetizer. I opted for a grilled Florida grouper that was prepared with a delightful sauce served with well prepared grilled
mixed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes that were first rate(despite being served on saucers). The other entree option was a grilled Chilean sea bass that likely would have been a good option as well.
The main menu appeared to have a wide variety of appetizers and a number of chicken, shrimp, seafood and beef options.
Since I was by myself I opted to not imbibe alcohol. It looked like they served beer but many tables appeared to have diners who brought their own bottles of wine with them.
I saw a number of locals come in to pick up take out while I was eating my meal.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I went here to eat. I am not from the area and have never heard of this place before. Not a bad place, it doesn't look like much though from the outside and if you aren't from the area like me, you might just drive past it. Glad I gave it a chance though. The place is casual with a bar, but I think they only sold beer, but you could also bring in our own wine for dinner which was nice. One thing though, I just wish they offered bottled water. I don't like to drink the tap when I travel. For locals though, I'm sure it's not a big deal. The food seemed very southern and almost everything was fried. I can't eat fried food, so ordering was extremely tough. The waiter was very nice though and let me put together my own meal with some substitutions (thank you so much for that). I ordered grilled chicken and without the sauce that normally came on it, but it actually was blackened chicken. I think that's a regional southern thing though, a bit on the spicy side. I'm just not used to that. The meal overall was good though.

1  Thank smores11
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Fills up quickly, get there early or you won't get a table. Beer on tap. The fried pickels were excellent.