We had a good clean, though not large, room and bathroom facilities. Comfortable bed. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Some of the staff seemed inexperienced, but they were willing to help and tried hard (e.g. we had to tell a barman how to mix a whisky and ginger, which he'd never heard of, and he seemed pleased to have learned something new!) Food in the Stables Bar a bit plastic and mass-produced (chicken "Parmesan" came with a very un-Italian bright yellow melted cheese coating and the chips were soft and greasy). We tried the main restaurant the next night - food much more appetising, though priced accordingly. Pleasant Lounge area where you can get afternoon tea or light snacks, and also "Breakfast Items" such as bacon baps, croissants etc with coffee. This is a good deal if you don't want a big breakfast from the wide selection on offer in the dining room, although the staff seemed unaware of this option, and tried to charge us for restaurant breakfasts - but it was amicably and competently sorted out by the Receptionist when we checked-out. Surprisingly large swimming pool for a hotel, with good changing facilities, also golf, gym and spa facilities, which we didn't try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive Georgian Country House with original portions dating from 1540, set in 69 acres of park & woodlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hall Garth Golf And Country Club Hotel Darlington
- Hall Garth Hotel And Country